*Author

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Day Traitors [AI4][Gold][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318032#msg318032
« on: April 23, 2011, 03:19:52 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jq 7jq 7jt 7jt 7jt 7jt 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7k5 7k5 7k5 7k5 7n2 7n2 7tb 7tb 7tb 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 8pt

This deck absolutely wrecks AI4.  The strategy is complicated, but powerful: Put down an RoL or 2.  Once you have 2 Light quanta, put down a Solar Shield and Nightmare the RoL.  This clogs up the AI5's hand, preventing him from drawing.  The AI4 almost never plays the RoLs on the very next turn, so you get an additional turn wherein the AI4 only draws one card instead of two.  Then, when the RoLs do hit the table, they start powering your Solar Shield.

You then proceed to set down some Crusaders and a Vampire Dagger.  Sometimes, you Animate and Bless the dagger in order to multiply the Blessings between the Crusaders.  Either way, between the Daggers, the Vampiric Crusaders, and the life drain from Nightmare, it's pretty easy to stay alive.  You Nightmare again, and the strategy forks -- either you nightmare a Golden Dragon to keep the AI4's hand clogged and keep him only drawing one card for a while, or you Nightmare more RoLs in the hopes of essentially creating a Malignant Cell-type situation on the enemy's board. 

Either way, your giant vampiric critters whittle him down and keep your health up at the same time, and the massive pile of RoLs on his side keep him from playing too many creatures and outstripping your healing with his own damage.  The two halves of the strategy -- the RoL/Nightmare/Solar Shield and the Crusader/Vamp Dagger/Animate/Blessing -- thus work together very effectively to make sure that you rarely win a game without an Elemental Mastery.

It loses to Dissipation Shield, but almost any other shield can either be powered past or outwaited.  It loses to repeatable permanent control, but that's pretty rare in AI4.  It loses to an early Otyugh or a Maxwell's Demon at almost any time.  But all told, because it's AI4, all of those things are out there, but not massively common.  This deck takes strong advantage of the way that AI4 decks are randomized as well as the AI4 drawing rules and AI behavior in general in order to abuse the system as much as possible and bring you 10-15 turn EM victories with remarkable consistency.

Unfortunately, due to the lack of :light production in Photons, at the moment the unupped version of this deck is still under heavy construction.

Thoughts?
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Day Traitors [AI5][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318039#msg318039
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 03:31:42 am »
Looks nice :). Looks like more fun then Vader Sader and built to fight against the AI5. Sanctuary looks like it'd wreck this deck though, also would you play crusaders first or dragons?

• Legendary Member
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Day Traitors [AI5][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318065#msg318065
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:38:20 am »
Depends on the situation, of course.  Usually Crusaders, but I've had a few occasions when it made more sense to play Dragons first.  And generally you can get at least one batch of Nightmared RoL's out before Sanctuary hits, so it's not as crippling as it seems. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Re: Day Traitors [AI5][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318097#msg318097
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 05:58:28 am »
Really innovative concept!  Also lots of fun to play ... (oh yeah really does crush AI5 ... even overcame some early oty).

darthsumo

Re: Day Traitors [AI5][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318102#msg318102
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:20:15 am »
Nice deck.  I played 5 games, went 3-2.  Ran up against some steals and creature control.  Added a couple of miracles to soak up all the extra  :light, and went 7-1.  Found a nice way to EM is save a miracle and a nightmare for your last turn...

• Legendary Member
Re: Day Traitors [AI5][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318110#msg318110
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 06:34:02 am »
Not a bad idea.  Did you take anything out, or just straight add Miracle?  And how many?

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Day Traitors [AI5][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318189#msg318189
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 10:10:04 am »
Good thinking, Essence. This deck works wonderfully, and breaks the monotony in my grinding. Very nice. :)
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline BloodlinE

• Reputation Power: 7
  • BloodlinE is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Singularities are cool. Don't bother complaining
Re: Day Traitors [AI5][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318219#msg318219
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 01:03:45 pm »
nice looking deck essence.
you somehow borrowed my concept.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,11921.0.html
hehe but nice deck.
GOGOGO essence your awesome!
"The Brighter the flame the deeper the shadow"

• Legendary Member
Re: Day Traitors [AI5][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318376#msg318376
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 06:58:47 pm »
I hate to break it to you, Bloodline, but I had a Nightmare/Photon/Solar Shield deck posted in Beta Decks long before Nightmare went live. :p  It got cleaned up when the Beta Decks were deleted, unfortunately.  I've never seen Another Nightmare before today.  Looks pretty cool, though. ;)

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Day Traitors [AI5][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318771#msg318771
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 07:55:25 am »
Ok, after playing with this deck a bit... You don't need the Light Dragons except in rather odd and unfortunate circumstances. Also, an Improved Miracle helps a lot. So: proposed change is -2 Light Dragons, +1 Improved Miracle.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

twixy10

Re: Day Traitors [AI5][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318804#msg318804
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 12:01:31 pm »
This deck doesn't like me, 5e match and still not got 1 single solar buckler XD

hmm, The AI is quite funny against this deck. you give him 6 RoL with nightmare, he fractals an RoL, plays that 1 RoL and the rest still sits in his hand XD. (in trainer).

Offline BloodlinE

• Reputation Power: 7
  • BloodlinE is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Singularities are cool. Don't bother complaining
Re: Day Traitors [AI5][Upped][Light][Darkness] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24954.msg318833#msg318833
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 01:51:28 pm »
I hate to break it to you, Bloodline, but I had a Nightmare/Photon/Solar Shield deck posted in Beta Decks long before Nightmare went live. :p  It got cleaned up when the Beta Decks were deleted, unfortunately.  I've never seen Another Nightmare before today.  Looks pretty cool, though. ;)
(^^,)
its ok.
continue your nice work essence.
"The Brighter the flame the deeper the shadow"

anything
blarg: Essence