*Author

Jaxly

Draw.gon + (V.V) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg289585#msg289585
« on: March 13, 2011, 04:57:06 pm »
::  Draw-stall-gone?-Dragon!  ::
                      +                                 
   ::  Vampire version  (V.V)  ::

• Deck principle is to quickly draw dragons, blitz, Parallel Universe and chimera while having enough quanta to play them all.
  • Results in 110 damage.
  • Sundials to stall.
  • PvP fun deck
  • (V.V) grants EM - but loses speed and is easier to counter.
  • Originals average win in about 9 turns (PvP). Faster if opponent has no PC.
  • (V.V) average win is slightly slower, with the same hand it'd take 1 turn longer to win normally.
  • Fastest win in 6 turns. Both decks are capable of doing this.
Draw.gon original
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5bt 5f2 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5ul 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 711 74g 7n9 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7qb 80b 8pj

There's really no need to up the blitz/chim/PU/dragons to be honest. Upping sundials means less useful mulligans.

Draw.gon (V.V)
5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74g 7ad 7di 7gt 7n9 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7qb 7te 80b 8pj

Statistics
I never grind the AI but maybe some people do. Here are some statistics for you chaps.

Deck used: [/color][/b]
Draw.gon (v.v)
Opponent:
AI3
Total games:
Games won:
Games lost:
EMs:
Win %:
98%
Money made:
A bit over 2k
Turns to win: [/color][/b]
Number of matches won
6 turns:
7 turns:
8 turns:
9 turns:
10 turns:
11 turns:
12 turns:
13 turns:
Time to win: [/color][/b]
110-130 seconds per game
Average turns to win:
Comment on loss:
Drew complete combo on 1st go. Never happened before. No towers till final few cards. In retrospect I could have won it if I had discarded sensibly, but I was in zombie mode.
Additional comment:
AI3 can't counter your deck. I saw blackhole in a rainbow deck that I came across twice, but AI can't use it to counter. Silence is annoying but it doesn't counter. Pretty much you should always win if you play smart.
Another additional comment:
I didn't intend for these decks to be used against the AI but they work ok. Use (v.v) for AI grinding though.

Problems and counters:

Black holes - All quanta drain destroys this deck but a single black hole is an instant loss.
                     If you suspect your opponent of having them hold your nova as long as
                     possible, change your discard priority (Never discard hourglasses or Nova) Play
                     sundials only at end and in conjunction with a single nova for 2 draws.
                     The idea here being that you play 5 nova in one turn, then draw your combo.
                     This has worked twice for me. Chances are you're screwed. It's a problem.
                     Vamp version auto loss.

Devourers -  Rush Rush Rush. The instant you play a nova its a race between you
                    drawing your combo and a devourer getting 3 of the same element. Wins
                    are possible but not definite. A bad draw for you will mean you lose.
                    Vamp Version loses to devourers.

Discord -       The nicest of the quanta changers. Hold a nova or two till appropriate. Don't
                    draw to 0 until you can definitely play your combo. Early dragons may be a
                    good idea if you think they have no CC. (unlikely)
                    Vamp Version can easily lose to discord.

Hard PC control -   A permanent or creature with destroy or steal will gimp you hard and
                            will result in a slower draw rate and poor stalling. Play all draw
                            cards at once to avoid them being picked off one by one. Spell cards like
                            Explosion are nasty in numbers but bearable otherwise. Steal won't
                            stop the dials effect, so its not as bad a problem as explosion/deflag.
                            Poor vamp version is more likely to suffer from this.

Ghost of the past/Nightmare -   This deck messes with draw potential. This deck is
                                                 incredibly tough to beat and significant changes to play
                                                 style must be made in order to do so. Rare deck, but
                                                 advice on it would be awesome (I've only beaten it twice)
                                                 Never versed it with (V.V)

Sundials -  This is an incredibly rare card in competitive PvP. I've encountered it once in a
                 friendly duel and once in PvP2 (in a deck nearly identical to this one)
                 However it will stall your creature and possibly force a deck out. Be wary of
                 going too low on cards if you suspect opponent has one.
                 Mindgates can take your sundials.
                 (V.V) doesn't mind sundials as much as the other things it fails to.

Max Hp raisers -  When opponent has more HP than is possible to remove in one turn.
                           You or your chimera will be vunerable for a single turn.
                           This is a problem when combined with certain shields or when opponent
                           has the means to destroy you or your chimera.
                           If the opponent has no significant shield play dragons and blitz without
                           chimera. Play chimera on the next turn. Unless the change was drastic it
                           should still result in a kill.
                           (V.V) thinks max HP raisers suck but are more bearable than other controls.

If anyone was playing a similar deck or is just clever enough to come up with solutions to these issues I'd love some advice. If you have suggestions about the deck make up itself (like adding precogs) please also share the wisdom.

The way this deck is played massively affects its usefulness. Some choices arent too obvious though - advice here is good too!

How I play this deck
1)Play any time towers available
2) Play any hourglasses available
3) Play any nova available (Not so Vs drainage decks)
4) DO NOT play any dragon/PU/ blitz/chimera
5) Draw every time you can (Not so Vs decks with sundials)
6) Play sundials when you can string them with hourglasses to reach 0 cards in deck
    (19 cards left is normally when this can happen)
    OR when opponent is TWO turns away from killing you
    OR when you have a draw available but a full hand
7)Once you have 10 (or 12) of each electrum and the combo cards play them in this order
   i) Dragons
  ii) Parallel Universe the crimsom dragon
 iii) Air blitz
 iv) Chimera
  v) Liquid shadow the chimera if LS is available

Note: I normally play multiple dials in favour of drawing a card.

Discard priority
This is for a normal PvP game using original draw.gon.

From first to last discard:

1) Hourglass if you have more than one in play or in hand
2) Chimera if you think opponent won't shield against you or if shield can't take away enough damage
3) Precog
4) Nova (if none yet discarded)
5) Sundial or hourglass depending on quanta available

If you discard one of the combo cards (a dragon or the blitz) then you cannot pull off a 1hko.
This leaves you open to a final attack by your opponent who may well have built up enough damage to kill you in this space.
*You cannot discard nova in (V.V)
** 4 and 5 are interchangeable depending on what deck you're versing.

Deck evolution and old problems below.
Problem is: I'm not sure if [Quantum towers  :time mark and Novas] or [Time towers  :entropy mark and Novas] or a mix of the two are better for this deck. 

Quantum towers and novas can result in some bad RNG and not generate entropy for the novas early resulting in the discarding of cards. I've been thinking about replacing a nova for another quantum tower.

[Quantum Tower based deck with a  :time mark]
52h 560 5bt 5f2 5id 5op 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5ul 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 7ba 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 8ps

Time towers with entropy mark can offer more stable starts, generally without any need to discard many cards. However this deck is shutdown by quanta drainage and it is neccesary to cycle through 5 novas before playing the combo resulting in (what feels like) slightly less speed.

[Time tower based deck with a  :entropy mark]
52h 560 5bt 5f2 5id 5op 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5ul 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 8pj

The shard in the quanta deck is used as bait for PC if drawn early and sundial healing if drawn mid. It's pretty useless late. It can result in an extra few cards drawn either by preserving an hourglass or allowing an extra turn to hold off on a sundial mid to late game. I took it out of the time based deck as random quanta is dangerous to mess with when you need an exact amount out of a finite pool. (12 max) It is badly missed in the time deck, but that might be sentimentality. Currently leaning toward time towers.

I do not have the electrum to upgrade the time pillars unfortunately. (I don't grind)

Middle version - 1 Hit Knockout deck

52h 560 5bt 5f2 5id 5op 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5uu 61r 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 8pj
Thanks to silux for vampire/ parallel universe additions

Thanks,
Jaxly                                                                                                                                 

Credits
I'd like to thank the following people for their help and general soundness:

Oldtrees - Advice
PuppyChow - (V.V)
Silux - Advice x2
Sevs - (V.V) alternate
Malignant - (V.V)
willng3 - Transfer to rainbow decks from help section

They made the decks as much as I did.
Any additional improvements/advice that you can give me is still much loved.
Thank you all,
Jaxly
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:24:38 pm by willng3 »

silux

Re: Stall 1hko.. Quanta issues.. advice appreciated https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg289621#msg289621
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 05:49:28 pm »
[Time tower based deck with a  :entropy mark]
52h 560 5bt 5f2 5id 5op 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5ul 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 8pj
This deck does 102 damage when you have 30 cards.
Average draw now is 3(half the number of hourglasses+natural draw).
(30-6):3=8turn to have all cards playable
maintanance cost is 3 for time(2for hourglasses 1 for sundial)
so 6 time pillars if you want to feed hourglasses
I'd suggest entropy mark for easier supernovas.

Vampire liquid and twin universe would be a great add!
buona fortuna!

Danade

Re: Stall 1hko.. Quanta issues.. advice appreciated https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg289636#msg289636
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 06:15:15 pm »
What's this for? If it's just to get a lot of damage out quickly, you could try my Mistosis Green Dragon deck. You can get a lot of dragons out quickly and you get the benefit of healing as it's a life deck. I'll get a link if you like...

EDIT: Link: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22538.0.html (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22538.0.html)

Jaxly

Re: Stall 1hko.. Quanta issues.. advice appreciated https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg289649#msg289649
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 06:30:38 pm »
This deck does 102 damage when you have 30 cards.
Average draw now is 3(half the number of hourglasses+natural draw).
(30-6):3=8turn to have all cards playable
maintanance cost is 3 for time(2for hourglasses 1 for sundial)
so 6 time pillars if you want to feed hourglasses
I'd suggest entropy mark for easier supernovas.

Vampire liquid and twin universe would be a great add!
buona fortuna!
Grazie per l'aiuto!

I never even thought of vampire liquid thats an awesome tip!
I'll go test that out.

What's this for? If it's just to get a lot of damage out quickly, you could try my Mistosis Green Dragon deck. You can get a lot of dragons out quickly and you get the benefit of healing as it's a life deck. I'll get a link if you like...

EDIT: Link: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22538.0.html (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22538.0.html)
Thanks Danade, the deck is based around one-shotting your opponent just before you deck out.
I've been away from the game for a while and I havent tried all the new cards out yet - mitosis is next on my list so I'll give your deck a go right after this one :D
(this was to try out air blitz)

EDIT:
Sorry Danade, I don't actually have any shards of readiness. (Just got back to the game recently.) Would it be worth trying the deck without them/ a replacement?
(They seem a key component)

Danade

Re: Stall 1hko.. Quanta issues.. advice appreciated https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg289656#msg289656
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 06:39:59 pm »
Sorry, I didn't update the top post. The finished version is this:
Code: [Select]
5bt 5bt 5bt 5bt 7ad 7af 7af 7af 7af 7ai 7ai 7ai 7ai 7ak 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo
Edited the correct mark in.

The Question marks are Mistosis's

Jaxly

Re: Stall 1hko.. Quanta issues.. advice appreciated https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg289686#msg289686
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 07:16:15 pm »
New vesion - 100% EM deck (for somone)       
52h 560 5bt 5f2 5id 5op 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5uu 61r 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 8pj

Thanks to silux for vampire/ parallel universe additions

This is awesome :D
Thank you so so much silux!
+1

With this deck somone always wins EM, which just makes me feel happy inside ^-^.
Drawback to original is that there is now an extra combo card filling the space - possible poor initial draws increased slightly.
That said I think the card is completely worth it when playing for electrum.

How to play
1)Play any time towers available
2) Play any hourglasses available
3) Play any nova available
4) DO NOT play any dragon/PU/ blitz/chimera
5) Draw every time you can
6) Play sundials when you can string them with hourglasses to reach 0 cards in deck
    OR when opponent is TWO turns away from killing you
7)Once you have 10 of each electrum and the combo cards play them in this order
   i) Dragons
  ii) Parallel Universe the crimsom dragon
 iii) Air blitz
 iv) Chimera
  v) Liquid shadow the chimera
Any additional improvements/advice that you can give me is still much loved.
Thank you all,
Jaxly

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Stall 1hko.. Quanta issues.. advice appreciated https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg289886#msg289886
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 11:04:51 pm »
What about something like this so you do not have to wait for 5 out of the 6 supernovas to play a dragon

4vf 4vf 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74g 7n9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7te 80b 80b 80b 80b
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Jaxly

Re: Stall 1hko.. Quanta issues.. advice appreciated https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg289903#msg289903
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 11:36:20 pm »
This is Brilliant! I've only tested it out on 5 games but it gets the combo perfectly!
I swapped out the purple dragons for a crimson and an ivory dragon because I always seemed behind on entropy quanta from nova.
I might swap the upped dials for unupped because (I think)  its registering as a free card and gimping the pendulums at the start.
I cant test this in PvP because I dont have the cards for it but this is something Im definitely going to work towards.
I'll test it more tomorrow.
+1 Karma Sev, and sound out.

Offline Malignant

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Satan Claus
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st True Slayer of GodsSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #2 EventWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Stall 1hko.. Quanta issues.. advice appreciated https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg290037#msg290037
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 03:54:25 am »
5uu 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 75c 77b 7ad 7di 7gt 7n9 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7qb 7qb
Another version you might want to see.

Jaxly

Re: Stall 1hko.. Quanta issues.. advice appreciated https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg291562#msg291562
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 03:56:31 am »
Sorry I havent replied to your post Malignant but trainers been down for me the last couple of days so I cant test the deck.
Looks promising but Im not sure if I could draw all 6 nova easily to play the combo - won't be sure till I give it a go though.

Thus far the three main problems I've had with the deck are quanta drainage, max life increasers and hard PC control.
Decks that mess with draw rate, such as a nightmare/Ghost of the past/rewind deck, also give me greater trouble than normal.
As always looking for a way to incorporate vampirism into the combo. Thanks for the all the great input already given!

Some stats.. I'll take notes and get serious ones later.
Fastest win = 8 turns (4 of them dialed)
Average win = 10-11 turns
Win/Loss  PvP2 = It's above 1, but until I take readings I can't say exactly

Thanks to all who help with getting the deck right :)

PuppyChow

Re: Stall 1hko.. Quanta issues.. advice appreciated https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg296895#msg296895
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 11:50:42 pm »
If you want EM, I think your best bet is to hope that the opponent doesn't use devourers. And even with your original version, devourers could potentially keep you from getting the entropy quanta for supernova anyway.

Having to get all 6 novas doesn't make that large of a difference, and using the upped dragons to free up another card space for the liquid shadow is crucial.

560 5op 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5uu 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 7ad 7di 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q6 80b 8pj

Jaxly

Re: Stall 1hko.. Quanta issues.. advice appreciated https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22845.msg300941#msg300941
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 08:40:43 pm »
Thanks for the help!
I'll give your deck a spin next chance I have.
Initially I reckon I'll swap out silurian and a time tower for a precog and an artic dragon, but I'll try your original first.

Edited OP to current relevancey

blarg: silux,Jaxly,PuppyChow