*Author

QuantumT

Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg274997#msg274997
« on: February 21, 2011, 01:04:07 am »
NAME:
Quantum Harmonizer
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Generate a Pillar of target element.
NAME:
Quantum Harmonizer
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Generate a Tower of target element.
ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1001780
IDEA:
QuantumT
NOTES:
You would choose the pillar type by targeting it in your quanta pool.

I was thinking it could also be made into a pillar that could be sacrificed for the same effect, so that you could use more than 6 in a deck.
SERIES:
None
Basically, I just wanted to make trios and quartets more viable. The issue they have currently is that they're prone to draws that lack one of the types of quanta they need. This would fix that.

Sorry if someone has done this before, but I looked and didn't see anything quite like it.

Offline RagingAlien

• Reputation Power: 10
  • RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The glass is, in fact, completely full.
Re: Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg275033#msg275033
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 01:52:22 am »
I like the idea, but targetting the quanta pool? I'm not sure how it'd work, considering the target sizes would be rather... small. the next option would be to appear something like a pallet, but then coding, i imagine, would get considerably hard. The only problem i see is the targetting, otherwise a really nice card. Also, how would Quantum Pillars/Towers get created?
"When I go on the internet, everyone thinks I'm a dog :c"-Oace|"Don't feed trolls. Even though they're squishy and cute and make a funny noise when you poke them."-IH|"Live with it, or be a Llama." -artimies7|"Every time there is an awkward silence, somebody is thinking of Abraham Lincoln."-Xyzockie

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg275051#msg275051
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 02:05:39 am »
I like the idea, but targetting the quanta pool? I'm not sure how it'd work, considering the target sizes would be rather... small.
I was waiting for this argument. It's actually something that might create coding problems from what I've seen around the forum.
Solution - make it generate a element pillar of target card in hand or of target card on the field (mark is targetable).  It counters Nighmare that way too. ^^

Also, how would Quantum Pillars/Towers get created?
*points at Dagger, Short Sword, Hammer, Short Bow, and Shield* Really?

Offline RagingAlien

• Reputation Power: 10
  • RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The glass is, in fact, completely full.
Re: Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg275057#msg275057
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 02:10:21 am »
Solution - make it generate a element pillar of target card in hand or of target card on the field (mark is targetable).  It counters Nighmare that way too. ^^

I did not understand what you meant by your "solution", can you please explain it in Human? XD

Also, since it would target the quanta pool, how in the name of <insert any desired name here> would Dagger, Sword, Hammer, Bow and Shield help?
"When I go on the internet, everyone thinks I'm a dog :c"-Oace|"Don't feed trolls. Even though they're squishy and cute and make a funny noise when you poke them."-IH|"Live with it, or be a Llama." -artimies7|"Every time there is an awkward silence, somebody is thinking of Abraham Lincoln."-Xyzockie

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg275063#msg275063
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 02:14:54 am »

I did not understand what you meant by your "solution", can you please explain it in Human? XD

Also, since it would target the quanta pool, how in the name of <insert any desired name here> would Dagger, Sword, Hammer, Bow and Shield help?
His solution was to target a card on the field instead of the quanta pool.

Personally I don't know if this fix would be as useful as the way it is now, however.  The coding is an issue though; no spell targets a single element in the player's quanta pool directly.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

QuantumT

Re: Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg275065#msg275065
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 02:22:33 am »
Note that the only reason the quanta pool is being targeted is as a selection device.

I really don't want it to have to target a card that you have, because then it can no longer be used to generate quanta that you only use for abilities.

Is the target being small really that big of an issue?

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg275074#msg275074
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 02:33:11 am »
I love this idea.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg275075#msg275075
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 02:33:27 am »
Note that the only reason the quanta pool is being targeted is as a selection device.

I really don't want it to have to target a card that you have, because then it can no longer be used to generate quanta that you only use for abilities.

Is the target being small really that big of an issue?
No, targeting the quanta pools is fine and fit the card better.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg275078#msg275078
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 02:40:48 am »
I love this idea.
^^This. Targetting the quanta pool shouldn't be more of a problem than targetting the cards of your hand (they aren't that big... they are actually too small)

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg275080#msg275080
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 02:43:24 am »
Alright it was just a possible suggestion. Either way it is still very helpful to multiquanta decks.
Actually, instead of having the giant magical targeting reticule appear over the quanta pools, they could highlighted instead like the cards in your hand when they can be played/ have to be discarded.

Agroagro

Re: Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg275198#msg275198
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 05:40:49 am »
The game definitely needs something like this. good job. This version seems fairly priced.

Offline Seraph

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Seraph is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Quantum Harmonizer | Quantum Harmonizer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21493.msg275364#msg275364
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 02:36:26 pm »
This counts as a normal card, right? maximum 6?

blarg: