*Author

Offline pikachufan2164Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg273196#msg273196
« on: February 18, 2011, 12:04:49 pm »
NAME:
Telekinesis
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
2 :aether
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Move target creature to target empty creature slot on the same side of the field.
NAME:
Psychokinesis
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
1 :aether
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Move target creature to target empty creature slot on the same side of the field.
ART:
Stock image by Didi90 (http://www.sxc.hu/photo/852345), image manipulated by Ajit
IDEA:
pikachufan2164
NOTES:
A weird niche card that's right up Aether's alley. Being able to micromanage creatures is fun.

Need a large creature to go past Bone Wall? Move it to a later slot. Want to EM with an Antimattered creature? Move it back.

Also combos with Flooding. (Note that Shockwave + Freeze effects is allowable insta-kill because it's a two-card combo, and only Freeze is available on a stick. This is also true for Telekinesis + Flooding -- you can only have 6 copies of Telekinesis.)

Changes
- Removed "draw a card" effect, reduced cost to 2 :aether | 1 :aether
- Cleared up ambiguous wording

Misc.
- Added new card art made by Ajit :D
SERIES:
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg273199#msg273199
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 12:39:27 pm »
Does it move the creature to (a) the next empty slot, (b) a random empty slot or (c) a slot selected by the player (via the mean of the red target tool) ?

• Legendary Member
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg273205#msg273205
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 12:50:40 pm »
Does it move the creature to (a) the next empty slot, (b) a random empty slot or (c) a slot selected by the player (via the mean of the red target tool) ?
It gets moved to a targeted empty slot.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg273210#msg273210
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 12:56:42 pm »
Creative, creative.
Maybe lower cost by one :aether on each?
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg273212#msg273212
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:58:56 pm »
Option (c), then. That is the more effective one. I would get rid of the draw a card thing (belongs to much to time) and lower the cost to 1 :aether | 1  :rainbow .

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg273214#msg273214
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 01:02:53 pm »
I agree with SnoWeb. Very interesting card. I just think it will be more useful in the future when(if) there are more cards that affect the field.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg273215#msg273215
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 01:05:31 pm »
I might make a "field effect" series.  Maybe.

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg273236#msg273236
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 02:20:41 pm »
It gets moved to a targeted empty slot.
Is that double targetting? :o

Also, I like the way it buffs Flooding :D
Draw a card could be changed to damaging the target creature, even though aether has enough CC for a while with thunderbolt.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg273256#msg273256
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 03:25:34 pm »
Really liking the card, not really liking the card art. The hands are too... human.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

• Legendary Member
  • Phase in, phase out.
Re: Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg273323#msg273323
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 06:10:18 pm »
Updated the OP with a clearer card effect description, and balance changes. Maybe Crucible-ready?

Creative, creative.
Maybe lower cost by one :aether on each?
Option (c), then. That is the more effective one. I would get rid of the draw a card thing (belongs to much to time) and lower the cost to 1 :aether | 1  :rainbow .
I decided to do a bit of both -- lowered costs by 1 for each, but removed "draw a card." As SnoWeb said, drawing cards is a mechanic for Time, and changing the upped version to generic quanta doesn't really thematically fit with Aether's exclusive control over the mind (see Mind Flayer, Lobotomizer, and Mindgate).

I agree with SnoWeb. Very interesting card. I just think it will be more useful in the future when(if) there are more cards that affect the field.
Right now, I see three cards interacting with this one: Antimatter, Bone Wall, and Flooding. The beauty of this is that it can be utilized both when you're using one of those and when you're facing it. :)

Though, yes, field control would be a nifty mechanic to consider in the future.

Is that double targetting? :o

Also, I like the way it buffs Flooding :D
Draw a card could be changed to damaging the target creature, even though aether has enough CC for a while with thunderbolt.
Oh yes it is >:D

Yep, it goes nicely with Flooding, without putting both cards in OP territory.

Really liking the card, not really liking the card art. The hands are too... human.
They sort of break the fantasy aspect of Elements, don't they? D:

The art can be fixed later, though -- maybe one of the awesome artists in the community will be kind enough to make an illustration for it if it ever reaches the Forge ^_^

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg274244#msg274244
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 11:37:39 pm »
Please fix the COST section on your table.
3 :aether should be 2 :aether (in the first column)
2 :aether should be 1 :aether (in the second column)
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

• Legendary Member
  • Phase in, phase out.
Re: Telekinesis | Psychokinesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21370.msg274269#msg274269
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 12:34:58 am »
Please fix the COST section on your table.
3 :aether should be 2 :aether (in the first column)
2 :aether should be 1 :aether (in the second column)
Done; thanks for reminding me :3

(Forgot to change those earlier D:)

Level 2 Magic Judge.

blarg: