*Author

Offline ~NapalmTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Ray of Lulz / Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg220868#msg220868
« on: December 10, 2010, 07:04:22 am »
Somebody was bound to do this eventually. I've been goofing off with this for a little while.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Deck Helper comment: 
This deck was posted before the 1.32 game update and as a result no longer functions correctly.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5lk 5lk 5lk 6qq 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k5 7k5 808 808 808 808 80e 80e 80e 80i 80i 80i 80i 81q 81q 81q 81q 8pu

Ooooooooookay.... I think I'll revisit this deck now that it's not a Beta Deck anymore. And it's a very viable strategy.

I've been noticing several very awesome pluses about using Crusaders over Angels or Dragons. Speedwise, it's somewhere between the two. But... You have a lot more options with it. For Anti Miracle, you have to keep the majority of your Crusaders unendowed until the opportune moment hits. In a similar manner, you can set yourself up for an EM provided you have the needed SoG's and Electrocutor in play.

Also, with the new AI buff, RoL's have a very high priority rating, greater than anything else when Hope is in play. This allows you (most of the time) to drop Crusaders in safety. Then in turn, Endowing a weapon makes the AI suddenly target the Crusaders over the RoL's, allowing shields to remain in place. I'm not sure if this is only certain weapons, but I know for certain that Endowing an Eagles Eye has 100% of the time caused all CC to be focused on the Crusader until it is no longer a threat.

I can go on for a while about the benefits, but frankly, I'm not a FG farmer and I'm not in the mood. I'm just sharing my findings after about 30 mins of pure ownage.

Like Marisa before me, I started using a full speed deck for this instead, exact same balance as hers actually. Got sick of being 1 card short of the combo all the time... 3 Hope in 31 cards? What the @#$% was I thinking.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k4 7k4 7k4 7k4 7k5 7k5 808 808 808 808 808 80e 80e 80e 80i 80i 80i 80i 80i 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 8pu
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:15:22 am by willng3 »
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Krahhl

Re: Ray of Lolz / Hope ; Stop Thief! (Crusader - Duo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg220874#msg220874
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 07:33:24 am »
Adding a few SoR's will make it a tad unwieldy, but can make such things as 230 dmg in 1 turn possible.
How is this? SoR reduces the cost to 0, but does not allow a creature to use its skill multiple times in a turn. I don't see how it increases the damage any more than simply having enough light quanta.

• ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Ray of Lolz / Hope ; Stop Thief! (Crusader - Duo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg220877#msg220877
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 07:37:40 am »
Adding a few SoR's will make it a tad unwieldy, but can make such things as 230 dmg in 1 turn possible.
How is this? SoR reduces the cost to 0, but does not allow a creature to use its skill multiple times in a turn. I don't see how it increases the damage any more than simply having enough light quanta.
You can steal an Eagles Eye, Cast SoR on it so it's ability becomes usabe, kill all off all of your Ray of Lights, and replace them with Crusaders. Now, at this point, you've proabably killed Fire Queen or Neptune... but it's still fun to think about ;)
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Krahhl

Re: Ray of Lolz / Hope ; Stop Thief! (Crusader - Duo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg220887#msg220887
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 07:48:38 am »
That is so unnecessary and I could point out so many practical issues, but eh. If games are about having fun, there's no reason for Elements not to be.

Re: Ray of Lolz / Hope ; Stop Thief! (Crusader - Duo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg220903#msg220903
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 08:36:06 am »
lol, I'm sure having fun with it :P I will surely switch to some version of this, with or without the nerf, after Crusader hits the battlefield. This card is so win... it doesn't even realize there is any other card in existance.

That's just cuz it's so far above anything else, cept a Phoenix, which is just as far above it :))

Re: Ray of Lulz / Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg291081#msg291081
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 05:41:13 pm »
Ok, I'm going to bump this. At first, this was never intended to be a serious FG farmer deck, more for the fun of it. But I've tweaked it a little bit and suddenly, It has some major success (Such as EMing Rainbow and Neptune). All you RoL Farmers, go ahead and try it out. See if this is better than your normal variations of RoL Hope.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Ray of Lulz / Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg291108#msg291108
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 06:01:02 pm »
Somebody was bound to do this eventually. I've been goofing off with this for a little while.
Code: [Select]
5lk 5lk 5lk 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k5 7k5 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80e 80e 80e 80i 80i 80i 80i 80i 6qqOoooooooookay.... I think I'll revisit this deck now that it's not a Beta Deck anymore. And it's a very viable strategy.

I've been noticing several very awesome pluses about using Crusaders over Angels or Dragons. Speedwise, it's somewhere between the two. But... You have a lot more options with it. For Anti Fractal, you have to keep the majority of your Crusaders unendowed until the opportune moment hits. In a similar manner, you can set yourself up for an EM provided you have the needed SoG's and Electrocutor in play.

Also, with the new AI buff, RoL's have a very high priority rating, greater than anything else when Hope is in play. This allows you (most of the time) to drop Crusaders in safety. Then in turn, Endowing a weapon makes the AI suddenly target the Crusaders over the RoL's, allowing shields to remain in place. I'm not sure if this is only certain weapons, but I know for certain that Endowing an Eagles Eye has 100% of the time caused all CC to be focused on the Crusader until it is no longer a threat.

I can go on for a while about the benefits, but frankly, I'm not a FG farmer and I'm not in the mood. I'm just sharing my findings after about 30 mins of pure ownage.
Know something, napalm? A week ago I built a deck like this. And with like, I mean identical. Without ever seeing this topic.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Ray of Lulz / Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg291157#msg291157
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 07:10:03 pm »
Dear Napalm,

I've been noticing several very awesome pluses about using Crusaders over Angels or Dragons. Speedwise, it's somewhere between the two. But... You have a lot more options with it. For Anti Fractal, you have to keep the majority of your Crusaders unendowed until the opportune moment hits. In a similar manner, you can set yourself up for an EM provided you have the needed SoG's and Electrocutor in play.
Fractal -> Miracle ?

w/ :fire,
majofa

Re: Ray of Lulz / Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg291177#msg291177
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 07:23:59 pm »
Oh Thx Majofa! Funny you should mention that. I noticed it when I posted it, went to fix it, fixed something else, and forgot to fix what I was going to fix in the first place. Fixed!

Re: Ray of Lulz / Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg291178#msg291178
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 07:24:49 pm »
Code: [Select]
5lk 5lk 5lk 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k5 7k5 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80e 80e 80e 80i 80i 80i 80i 80i 6qqOoooooooookay.... I think I'll revisit this deck now that it's not a Beta Deck anymore. And it's a very viable strategy.

Know something, napalm? A week ago I built a deck like this. And with like, I mean identical. Without ever seeing this topic.
Great Minds think alike? :))

Re: Ray of Lulz / Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg291187#msg291187
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 07:31:00 pm »
^^
more like opposite minds think alike...
water and fire...

edit: holy cow!!! masters of :fire and :water making :aether decks? (note they are my three favorite elements)

Falcon4415

Re: Ray of Lulz / Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17357.msg291328#msg291328
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 10:23:08 pm »
I liked Krathos' deck here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18334) (more exactly, the idea of Luci and SoR). Not awesomely stable, but yes awesomely fun with a little luck.
I also got schooled by him, but that's irrelevant ;)

blarg: