*Author

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216871#msg216871
« on: December 05, 2010, 02:15:35 am »
NAME:
Slow
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
3 :time
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
The opponent's creatures will
not attack on the turn they are
played.
NAME:
Delay
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
2 :time
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
The opponent's creatures will
not attack on the turn they are
played.

ART:
Emerald Tiger
IDEA:
Emerald Tiger, Old Trees and ArtCrusade
NOTES:
A stall card that has an exaggerated effect against some uses of Fractal
SERIES:
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216878#msg216878
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 02:26:22 am »
I know what it will look like. i am surprised no one has thought of this.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Retribution

Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216912#msg216912
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 03:26:23 am »
To make it more even I think it should affect your creatures, as well.

Also, played: "twin universe, deja vu" - do those count?

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216919#msg216919
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 03:31:28 am »
OP for its cost. either make it affect both creatures(like sundial) or raise the cost
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216923#msg216923
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 03:36:11 am »
As of now it does not affect
Twin Universe (Spell)
Deja Vu (Skill)
Queen (Skill)
Scarab (Skill)
Evolve (Skill)
Hatch (Skill)
Mutate (Skill)

Do you think it should block some/all of these back doors or should these be means of bypassing it?

The reason it is one sided is because Time should be able to manipulate speed to make it faster. It currently does this by slowing down the opponent's creatures. I think it will be fine as a one sided effect. After all the effect doesn't stack (sundial does) so it would create dead draws or need luck.

My reasoning for it costing 3|2 one sided.
Sundial costs 1|0 :time to block 1 turns worth of enemy and allied creature attacks.
This costs 3|2 :time to block 1 turns worth of enemy creature attacks.
The one sided effect is three times the cost of the two sided effect.
Do you still think it is OP?

"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline TheCrazyMango

• TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216926#msg216926
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 03:40:20 am »
As of now it does not affect
Twin Universe (Spell)
Deja Vu (Skill)
Queen (Skill)
Scarab (Skill)
Evolve (Skill)
Hatch (Skill)
Mutate (Skill)

Do you think it should block some/all of these back doors or should these be means of bypassing it?

The reason it is one sided is because Time should be able to manipulate speed to make it faster. It currently does this by slowing down the opponent's creatures. I think it will be fine as a one sided effect. After all the effect doesn't stack (sundial does) so it would create dead draws or need luck.

My reasoning for it costing 3|2 one sided.
Sundial costs 1|0 :time to block 1 turns worth of enemy and allied creature attacks.
This costs 3|2 :time to block 1 turns worth of enemy creature attacks.
The one sided effect is three times the cost of the two sided effect.
Do you still think it is OP?
sundial stacks? define stacking.
and this card also lasts forever, which should increase the cost.
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

• Legendary Member
Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216931#msg216931
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 03:44:44 am »
Each sundial blocks 1 turn of creatures
This blocks each creature once. Its permanent duration is what allows it to block 1 turn of creatures.
If you think it needs a cost increase, how much?

Offline TheCrazyMango

Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216933#msg216933
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 03:46:16 am »
ive been playing t50 lately and in timebows im pretty sure it does not stack. the ai plays 2 sundials, then both disappear at the same time. i could be wrong though. im gonna go find out though.
maybe increase the cost to 4 unupped and 3 upped

• Legendary Member
Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216937#msg216937
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 03:50:44 am »
You can stagger sundials you cannot stagger Slow|Delay.

Offline TheCrazyMango

Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216943#msg216943
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 03:55:23 am »
staggering and stacking are two totally different things

• Legendary Member
Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216946#msg216946
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 03:58:42 am »
6 staggered Sundials block 6 turns (each additional card creating an additional effect is what I mean by stacking)
6 Slows are a waste of quanta and only block 1 turn

Offline TheCrazyMango

Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg216947#msg216947
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 04:00:50 am »
6 staggered Sundials block 6 turns (each additional card creating an additional effect is what I mean by stacking)
6 Slows are a waste of quanta and only block 1 turn
by stacking a assumed you meant all at once and then they stacked

anything
blarg: