*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215108#msg215108
« on: December 02, 2010, 06:48:19 pm »
by kev
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52q 590 590 590 590 590 5c1 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 8pm

Through 50 games, 50-0, ttw=6.92.  Bad news though: it requires more thought to play than a typical AI3 "speed" grinder.  For instance...

Sample starting hand 1: 1x nova, 1x photon, 3x phoenix, 3x immo... What do you do?Immo the first phoenix but not the second one (i.e. end your turn holding one immo and one phoenix).  The only way to rebirth a phoenix in this deck is to draw a nova.  Get out damage as fast as you can but try to leave yourself an out.  If you draw a photon next turn you'll be happy you didn't empty your hand needlessly.Sample starting hand 2: 1x grabby, 1x photon, 3x phoenix, 3x immo... What do you do?Immo the ash and dump your hand on the board.  The only way you would get all three phoenixes in play is to draw two novas, but you'll have won 11 turns before that.  :)  Playing three immos also allows you to get the grabby out one turn earlier.Sample starting hand 3: 1x grabby, 2x nova, 2x phoenix, 2x immo, 1x lycan... What do you do?This one might be a little obvious.  Immoing the lycan will get you 22 damage on turn 2.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:01:40 pm by willng3 »

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215116#msg215116
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 07:10:30 pm »
great deck kev :) 

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215119#msg215119
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 07:13:48 pm »
Dibs for testing :)
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

lukce

Re: Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215145#msg215145
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 08:20:34 pm »
Nice....I use this type of deck for AI3...or even Top50

Offline thatnewguy

• Reputation Power: 15
  • thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
Re: Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215152#msg215152
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 08:43:10 pm »
For this deck completely upped would you need to upgrade everything but pheonix? or would you up the pheonix too?
Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215160#msg215160
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 08:58:23 pm »
For this deck completely upped would you need to upgrade everything but pheonix? or would you up the pheonix too?
I haven't used it upped at all as my goal was to find the lowest ttw possible among unupped decks.

If you want to try it with upped cards, don't up phoenixes or novas.  There's no real point in upping the lycan or photons, and I might leave the spirit unupped as well to make sure you get it out as it's sometimes used as immo fodder.  Upping the grabbys, arsenic, and immos means you'll sometimes do a couple extra damage per turn and you'll sometimes be able to immo a phoenix whereas before you'd have to wait for a nova.

But this isn't really going to be a super fast and awesome upped deck; a lot of better options exist.

Offline thatnewguy

• Reputation Power: 15
  • thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
Re: Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215161#msg215161
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 09:02:14 pm »
Ahh i'm just looking for something fun to play and different from typical speedbow, golem rush and thought this might work. Thanks tho.
Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215178#msg215178
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 09:34:29 pm »
50 Games completed, comparisons can be made:

Games (AI3):   50
avg. Sec/Game:   70.560
Sec/Turn:   10.08
Clicks/Game:   16.700
Clicks/Turn:   2.385714286
Score/Min:   13.26530612
Electrum/Min:   13.35034014

Time overall (min.):   58.800
Wins:   47
Ems:   1
Losses:   3
Score:   780
Electrum:   785
Avg ttw:   6.809

ttw Details:   
ttw 3:   0
ttw 4:   0
ttw 5:   6
ttw 6:   15
ttw 7:   14
ttw 8:   8
ttw 9:   2
ttw 10:   2
ttw 11:   0
ttw 12:   0
ttw 13:   0
ttw 14:   0
ttw 15:   0
ttw 16:   0

Just from playing 50 games, I like this deck a lot.  It's pretty darn consistent and less prone to CC than most AI3 grinders are.  I felt like I hit the :time elders about 30 times while playing this though; Reverse Time is absolutely brutal.

kev's tips are really helpful for this deck.  I always run about 50 duels before ttwing any deck just to get a good feel for it, and there were numerous occasions where those bits of strategy came into play.  Something else I will add:  if your opponent gets out an early OE, I strongly advise keeping any Graboids unevolved until you can deliver a kill by evolving them.  Though occasionally the AI will target a different creature before moving on to the Shrieker, this is not something you want to risk.  Moving on to 200 duels now, I look forward to seeing the end result here :)
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215185#msg215185
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 09:55:53 pm »
50 Games completed, comparisons can be made:

Games (AI3):   50
avg. Sec/Game:   70.560
Sec/Turn:   10.08
Clicks/Game:   16.700
Clicks/Turn:   2.385714286
Score/Min:   13.26530612
Electrum/Min:   13.35034014

Time overall (min.):   58.800
Wins:   47
Ems:   1
Losses:   3
Score:   780
Electrum:   785
Avg ttw:   6.809

ttw Details:   
ttw 3:   0
ttw 4:   0
ttw 5:   6
ttw 6:   15
ttw 7:   14
ttw 8:   8
ttw 9:   2
ttw 10:   2
ttw 11:   0
ttw 12:   0
ttw 13:   0
ttw 14:   0
ttw 15:   0
ttw 16:   0

Just from playing 50 games, I like this deck a lot.  It's pretty darn consistent and less prone to CC than most AI3 grinders are.  I felt like I hit the :time elders about 30 times while playing this though; Reverse Time is absolutely brutal.

kev's tips are really helpful for this deck.  I always run about 50 duels before ttwing any deck just to get a good feel for it, and there were numerous occasions where those bits of strategy came into play.  Something else I will add:  if your opponent gets out an early OE, I strongly advise keeping any Graboids unevolved until you can deliver a kill by evolving them.  Though occasionally the AI will target a different creature before moving on to the Shrieker, this is not something you want to risk.  Moving on to 200 duels now, I look forward to seeing the end result here :)
I believe that's faster than PoldeR's deck.

kobisjeruk

Re: Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215276#msg215276
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 11:44:15 pm »
if upgraded, it would be better to switch to Giant Frog instead of using forest spirit/spectre

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215285#msg215285
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 11:51:55 pm »
Would this be faster with sparks?

Re: Grabbix https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16828.msg215315#msg215315
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 12:29:05 am »
Does this really need the Immolations upped? It's not like Lava Golem, where 2 immolates give you 2 golems, but 2 cremates give you 3. The only way this would pay off is if you managed to get 4 cremates, you'd be able to play 5 phoenixes, and the chance of that is so low anyways. Otherwise cremate=immolate because no fire mark.

blarg: kev