*Author

edxju

Burning Colors (Top 50) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12292.msg153481#msg153481
« on: September 06, 2010, 09:10:13 pm »
 :water :time :light :life :gravity :fireBurning Colors  :aether :air :darkness :death :earth :entropy

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6u1 74e 7ae 7di 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7gl 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7n0 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7tb 8ps

This is a deck that requires absolutely no pillars or towers. Because there are no pillars needed, there will not be a several turns needed to generate the necessary quantums, making this deck perhaps the speediest grind deck. Opposed to the fire-rush deck, the variety of different elements in this deck enhances the efficiency and consistency of this deck. Now, I won't go saying that this is the best deck out there, but it's definitely a very fun deck to play! Many of these cards are incorporated in other FG decks, so this deck is more convenient to buy, when compared to other decks requiring multiple pillars (shrieker rush, fire rush, etc.) Bottom line is, this deck is a fast and fun deck to play!

Card Breakdown

Nova: Generates a quick explosion of seemingly useless 1 quantum for all elements. Wait! 1 quanta is all you need to play that precognition that pulls out another nova, which gives you enough quanta to play that giant frog, vampire dagger, physalia, ect.

Werewolf: A cheap 2  :entropy card that be used for cremation, or preferably evolved into a powerful 6-hit monster.

Graviton Firemaster: Only costing 1  :gravity , this card could also be used for cremation, or as a growing creature eating the abundant resource of 1  :fire

Giant Frog: 2  :life for 5 damage, that is an amazing deal. This card is great because it could come out so early and deal an ouchie 5 damage. In most cases, you wouldn't want to cremate this beaut'.

Ruby Dragon: 12  :fire, wow that's a demanding price. However, with 5 cremates and plenty of "sacrifices", the price is affordable, especially for the shattering damage of 15. (I just love the sound of when 15 damage hits)  :P

Cremation: These are your "pillars" for your deck. They not only provide 9  :fire , but they also give 1 quantum for each element! This card is very flexible, such as in situations where your dragon may be antimattered, cremating it would be the best option. (duh!)

Lava Destroyers: These guys are the teeth to your jaw. With three of them scattered throughout the deck, drawing one is quite likely, especially with the help of precognitions. Although you can't grow every singe turn because  :earth would eventually run out, just 1 or 2 growths is sufficient to keep it healthy. The opponent is most likely gonna be dead by the 2nd or 3rd growth of this baby, anyways.   :))

Physalias: Another potential sacrifice card, but it's pesky poison can rack up some damage. Now, poison is a bit special because it sticks to the opponent even if this jellyfish dies. (unless they purify)

Ray of Light: (RoL's), your main source of food for your cremates. Free to play, simple as that. Though, if you can't benefit from the quantums received by cremating this card, don't cremate it! Just let it do it's 1 damage. Who knows?, perhaps that 1 damage could decide whether or not you win. Who knows. *Not necessary to upgrade*

Improved Fog : This shield is amazing for its price. 1  :air for a 40% chance of an enemy to miss. That's a no brainer, this cards a must  :P

Precognition: This is the engine to your car, the bounce of a ball. Having 6 of these babies will allow you to flip through your deck and play your cards like mad. Not to mention, the ability of seeing your opponent's deck is an amazing opportunity, so don't forget to take that peek! This card is the reason your mark is time.

Vampire Dagger: Another fantastico card. 2 :darkness for 6 damage. Um, wowie. Didn't think Giant Frog's price-to-damage-ratio could be topped. Oh wait, it also heals you for whatever it hits. Ya, for a deck this compact, there just ain't no room for those Shards of Gratitudes. Here's your shard of gratitude! 

Statistics

Win/Loss= 71/29, 71%
Turns to win (TTW) of 6.775
16 Elemental Masteries
Points gained: 1611
Electrum gained: 2196

*ScaredGirl first created this deck, it was designed as a non-upped elder deck. I swapped some cards and upgraded the cards to make it a speedy top-50 grind deck.

Please comment! Let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:50:37 am by willng3 »

kobisjeruk

Re: Burning Colors (Top 50) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12292.msg153697#msg153697
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:15:39 am »
some explosion/deflags would really help because T50 is packed full of pemanents worth destroying *cough*SoGs*cough*

wavedash

Re: Burning Colors (Top 50) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12292.msg153707#msg153707
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 03:31:23 am »
Either two Explosions or one each of Explosion and Improved Steal, maybe.

Sal

Re: Burning Colors (Top 50) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12292.msg153862#msg153862
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 11:44:04 am »

Take a look at KOTH (slowly finding the best T50 deck) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,11882.0.html) and compare it. You gave a run down of why the cards are in there but didnĀ“t say anything about its "qualities" (winratio/turn to win etc).
How come its the "Guaranteed Best Top-50 Deck" mentioned in the title ?

zse

Re: Burning Colors (Top 50) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12292.msg153889#msg153889
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 01:40:23 pm »
I'm sorry to tell you this, but there has been lots and lots of "0-Pillar Cremation Lava-Destroyer" decks around for long time. And to me this one looks pretty good, but yet not that perfect version.

Problems you have here:
1) Only 5 RoLs, +2 small creatures you can play after Nova, to Cremate. That means that you'll get "bad draws" when you won't get any creature to table on first 5 rounds and lose to that. And by "bad draw" I mean "bad deck-building leading to inconsistent results".
2) If T50 deck plays this on turn 1

you wont be playing precogs anytime soon.
3) If T50 deck plays this

and you haven't boosted LavaD. big enough, you're in BIG trouble...

Sorry about it if I made you feel bad, but using words "Guaranteed Best" on topic name just makes me  >:( and >:D !

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Burning Colors (Top 50) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12292.msg154221#msg154221
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 02:03:45 am »
Some good elements to this deck, and much of what has been posted previously I agree with.  A few thoughts:

=Explosion(s) (or maybe steal) would be a welcome addition here for those pesky permanents
=Don't be too wedded to the need for a 30 card deck--your precognitions will speed through the deck.
=This one's nitpicky, but....RoL is a bit over the top since you don't use any :light in the deck, so they're just an unnecessary expense.
Bring back Holy Cow!

edxju

Re: Burning Colors (Top 50) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12292.msg154307#msg154307
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 04:53:16 am »
Thanks for the comments guys. Here's just a few things i'd like to point out:

Firebuckler: Simply can't kill off the creatures before the creatures kill them. Even if it does, i got much more creatures to come out, and fast.

Pest: even if it takes a time quantum early in the beginning, i got so many cards that immediately generate  :time. cremates and novas. In this small deck, high chances they'll be there.

RoL's: Sorry, i forgot to mention! I was going to edit saying that i got those from false gods and just put them in cause i hadn't sold them... Your right, its totally not even needed!  :))

--
and about the title, "Guaranteed best", i gotta admit, that was cocky and obnoxious of me, but what can i say! i was just so excited to share this deck with you guys. I really think it surpasses the other top 50 decks i've tested. My bad my bad on that one haha, but please, try out this deck on trainer and tell me if that changes your mind on anything.

--

Win ratio, out of 100 games i've played, i won about 90 of them. The ones i lost were just unbelievable horrible draws (which hardly happens) or the Phase shield decks (those are the permas that i can't break through quite easily. I still wouldn't include perma control cards because it would lower my overall win rate. Most cases, the speed of the deck finishes the opponent before their permas take real defense.

zse

Re: Burning Colors (Top 50) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12292.msg154328#msg154328
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 06:27:38 am »
I really think it surpasses the other top 50 decks i've tested. My bad my bad on that one haha, but please, try out this deck on trainer and tell me if that changes your mind on anything.

Win ratio, out of 100 games i've played, i won about 90 of them. The ones i lost were just unbelievable horrible draws (which hardly happens) or the Phase shield decks (those are the permas that i can't break through quite easily. I still wouldn't include perma control cards because it would lower my overall win rate. Most cases, the speed of the deck finishes the opponent before their permas take real defense.
I did test this on trainer T50 for 5 games and it did change my mind, my results
Game 1) RoL-Hope. Lost to Hope shield with 15 RoLs on table at the end. Opponent had 63 life at the end.
Game 2) Farm. Nothing to see here - I quit.
Game 3) 60-card  :entropy control-bow. Lost (I quit with no creatures on table) to Fire Shield + Otyugh + Purple Nymph.
Game 4) 30-card  :entropy speed-bow. Lost to faster rush. Opponent had 37 life at the end.
Game 5) 35-card  :entropy control-bow. Lost to Ice Shield + SoG + I.Antimatter. Opponent had ~100 life at the end.

So in conclusion this deck is really REALLY much worse than I first thought.

And do remember: Horrible Draws = Bad Deckbuilding

PS. I did know that '0-pillar Lava Golem' deck was old, but I didn't know it was really ancient stuff. A deck named 'No-Land Stompy (http://elementsthegame.wikia.com/index.php?title=No-Land_Stompy&oldid=5419)' was first time posted to the OLD wiki-page at August 16, 2009! :o

edxju

Re: Burning Colors (Top 50) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12292.msg154764#msg154764
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 09:59:16 pm »
I really think it surpasses the other top 50 decks i've tested. My bad my bad on that one haha, but please, try out this deck on trainer and tell me if that changes your mind on anything.

I did test this on trainer T50 for 5 games and it did change my mind, my results
Game 1) RoL-Hope. Lost to Hope shield with 15 RoLs on table at the end. Opponent had 63 life at the end.
Game 2) Farm. Nothing to see here - I quit.
Game 3) 60-card  :entropy control-bow. Lost (I quit with no creatures on table) to Fire Shield + Otyugh + Purple Nymph.
Game 4) 30-card  :entropy speed-bow. Lost to faster rush. Opponent had 37 life at the end.
Game 5) 35-card  :entropy control-bow. Lost to Ice Shield + SoG + I.Antimatter. Opponent had ~100 life at the end.

So in conclusion this deck is really REALLY much worse than I first thought.

And do remember: Horrible Draws = Bad Deckbuilding

PS. I did know that '0-pillar Lava Golem' deck was old, but I didn't know it was really ancient stuff. A deck named 'No-Land Stompy (http://elementsthegame.wikia.com/index.php?title=No-Land_Stompy&oldid=5419)' was first time posted to the OLD wiki-page at August 16, 2009! :o
I can't believe it lost 5 times in a row for you though, that's what surprising for me. I've been using this deck against top 50 for about a week now, over 100 games for sure, and i have never lost 5 times in a row. Winning rate is close to 90% for me. Anyways, thanks for your critiques, i'll try finding a way to improve the deck. But just for the record, maybe you didn't play the deck to its best potential

zse

Re: Burning Colors (Top 50) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12292.msg155024#msg155024
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 06:37:50 am »
I can't believe it lost 5 times in a row for you though, that's what surprising for me. I've been using this deck against top 50 for about a week now, over 100 games for sure, and i have never lost 5 times in a row. Winning rate is close to 90% for me. Anyways, thanks for your critiques, i'll try finding a way to improve the deck. But just for the record, maybe you didn't play the deck to its best potential
Well technically I lost only 4/5, I quit the farm deck that wasn't doing anything but playing wrong type of lands. I do admit that I got really bad match-ups, maybe even the very worst ones.

And just for the record, I have played Elements for some 6000 games and >1000 with all kinds of rush decks. So I really think that my playing abilities weren't the reason for such a poor performance. 0-Land-Cremation-Rainbow-Rush was actually the 3rd deck I used a lot when I started to play (Shrieker Rush was the very 1st, and 2nd was Non-upped FG-Rainbow by Scaredgirl).

blarg: