*Author

Offline karisTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Old to Elements
Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg131903#msg131903
« on: August 05, 2010, 06:57:01 pm »
NAME:
Asmodius
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
9 :water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
6|6
ABILITY:
:entropy :entropy :entropy : Relief
The target creature gain random buff between +5 and -5 to it attack|hp. Can be used multiple time.
NAME:
Asmodius
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
9 :water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
7|7
ABILITY:
:entropy :entropy : Relief
The target creature gain random buff between +5 and -5 to it attack|hp. Can be used multiple time.
ART:
http://www.arcana.in.th/all_img_2007/dl/wallpaper/folktales/15052.jpg
IDEA:
karis
NOTES:
she is two edge sword.  if it great  she can release your creature ability and make it better and better in only 1 turn,  but if it be bad she can hold that thing til it die.
SERIES:
Seven Deadly Sins

bigbadbanana

Re: Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg131909#msg131909
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:10:39 pm »
Explain why I would want this in my deck.

• karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Old to Elements
Re: Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg131922#msg131922
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:30:40 pm »
so many people keep mutation (or fallen) in his deck even it can make a bad thing to your creature  why he don't want this thing?

and what is your deck?   :D

if your deck is mono  then discard this card from your mind.

but if you use deck that have so much entrophy to use, strong creature or mass creature with less power  this card can help you.

water and entrophy have some creature that has hp enough to try this ability on it,  or even you make it -x attack on your creature, you still can use anti matter on it (and in the same way with your enemy creature)

sound more interest?   ^-^

guolin

Re: Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg131930#msg131930
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 07:46:22 pm »
Sorry, not really. If used enough times, it will, on average, make absolutely no statistical difference to attack and hp (meaning, if your creature doesn't die, your attack and hp probably won't change much at all after multiple uses). You also run the risk of your creature being killed at some point. On top of all that, you waste 3 whopping :entropy. If you have enough excess :entropy to use this ability multiple times...well, you have waaaaayyy too many pillars.

There's a huge difference between this guy and fallen elf/mutation. Mutation has a large chance to work in your favor. (while this is exactly 50/50 - even if you gain some, you'll probably lose that same amount) If you use it on your enemy's, say, 12|12 Light Dragon, you have a high collective chance of either turning into an abomination (5|5, which is much weaker), killing it, or making it a weak mutant. If you use it on your own, say, 1|1 Photon, you have a high collective chance of either making it a more powerful abomination (5|5, which is quite a bit stronger) or making it a strong mutant. Either way, Mutation can work in your favor, while this card statistically does nothing over time but drain your poor :entropy that could be used for Dissipation Shield.

Also, I don't like the name - it seems to be a character in a religion, and it doesn't have a different meaning like, say, Crusade does.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg132117#msg132117
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 01:28:54 am »
You should try to make the card description flow a little bit easier:

"The target creature gain random buff between +5 and -5 to it attack|hp. Can be used multiple time."

...can also be changed to:

"The target creature gains a random buff between +5 & -5 to its Attack & HP. Can be used multiple times."

Highlighted/bold parts are just suggestions. ;)

This idea is okay, but as others have pointed out, the stat boosts make it a little unreliable for a duo combo between Water and Entropy. If you could, perhaps the upped version could remove the negative benefits of the ability, thus making it a reliable form of buffing (as long as you had enough :entropy quanta or a Shard of Readiness).

• Old to Elements
Re: Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg132219#msg132219
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 04:58:24 am »
argh..   if that's this card problem  it'll very hard to fix it.   it's not to much cost to use it skill  but because of it skill don't have anything sure to use  right?

what if i change it to...

buff your creature between +5 and +0 or debuff your opponent creature between -5 and -0?   are this will be better?

and that name?   what should i use huh?    i wanna make seven deadly sin    and it already have a demon in it sin.   why don't i use it?

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg132289#msg132289
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 08:11:25 am »
argh..   if that's this card problem  it'll very hard to fix it.   it's not to much cost to use it skill  but because of it skill don't have anything sure to use  right?

what if i change it to...

buff your creature between +5 and +0 or debuff your opponent creature between -5 and -0?   are this will be better?

and that name?   what should i use huh?    i wanna make seven deadly sin    and it already have a demon in it sin.   why don't i use it?
The potential +5|+5 to an ally creature & -5|-5 to an enemy creature mimics Rage potion a little bit, but because it's random, I guess it's okay. Again though - you're still going to have to figure out to fit that text onto the card, but if you go down that route, here's an idea:

"Causes an ally creature to gain or an enemy creature to lose +X|+X, where X is between 0 and 5."

With this, you can remove the 'multiple' uses effect to prevent it from being exploitable. :) As for the name, I'm not sure, but what sin is this monster supposed to represent? Lust? Pride? Wrath?

• Old to Elements
Re: Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg132828#msg132828
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 04:06:59 am »
this one is lust   ^-^

want more suggestion please   ;)

• Old to Elements
Re: Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg132995#msg132995
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 03:00:13 pm »
ah....  what about i'm change her status and her skill to be 'take control your opponent creature with x% change til your opponent end turn, can use multiple time'  huh?

it's look more lust than now ability?

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
Re: Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg133446#msg133446
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 05:26:51 am »
Ah....  what about changing her status and her skill to be: "Take control of your opponent's creature with an X% chance til your opponent ends their turn; can use multiple times"  huh?

it's look more lust than now ability?
A temptation ability does fit the idea of Lust better, but there are several cards that have been mentioned before (both in and out of the crucible) that follow the idea of 'taking a creature' for your own benefit. Using it multiple times seems pretty devastating against a rush, which is probably not something you'd want to have. Even with a high skill cost, Shard of Readiness removes the quanta cost for the creature's ability, meaning that any creature can be taken for free. With multiple uses in a turn, the opponent would only be safe if they played immortal creatures, which seems unfair.

Here's a few questions that I want to add:

-What's more important to you? The 'theme' of the creature's ability, or simply the mechanic of the creature's ability in relation to the idea of 'Lust'?
-Do you really need to have an ability that can be used multiple times?
-What other ideas can be thought of that require both :water and :entropy to work in the case of this card?
-What other creatures are popular with the idea of Lust?

:)

• Old to Elements
Re: Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg133461#msg133461
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 05:45:39 am »
don't sure about it  but for my 7 sins   unique of the lust is 'multiple time'   that why i don't get it out.   and when she have it  SoR can't use it all ability. (i mean,  if you use it  it can use multiple time only one time)

- um...  are that thing different?  i don't good in english at all  that make me hard to think about it  but if i must choose   i'll choose 2
- really   or until i find new ability that don't make sheself imbalance with SoR
- i don't sure...   water is support and entrophy is random   first of all i'm think about support that can use to every one
- really have it?   ah....   i ever seen two thing that use lust (correct is 7 sins) theme in it   one is Lust from FMA  and other one is Lust from DMC3   and i'm don't think it's suit this card....   ^-^

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Asmodius | Asmodius https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10705.msg133645#msg133645
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 01:48:09 pm »
Even with a high skill cost, Shard of Readiness removes the quanta cost for the creature's ability, meaning that any creature can be taken for free. With multiple uses in a turn, the opponent would only be safe if they played immortal creatures, which seems unfair.
Zanz already solved this problem.
SoR + Rustler = only one use per turn

As for the card, I guess it would work best if you give different probabilities:

Eg:
Used on an ally:
+5 - 5%
+4 - 10%
+3 - 20%
+2 - 20%
+1 - 15%
-1 - 15%
-2 - 10%
-3 - 5%

Used on an opponent:
-5 - 5%
-4 - 10%
-3 - 20%
-2 - 20%
-1 - 15%
+1 - 15%
+2 - 10%
+3 - 5%

Then write the ability description like this:
Relief:
Target creature's stats are randomly changed, usually for your advantage, but not always. Can be used multiple times per turn.

The full description would be in the 'notes' section. (For example adrenaline and mutation have very complex effects but their text does not have to explain it in detail).
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

anything
blarg: