*Author

dramore

Death Rune | Death Rune https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10341.msg127002#msg127002
« on: July 29, 2010, 05:21:35 am »

Death Rune | Death Rune
NAME: Death Rune
ELEMENT: Death
COST: 4 :death
TYPE: Spell
ATK|HP:
ABILITY: Target creature becomes Death
creature and gains: :death :death :Infect
Target creature
Or
Target permanent gains:
 :death :death :Miasma :Pay X life
NAME: Death Rune
ELEMENT: Death
COST: 3 :death
TYPE: Spell
ATK|HP:
ABILITY: Target creature becomes Death
creature and gains: :death :Infect
Target creature
Or
Target permanent gains:
 :death :Miasma :Pay X life
ART: Dramore - Edit of Elemantal Icons
IDEA: Dramore
NOTES: This set interduces a new concept to Elements. For each card in the set I've tried to
remain loyal to each element's fundamental nature.With this has come a few new skills.
-Every Rune ability is an Active ability and will replace any active ability currently on a card
-Every Rune also changes the creature element to that of the Rune granting them any
 passive abilities that belong to that element. By belong to that element it means that
all creatures in that element have it not just one or two.
-Death Rune's new abilities
-Miasma :Pay X life: This is a weaken ability that makes all of the oppoents creatures lose
attack points. By paying the cost of death quanta to trigger the ability you reduce the attack
of the creatures on the oppoents side of the field by 1. You are also required to pay 1 life for
each creature reduced in this way.
I.E. Their are 5 creatures on the other side of the field and you use "Miasma" each creature
gets a -1|-0 and you lose 5 life points.
Note: This ability can not be used to reduce the attack power below 0.
SERIES: Elemental Runes

Offline Baily18

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Baily18 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Death Rune | Death Rune https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10341.msg127385#msg127385
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 07:38:24 pm »
what if these are used on pillars? o0

dramore

Re: Death Rune | Death Rune https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10341.msg127390#msg127390
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:43:27 pm »
what if these are used on pillars? o0
-I.E. 10 :death Towers/Pillars. Cast Death Rune on the Stack. That stack still gives the normal
10 :death quanta and now by paying some of that :death quanta you can poison
your opponent for 1 once per turn. This is an actived ability just like
Chrysora | Physalia.Death Rune will last until stack is destroyed or another Rune is cast
on the stack.

dramore

Re: Death Rune | Death Rune https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10341.msg154296#msg154296
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 04:29:53 am »
Changes made.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Death Rune | Death Rune https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10341.msg164228#msg164228
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 05:55:42 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Leave the ATK|HP section of the table blank if the card is not a creature (n/a is not acceptable)

You do remember that Death creatures also benefit from Eclipse, correct? In this case, giving a creature Infect while also allowing it to benefit from Eclipse is a nice combination, and I can already see the power of this rune combined with Voodoo Dolls (since Voodoo dolls don't lose their passive with this Rune Spell, I can imagine that you can effectively poison the doll using its own Infect ability to rack up poison in a new way >.>).

The permanent ability seems slightly clunky, but I blame it more on the 'pay X life' in addition to the Death quanta you need in order to pay for Miasma. Since this card effectively reduces attack by 1 for all (targetable) creatures, this would have untold synergy with Aflatoxin; intentional, I'm guessing. :)

dramore

Re: Death Rune | Death Rune https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10341.msg164275#msg164275
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 07:42:02 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Leave the ATK|HP section of the table blank if the card is not a creature (n/a is not acceptable)

You do remember that Death creatures also benefit from Eclipse, correct? In this case, giving a creature Infect while also allowing it to benefit from Eclipse is a nice combination, and I can already see the power of this rune combined with Voodoo Dolls (since Voodoo dolls don't lose their passive with this Rune Spell, I can imagine that you can effectively poison the doll using its own Infect ability to rack up poison in a new way >.>).

The permanent ability seems slightly clunky, but I blame it more on the 'pay X life' in addition to the Death quanta you need in order to pay for Miasma. Since this card effectively reduces attack by 1 for all (targetable) creatures, this would have untold synergy with Aflatoxin; intentional, I'm guessing. :)
Frist thanks for the review. Second, OOO OHH didn't see the synergy with the Voodoo Doll.(Tho would make useing it easier.) Also is the synergy with Eclipse so bad or OP. The Pay Life is to keep the Miasma from being broken. Altho in the short run you will lose same amount of life from paying it or from the attacking creatures. In the long run you will be ahead as the total incoming attack value will drop. Lastly, you bet it is. I have had way to many kills of myself from useing it.(Aflatoxin) Note, After a creature is reduced to 0 attack it no longer cost you life when you use Miasma.

As I have the card setup now you can't drop the attack below 0. But I'm wondering if allowing the attack to go into the negtives would not be a broken ability or would it.

blarg: