*Author

ShiningSword

Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg399095#msg399095
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2011, 03:01:40 pm »
Question 3: If I can't then why would I ever want a Steam Machine?
You want it to use with other fire cards, like rage pots and such, which you can order from the cheapest not-fire source(and that one is me right now).
Just take a boat/ride/camel/just walk to enjoy our premium line of off-element cards, obtained with the last in bargaining tecnology!
Please announce yourself in advance so the patrol doesnt think you are hostile(lets avoid any incidents that compromise trading routes).
ShiningSword Inc. is not responsable for any accidents or deck failure that could be caused by any products distributed here. You buy at your own risk! :underworld
Well, technically rage pots are rare, so they can't be bought at the UW merchant.
You got me :P. In any case, we have a wide selection of cards, and, if they pay enough, i am sure i could go get those rage pots(although it would cost them).

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg401073#msg401073
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2011, 12:31:20 pm »
1. Can I salvage rares from an opponents deck? (Like black holes)
2. Can I sell Blackholes at the Water merchant? I can't buy them there so the cards aren;t listed, but I can sell them right? Same goes for other cards like Aether/Entropy cards etc.

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg401325#msg401325
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2011, 10:05:07 pm »
Do we have to take the quest Cultural Expansion?
In the list of steps it doesn't say we have to, but I'd like to make sure.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline pulli23

• Reputation Power: 3
  • pulli23 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What's going on here?
Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg401336#msg401336
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2011, 10:38:11 pm »
How often do reinforcements come actually? I'm trying to follow this, and just collecting a few more upped cards so I don't have troubles anytime :).

llehsnatas

Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg401435#msg401435
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2011, 03:35:50 am »
this may have been asked and answered, umm how do i get started lol. looks like a cool idea i just need a lil help understanding more of how to get started is all.   

Offline bored_ninja777

• Reputation Power: 13
  • bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg401439#msg401439
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2011, 04:03:21 am »
so for experience... can i do the expand borders X times..and gain the corresponding exp for it.. or is it a 1 time quest only? I havent had the ability to click Complete* yet.. so not sure how that goes.
~McPasty was here~

Scaredgirl

Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg401559#msg401559
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2011, 11:42:37 am »
1. Can I salvage rares from an opponents deck? (Like black holes)
2. Can I sell Blackholes at the Water merchant? I can't buy them there so the cards aren;t listed, but I can sell them right? Same goes for other cards like Aether/Entropy cards etc.
1. You can only salvage Common or Uncommon cards.
2. Yes. Use the price found in the Underworld tab

Do we have to take the quest Cultural Expansion?
In the list of steps it doesn't say we have to, but I'd like to make sure.
You don't have to do anything really. But that particular quest.. it's probably a good idea to take that.

How often do reinforcements come actually? I'm trying to follow this, and just collecting a few more upped cards so I don't have troubles anytime :).
I will add the next batch of players this weekend.

this may have been asked and answered, umm how do i get started lol. looks like a cool idea i just need a lil help understanding more of how to get started is all.   
We are currently missing a newbie tutorial so it might be a bit confusing. You should start by reading everything that is in the first post of those Day topics, starting from Day 1. Those have good tips on what you can and should do to get started.

so for experience... can i do the expand borders X times..and gain the corresponding exp for it.. or is it a 1 time quest only? I havent had the ability to click Complete* yet.. so not sure how that goes.
You can do each quest only once.

llehsnatas

Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg401587#msg401587
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2011, 01:09:53 pm »
TY for the response SG i have since then submitted my 1-3 elements as  :darkness :death :life. i hope i can get in this time around.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg401615#msg401615
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2011, 02:11:14 pm »
Hmm...been looking over the Skill Trees.  I'm a bit curious.

1.  If I use Breeding as an action, does this allow me to sell and/or trade the card I obtained through breeding during the same day?

2.  I would ask the same of Nature Rituals, but since the card is random I don't see how that's possible.  However, how exactly are we informed of the card that we receive?  Will it appear somewhere on our Character Sheets, telling us what card we received?

3.  I noticed that the Actions sheet only allows for 2 move options.  I'm assuming that even if we have enough AP to do otherwise that we're limited to using Animal Form twice per turn?  Also, how are you keeping track of moves made with Animal Form; is there a specific method you're using which will prevent you from mistaking the 1 AP cost as 2 and considering one of the moves invalid?
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg401804#msg401804
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2011, 09:32:47 pm »
In the current day, you mention fortresses. As I was in Alpha, I theoretically know what they are, though my knowledge is from when Gravity alone was able to build them from an outdated skill. I'm going to guess that all elements are capable of building them now, and Gravity's replacement skill simply reduces the cost and effort for them. In that case, what is the base cost for a fortress?

Scaredgirl

Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg401811#msg401811
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2011, 09:45:13 pm »
Hmm...been looking over the Skill Trees.  I'm a bit curious.

1.  If I use Breeding as an action, does this allow me to sell and/or trade the card I obtained through breeding during the same day?

2.  I would ask the same of Nature Rituals, but since the card is random I don't see how that's possible.  However, how exactly are we informed of the card that we receive?  Will it appear somewhere on our Character Sheets, telling us what card we received?

3.  I noticed that the Actions sheet only allows for 2 move options.  I'm assuming that even if we have enough AP to do otherwise that we're limited to using Animal Form twice per turn?  Also, how are you keeping track of moves made with Animal Form; is there a specific method you're using which will prevent you from mistaking the 1 AP cost as 2 and considering one of the moves invalid?
1. Yes.
2. Not random. You pick a card.
3. You assumed correctly. It's a problem with the form that may be (at least partially) fixed at some point by adding a third drop-down to all categories. Players themselves are responsible for not using too many AP's. If a mistake happens, it's not the end of the world but I'm hoping people pay attention. I'll try to see those errors myself, but I won't see them all.

In the current day, you mention fortresses. As I was in Alpha, I theoretically know what they are, though my knowledge is from when Gravity alone was able to build them from an outdated skill. I'm going to guess that all elements are capable of building them now, and Gravity's replacement skill simply reduces the cost and effort for them. In that case, what is the base cost for a fortress?
All elements will be able to build different kinds of structures and improvements. The price list is not ready yet.

The basic idea is that what is happening is the birth of a civilization. Teams are currently not advanced enough to build anything. As civilizations grow, more options will be given.

Offline Gocubbies1212

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Proudly took 4th place in CL 2010
Re: WoE - Questions and Answers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30942.msg401833#msg401833
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2011, 10:29:27 pm »
is team water able to attack a team gravity member while he is inside water's main city?
[02:20:36] jmdt: i think gocubbies will win the underworld tourny
I failed to account for the gocubbies factor. - Boingo
I like to make flying weapons decks.

anything
blarg: