*Author

Offline Gocubbies1212

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Proudly took 4th place in CL 2010
Re: WoE - Day 1 - Merchant, Taking Quests and Movement https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31230.msg395945#msg395945
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 03:16:08 am »
guys, there is a WoE Questions and Answers topic.  after looking at these questions, I see more than 4 of them answered already in the WoE Questions and Answers topic.  just read/skim a few pages of posts.  its not that hard...
[02:20:36] jmdt: i think gocubbies will win the underworld tourny
I failed to account for the gocubbies factor. - Boingo
I like to make flying weapons decks.

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • In high orbit
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WoE - Day 1 - Merchant, Taking Quests and Movement https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31230.msg396122#msg396122
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 12:57:55 pm »
Found some errors with the Rare count in cell AN6 (in the Death char sheets, at least):
- In place of Flesh Spiders, it counted Deathstalkers (cell AF58 vs AF68)
- Dimensional Shields and Fallen Elves were not counted as rares.
- Instead of Shard of Readiness (Cell X100) it counted an empty cell (X10).

I fixed them in every Death character sheet.

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: WoE - Day 1 - Merchant, Taking Quests and Movement https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31230.msg396169#msg396169
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 03:22:30 pm »
Question:

I changed my trade contents (added some sells or buys) with the merchant a few times today. How will you know if the trade happened during day 1 and wasn't editted at a later stage? It seems very easy to cheat with a few trades here and there atm.

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: WoE - Day 1 - Merchant, Taking Quests and Movement https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31230.msg396175#msg396175
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 03:49:56 pm »
Question:

I changed my trade contents (added some sells or buys) with the merchant a few times today. How will you know if the trade happened during day 1 and wasn't editted at a later stage? It seems very easy to cheat with a few trades here and there atm.
And unfortunately the inability to prevent cheating will only get worse as the game progresses. All the important stats (money, cards, items, XP, skills trained, etc) are tracked by the player themselves, so we're forced to rely solely on the integrity of the participants. The only solution I can think of right now is perhaps designating one trustworthy player from each element as an auditor who checks their teams stats occasionally. Even with 13 auditors it'd still be time consuming and only a deterrent at best, but it would be better than nothing.

Scaredgirl

Re: WoE - Day 1 - Merchant, Taking Quests and Movement https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31230.msg396194#msg396194
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 04:42:07 pm »
I will now lock this topic and reply to the questions posted here elsewhere.

EDIT: Oops, I replied here by mistake. Well, it's probably better this way.

Scaredgirl

Re: WoE - Day 1 - Merchant, Taking Quests and Movement https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31230.msg396292#msg396292
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 08:19:40 pm »
if you trade with a teammember and with the merchant, do you have to use 2 ap instead of one?

*edit*: btw, are the starting decks for each element somewhere?
You have to use two different actions. First one is Trade, second one is Trade With.

Starter decks are kept a secret. Ones in rules topic are incorrect.

Also, the merchant currently lists some uncommons and rares as available to buy. Is that intended?
Yes, those cards are available for purchase.

@Aves: The upgrades are not "used up". You can use them again next time, and pick another set of cards to apply them to.

On another note: How do we  :underworld types complete the capture a hex quest?
I forgot to mention about that. The quest is different to :underworld players. They have to neutralize a hex that is controlled by one of the 12 elements. That makes the quest a bit more difficult for UW players, so they will receive +1 XP for it (total 3XP).

does movement happen before or after other actions? also, do you have to use the actions 'take quest' 'move' and 'capture' to complete the quest?
1. Basic/Special Actions
2. Movement Actions
3. Battle Actions

can you capture your own city?
No, what would be the point? It's already controlled by your element.

Found some errors with the Rare count in cell AN6 (in the Death char sheets, at least):
- In place of Flesh Spiders, it counted Deathstalkers (cell AF58 vs AF68)
- Dimensional Shields and Fallen Elves were not counted as rares.
- Instead of Shard of Readiness (Cell X100) it counted an empty cell (X10).

I fixed them in every Death character sheet.
Thanks.

This bug happened because someone had used bold (rare) on wrong cards in the card list which led to all kinds of problems. I will fix this for other elements when I have time.

Reports like this are very useful so keep up the good work.

Question:

I have some ways of preventing obvious cheating, but small things are very difficult to spot. I doubt it will be a problem though because the punishment for any cheating will be severe.

anything
blarg: