*Author

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg95692#msg95692
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2010, 05:51:56 am »
The question, then, is "is it worth 3 more quanta to get 3 more HP on creatures that are otherwise equal?
I think you're referring to the unupped vs. upped, and if so it's 2 more quanta to get 7 more HP.

EDIT: You're referring to fire spirit vs. steam machine. No, you're right. Also of note is that fire spirit's ability costs of-element, while steam machine's costs off-element. I advocate taking down steam machine's cost (see my post).

Actually, I was referring to Fire EATER vs. Steam Machine -- two cards with similarly-powered abilities that are both off-element.  One costs :gravity :gravity for 0|5, and the other costs :water :water :water :water :water for 0|8, which is +3 quanta for +3 HP, assuming the abilities are about equal.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

evilpwner

Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg98115#msg98115
« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2010, 10:10:45 pm »
I don't think it costs enough. 15hp seems  like an awful lot for just 7 quanta. I guess that's kind of balanced out with it costing 3 quanta to do damage, with it degrading, but still...

kintar

Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg98312#msg98312
« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2010, 03:46:41 am »
I don't think it costs enough. 15hp seems  like an awful lot for just 7 quanta. I guess that's kind of balanced out with it costing 3 quanta to do damage, with it degrading, but still...
Lol, everybody else seems to be saying 6 :water is overpriced and you're saying 7 :water is underpriced...

Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg98332#msg98332
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2010, 04:24:55 am »
I'm confused. You think it costs too LITTLE?! It costs too much as is right now. Even with the potential to grow, the price of it's ability and the constant cooldown of it's attack power makes it little better than simply using Ablaze. I'm finding that Graviton Firemaster is a much better alternative than Steam Machine, since it is a 0/6 for a SINGLE :gravity quantum. Combined with it's +2/+0 per turn for a SINGLE :fire , and with no cooldown, it's already vastly cheaper, and you can actually have more than one out at a time without being strapped for quantum.

Also, note above that Abyss Crawler is actually better for the first five turns if both are played at the same time.

Offline tinkady

• Reputation Power: 4
  • tinkady is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg99022#msg99022
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2010, 03:06:09 am »
yep, definitely nerf its base cost
and/or make it a really interesting card by generating :air when it ticks down

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg99168#msg99168
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2010, 10:51:59 am »
I agree. Having played several dozen games with the new Steam Machine, I think that it either needs to cost 4 :water un- and upgraded, so it's a competitive attacker, or it needs to have interesting combo potential by doing something like giving off :air.  It's just slightly too unwieldy as it is.

Personally, I like the :air idea best.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline tinkady

• New to Elements
Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg99593#msg99593
« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2010, 09:33:16 pm »
yeah, and we already have plenty of growth characters. do the :air dance!  8)
this would change the whole feel of the card a lot but how about every time you use steam (which would generate :air), it ticks off separately. so if you use it twice it would be 1 2 2 2 1 ticks. the actual attack would be 3 5 6 6...so it would only have a max attack of 6 (or we could raise the initial attack by a few), but would be really effective at generating :air , being able to even generate :air :air :air :air in one turn once it builds up. that might mean we need to put the ability cost back at  :fire :fire :fire, im not sure. it might actually be OP when combined with shard of readiness...idk

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg100091#msg100091
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2010, 04:58:44 pm »
I did a little experimenting with Steam Engine and Antimatter, and I figured out the rule: no matter what caused the circumstance, if Steam Engine's Current ATK is less than it's Full ATK, it doesn't lose a point of ATK at the end of each turn -- but if the Current ATK is GREATER than it's Full ATK for *any* reason, it loses a point of ATK at the end of it's turn.

Just so y'all know.

Also, I updated the pic in the OP.

Bender74d

Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg100220#msg100220
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2010, 06:56:40 pm »
I love the  :fire:water:air idea.... and combining two elements to give an abilty as well as a third element as "waste" could be the begining of alot of different combos lol.

Offline tinkady

• New to Elements
Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg100332#msg100332
« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2010, 09:12:18 pm »
zanz make it happen! :D
or not if it messes with some master plan you got going up there :P

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg100407#msg100407
« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2010, 10:48:57 pm »
Just for the record, I did some testing with Steam Machine+Adrenaline.  Here are the attacks that Steam Machine makes with Adrenaline on it:

16 - 16
15 - 15/5
14 - 14/5
13 - 13/4
12 - 12/4
11 - 11/4
10 - 10/3
9 - 9/6/3
8 - 8/5/2
7 - 7/4/2
6 - 6/4/2
5 - 5/3/3/2
4 - 4/3/2/1
3 - 3/2/1/0/0
2 - 2/1/0/0/0
1 - 1/0/0/0/0

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: In Development: Steam Machine | Steam Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7164.msg100410#msg100410
« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2010, 10:52:43 pm »
Just for the record, I did some testing with Steam Machine+Adrenaline.  Here are the attacks that Steam Machine makes with Adrenaline on it:

16 - 16
15 - 15/5
14 - 14/5
13 - 13/4
12 - 12/4
11 - 11/4
10 - 10/3
9 - 9/6/3
8 - 8/5/2
7 - 7/4/2
6 - 6/4/2
5 - 5/3/3/2
4 - 4/3/2/1
3 - 3/2/1/0/0
2 - 2/1/0/0/0
1 - 1/0/0/0/0
Wait...so it attacks for 0 damage? How does that work?
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

anything
blarg: