*Author

Aitvaras

Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg313666#msg313666
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2011, 10:23:26 am »
I'm not complaining.. I just realized something..

4.2. LOSING A BATTLE
When a team loses a battle, they have to discard cards. The numbers of cards discarded is determined by the round number. The further the event goes, the more cards are discarded.

ROUND 1: discard 6
ROUND 2: discard 12
ROUND 3: discard 18
ROUND 4: discard 24
ROUND 5: discard 30 <--
ROUND 6: discard 30
ROUND 7: discard 30
etc.

Cards that are left in the deck after discarding, are returned back to Vault.

When we join the event, with 288 cards, We start when the discarding for a loss is already up to 30. This means with have to loose no more than once a round to even make a chance of winning, ever?

I dont realy mind this harshness, for it wont be fair if we had any big advantages, but this does seem simply impossible ;)

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg313669#msg313669
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2011, 10:39:04 am »
Underworld has the opportunity to see a large portion of, if not the entire Vault for each of the other 12 teams BEFORE they make their own Vault to take into Round 5. They also have the element of surprise with them, because their Vault is completely unknown to the other 12 teams before they set foot into battle.

These two advantages are therefore balanced by the limitations of your small vault size (288 cards). Even if you go 0-8 the first round, you still have enough cards remaining to field 1 deck for the next round -- this is a luxury that last War's Team Underworld did not enjoy, as their Vault size was exactly 240 cards.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

blarg: