*Author

Scaredgirl

Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg186818#msg186818
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 06:00:14 am »
So, how would this affect War Betting? Will Team Underworld be ignored in the standings, so we can stick with the current bets, or will the bets need to be edited/redone?
That's a good question. Team Underworld won't affect War betting at all. It's like the team doesn't even exist. So if Team Underworld wins, the winner of the betting is the team that is on the 2nd place.

Team Underworld will be a part of War #3 betting.
Will Team Underworld also bid for players on War #3 or will it be like outcasts like on War #2?
We will most likely be using a similar, if not the same, system we used during this War. I think it's a fair system because it gives you a change to get into War either by being active, or by being a good PvP player.

If Team Underworld would also bid for players, it would defeat the whole purpose of this project.

Offline hainkarga

• Reputation Power: 25
  • hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerRent a deck - WinnerWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWinner of Sideboard #3 PvP Event
Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg186827#msg186827
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 07:25:57 am »
Quote from: Scaredgirl
Modified deckbuilding rules for Team Underworld:
- maximum of 3 copies of a single card. This restriction does not apply to Pillars or Pendulums.
Please reconsider, at least, this rule. If this means no deck can contain more than 3 copies of a card, i can't think of a single deck with a solid backbone that i could build with this restriction, let alone a solid pvp deck. When i look at the war#1 and war#2 matches, decks that don't use 6x of a single card are almost nonexistent (many are packs of 6x cards). Even choosing the weakest element is way better than this.

So team underworld have to fight each other, starts with a card disadvantage, a bizzare (imo) restriction about copies in a deck, starts behind weeks of coordination & planning which other teams had, and are a bunch of newbies. Please don't be so harsh on the forsaken.

My first suggestion is just letting the team vote for an element, and have the rules applied as if they are the team of that element. Even then, due to the other factors, team underworld would start with a chunk of disadvantage.

My second suggestion is auto assigning a mark for team underworld. That mark could be same with the weakest element by the beginning of the round 5. So that element would still be represented even if that team lost. So team underworld would be like emerging reinforcements of the element which is in trouble. The color of the whole event would be kept.
Meritocratic Technocracy

Scaredgirl

Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg186842#msg186842
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 07:52:40 am »
- maximum of 3 copies of a single card. This restriction does not apply to Pillars or Pendulums.
Please reconsider, at least, this rule. If this means no deck can contain more than 3 copies of a card, i can't think of a single deck with a solid backbone that i could build with this restriction, let alone a solid pvp deck. When i look at the war#1 and war#2 matches, decks that don't use 6x of a single card are almost nonexistent. Even choosing the weakest element is way better than this.

So team underworld have to fight each other, starts with a card disadvantage, a bizzare (imo) restriction about copies in a deck, starts behind weeks of coordination & planning which other teams had, and are a bunch of newbies. Please don't be so harsh on the forsaken.
Team Underworld is a bunch of players that were basically left out from the event once already. They should be happy for the fact that they even have a chance to rejoin War, so even if they were at a slight disadvantage, I don't think they are in a position to complain.

Also they have tons of advantages compared to other teams:

- only team that can build their decks without their opponents knowing nothing about them in advance (no 50% limitation)
- can start with a "fresh" Vault during round 5
- 4 rounds of intel from other teams before they even build their Vault
etc.

Memorystick

Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg186846#msg186846
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 08:05:03 am »
Please reconsider, at least, this rule. If this means no deck can contain more than 3 copies of a card, i can't think of a single deck with a solid backbone that i could build with this restriction, let alone a solid pvp deck. When i look at the war#1 and war#2 matches, decks that don't use 6x of a single card are almost nonexistent (many are packs of 6x cards). Even choosing the weakest element is way better than this.

My suggestion is just letting the team vote for an element, and have the rules applied as if they are the team of that element. Even then, due to the other factors, team underworld would start with a chunk of disadvantage.
Bunch of newbies? Huge disadvantage? You guys have the largest advantage of any team- knowing before hand what's in the other teams' vaults, and who's the most dangerous. I'd rather take a restriction of 3 per unique card in every deck if it meant having such an advantage. You also don't have to abide by the "50% of an element" rule- so you could go with anything.
As for the 3-card limit, here's an example deck:
Code: [Select]
5um 5um 5um 5uo 5uo 5uo 5up 5up 5up 5uq 5uq 5uq 5ut 5ut 5ut 61u 61u 622 622 622 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63aOf course, this deck could probably use some more balancing, but it follows the rules, and it's a fairly simple premise. A good deck builder (I'm simply average, at best) could easily pump out decks for the team following these rules, and I can pretty much guarantee that at least one good deckbuilder will make the cut.
Yes, you have disadvantages vault-wise, and with the card limit, but you have far more advantages that easily make up for that. Sure, you can't go shrieker rush or immogolem rush, or whatever, but there are far more options than those- use your imagination, not just stuff that's already been thought up.

Offline hainkarga

• hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerRent a deck - WinnerWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWinner of Sideboard #3 PvP Event
Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg186847#msg186847
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 08:08:20 am »
Team Underworld is a bunch of players that were basically left out from the event once already. They should be happy for the fact that they even have a chance to rejoin War, so even if they were at a slight disadvantage, I don't think they are in a position to complain.

- only team that can build their decks without their opponents knowing nothing about them in advance (no 50% limitation)
etc.
We are glad to have this chance. But if you are giving the chance, why denying to talk if rules are fair and proper ? Wouldn't you also like it to be under fair conditions ?

- 3 card restriction is not a slight disadvantage, it disables deck building. Like i said, i'm yet to see pvp decks that don't use 6x packs, it just doesn't exist. Even if 1 or 2 decks could be managed, i highly doubt they would have any chance. Making a deck that has a strategy with the restriction is hardly possible.

I already listed the other disadvantages, which i will not repeat. Please just re-think about this 3 card restriction.
Meritocratic Technocracy

Memorystick

Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg186849#msg186849
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 08:15:27 am »

etc.
We are glad to have this chance. But if you are giving the chance, why denying to talk if rules are fair and proper ? Wouldn't you also like it to be under fair conditions ?

- 3 card restriction is not a slight disadvantage, it disables deck building. Like i said, i'm yet to see pvp decks that don't use 6x packs, it just doesn't exist. Even if 1 or 2 decks could be managed, i highly doubt they would have any chance. Making a deck that has a strategy with the restriction is hardly possible.

I already listed the other disadvantages, which i will not repeat. Please just re-think about this 3 card restriction.
Then make one. Just because nobody's posted a PvP deck with a 3-per card limitation, doesn't mean they aren't viable. Like I said, a good deck-builder could easily construct decks that follow that rule. If you'd care to test it, I'll be more than happy to duel you using a Team Underworld-legal deck, just to show that it's possible.

Offline hainkarga

Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg186850#msg186850
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 08:15:42 am »
Bunch of newbies? Huge disadvantage? You guys have the largest advantage of any team- knowing before hand what's in the other teams' vaults, and who's the most dangerous. I'd rather take a restriction of 3 per unique card in every deck if it meant having such an advantage. You also don't have to abide by the "50% of an element" rule- so you could go with anything.

Of course, this deck could probably use some more balancing, but it follows the rules, and it's a fairly simple premise. A good deck builder (I'm simply average, at best) could easily pump out decks for the team following these rules, and I can pretty much guarantee that at least one good deckbuilder will make the cut.
Yes, you have disadvantages vault-wise, and with the card limit, but you have far more advantages that easily make up for that. Sure, you can't go shrieker rush or immogolem rush, or whatever, but there are far more options than those- use your imagination, not just stuff that's already been thought up.
Well i haven't win the right to be in the team yet, so right now, i'm just thinking about beating up my possible, future teammates :)

There can be done a few, but like i said it would be hard as opposed to how you try to show it like a cakewalk. Even then, if these decks were efficient like you pose it to be, why do we almost never see them ?
Meritocratic Technocracy

Memorystick

Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg186852#msg186852
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 08:19:46 am »

Of course, this deck could probably use some more balancing, but it follows the rules, and it's a fairly simple premise. A good deck builder (I'm simply average, at best) could easily pump out decks for the team following these rules, and I can pretty much guarantee that at least one good deckbuilder will make the cut.
Well i haven't win the right to be in the team yet, so right now, i'm just thinking about beating up my possible, future teammates :)

There can be done a few, but like i said it would be hard as opposed to how you try to show it like a cakewalk. Even then, if these decks were efficient like you pose it to be, why do we almost never see them ?
We don't see them because a deck with 4-6 of a key card is more stable than a deck with only 3 of a key card. That doesn't mean they won't work.

Demut

Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg188318#msg188318
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2010, 12:24:37 pm »
When the rules say, "Not allowed to change deck during a round" it means match, right? I mean, it would be impossibly unfair for it to really be round considering Loser Bracket must play two matches per round.

Scaredgirl

Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg188322#msg188322
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2010, 12:37:39 pm »
When the rules say, "Not allowed to change deck during a round" it means match, right? I mean, it would be impossibly unfair for it to really be round considering Loser Bracket must play two matches per round.
Yes, match.

When I made those rules, I didn't take into consideration the fact that some players have to fight twice.

Demut

Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg188327#msg188327
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2010, 12:48:38 pm »
Okay good, you had me panicking there.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War: Underworld - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13922.msg188359#msg188359
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2010, 01:59:55 pm »
ok, i wont quote all that has been said on this

But i think that the 3 card rule is great, yes we have a major disadvantage, but we ARE underdogs after all

But, i think that the 3 card rule is enough, dont also put us only 240 in vault, please consider adding even if its only 5-10 cards, even only a slight amount would be more reasonable.

I understand its underworld, we should be happy to even be here, but i dont think having 250 cards instead of 240 is too much asked...
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

blarg: