*Author

Offline Antagon

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: War suggestions and feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg78132#msg78132
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2010, 04:25:41 pm »
hm..an idea, to prevent too many forfeits cause one of the team isnt here in time and solves the question, i mentioned at war-rules thread, if you have to make 6x 15/15 decks, if possible, or you can use only 5:

before round starts (and opponent are chosen), every master announce, how many players of his team will play this round, at least one. if one or two dont have time the next days for the war, it is no problem, BUT

if you win you can salvage ony that amount of cards, players played this round for your team, so 1-6, and, if you lose, you have to sacrifice 24+(24-4x) cards, where x is is the number of players, played this round, so at least 24 and max 44 cards. if you have to sacrifice 44 cards and only have a 30 card deck (maybe only 24 cause opponents salvations), you can choose cards from your vault, you have to remove.

this way it will be faster, "full" teams will have a great benefit from it and we wont have forfeits.

*edit*
an example: one of my players is for 5 days on holidays in disneyland, so before the round starts i announce only 5 players. now, every win gives us only 5 cards (5 cards less if everyone wins), every loss costs us 4 cards more(20 cards more lost, if everybody lose, that way), and otherwise we just decide the deck for him (30 cards, we dont need in vault) and lose them all because of forfeit, noone will be happy, the opponent doesnt get a cool game and 6 more or less crap cards, but the days till round ends he has to wait for nothing, and our team is also unhappy.

Flare

Re: War suggestions and feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg78457#msg78457
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 02:58:59 am »
Scared Girl. I have a solution for the idea with DeckKiller in it. Maybe imbed that in a webpage and have that web page send what was in the input and what was executed to one of the event admins or to a different web page that would work like the deck system on the forums where you kinda go like this

Code: [Select]
4vo 52n 5rk 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5up 61t 621 621 621 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u6 71b 74b 77i 7am 7do 7k2 7n3 7q5 7q5 80h
have that screan be the deck that they used...

and this next one be the outcome

Code: [Select]
4vo 5rk 5ro 5rp 5rp 5up 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6u6 77i 7am 7do 7q5
this way the players could do it and all the Warmaster would have to do is prove that those cards that got savaged went back into teh vault instead of something else.

I cant code this but i bet someone else could.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: War suggestions and feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg78464#msg78464
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 03:21:53 am »
Maybe this is already being done, but can't phase three be done at the same time as phase two? Just don't tell us who we play against until phase two is over. That would save a little bit of time wouldn't it?

Wisemage

Re: War suggestions and feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg78782#msg78782
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 03:37:06 pm »
hm..an idea, to prevent too many forfeits cause one of the team isnt here in time and solves the question, i mentioned at war-rules thread, if you have to make 6x 15/15 decks, if possible, or you can use only 5:

before round starts (and opponent are chosen), every master announce, how many players of his team will play this round, at least one. if one or two dont have time the next days for the war, it is no problem, BUT

if you win you can salvage ony that amount of cards, players played this round for your team, so 1-6, and, if you lose, you have to sacrifice 24+(24-4x) cards, where x is is the number of players, played this round, so at least 24 and max 44 cards. if you have to sacrifice 44 cards and only have a 30 card deck (maybe only 24 cause opponents salvations), you can choose cards from your vault, you have to remove.

this way it will be faster, "full" teams will have a great benefit from it and we wont have forfeits.

*edit*
an example: one of my players is for 5 days on holidays in disneyland, so before the round starts i announce only 5 players. now, every win gives us only 5 cards (5 cards less if everyone wins), every loss costs us 4 cards more(20 cards more lost, if everybody lose, that way), and otherwise we just decide the deck for him (30 cards, we dont need in vault) and lose them all because of forfeit, noone will be happy, the opponent doesnt get a cool game and 6 more or less crap cards, but the days till round ends he has to wait for nothing, and our team is also unhappy.
I dont like it.

because whats stopping a team (like say earth) from announcing 2 people, both running shrieker rush decks and killing everyone who ISNT running a similar deck 9see lava golem decks).

Since everyone has to paly as of now those 2 would only fight 2 people, 2 possible wins while the rest of the team can lose.

I am not saying shrieker rush is unbeatable but some rush decks are just alot better in pvp.

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: War suggestions and feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg78863#msg78863
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 05:47:29 pm »
Maybe like this:

1. Winner salvages 6 cards
2. Loser discards 24 cards
3. Rest of the cards go to Vault
Are the rules going to change like this anytime soon? Because so far the rules still state that you have to discard high-cost cards first and pillars last. I thought you were going to change that because it seems to be a reasonable solution to finally remove the disadvantage of larger decks. I see no problems with that solution and I don't see anyone else in this thread having any objections.

@Flare
I guess Scaredgirl's solution is probably better (easier for the Warmaster to organize) so there is no reason to use DeckKiller. Maybe it could be used in some smaller event in the future, or you can use it for the lulz :P
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Scaredgirl

Re: War suggestions and feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg78872#msg78872
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010, 05:54:10 pm »
Maybe like this:

1. Winner salvages 6 cards
2. Loser discards 24 cards
3. Rest of the cards go to Vault
Are the rules going to change like this anytime soon? Because so far the rules still state that you have to discard high-cost cards first and pillars last. I thought you were going to change that because it seems to be a reasonable solution to finally remove the disadvantage of larger decks. I see no problems with that solution and I don't see anyone else in this thread having any objections.

@Flare
I guess Scaredgirl's solution is probably better (easier for the Warmaster to organize) so there is no reason to use DeckKiller. Maybe it could be used in some smaller event in the future, or you can use it for the lulz :P
Thanks for reminding me. Updated.

Offline Troh

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Troh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Beginners League 2/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War suggestions and feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg79392#msg79392
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 07:20:19 am »
2 of the members of darkness team are missing .
We want to replace them. Is there any player that want to participate in the war and doesn't have a team?

miniwally

Re: War suggestions and feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg79635#msg79635
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2010, 05:41:24 pm »
We're only missing one perswon and I've asked the warmaster if we can have a replacement or not.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WAR - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg85655#msg85655
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2010, 10:59:42 am »
I think that the war and the trails should have been timed together because the trails may start before war ends.

Scaredgirl

Re: WAR - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg85701#msg85701
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2010, 01:50:15 pm »
I think that the war and the trails should have been timed together because the trails may start before war ends.
Trials start when War ends, or is just about to end. Running both at the same time would be way too time consuming for Masters.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WAR - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg85907#msg85907
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2010, 07:19:52 pm »
sweet, now lets end the war so i can kill glitch XD. OK good luck with the fights, only a few days left.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: WAR - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6922.msg85936#msg85936
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2010, 07:52:23 pm »
So how about a leaderboard? Something showing wins/losses and maybe the number of cards in the vault? The latter is easily calculated from wins/losses, so it's not like you'd be revealing any "secret" information.

blarg: