*Author

Kael Hate

Re: War - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13006.msg301442#msg301442
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2011, 01:09:55 pm »
New Ruling Addition

- Marks: For the War event, "Mark of ..." cards are considered in the element of the element they feature. This is different to how they appear in the normal game as they are an other type card there. They are not considered equivalent to a Pillar or Pendulum.
So a deck made of 15 water pends, 15 life pends and a life mark is not legit, while 16 air pends and 15 aether pends, with an aether mark is?
The First is a valid Life deck but not a Valid Water deck.
The Second is Valid as Air or Aether.
I think Rav is talking about the deck's mark and Kael is talking about Mark cards won from tourneys.  Kael, would you please clarify?  Thanks.
I think that he's talking about practice the actual deck marks. Otherwise, the rule'd make no sense.
I'm talking about the independant card (Reward Card) "Mark of ..." not the mark you start the game with.

Kael Hate

Re: War - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13006.msg325264#msg325264
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2011, 09:22:37 pm »
Fixed 9 player reference in section 3.1
Thx Kevkev60614.

Offline bucky1andonly

• Reputation Power: 9
  • bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: War - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13006.msg370997#msg370997
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2011, 03:08:35 am »
I think since this a War of the Elements, teams should be required to use a higher % of their element.
I say 70%.
I just think instead of every element playing 50% rainbow decks, they should have to play with what their element has to offer.  That is why a person goes through the trials to become a master of a certain element, isn't it?  As a master, they should show what they can do with their element, without having to rely on a bunch of other elements.

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13006.msg371210#msg371210
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2011, 02:44:41 pm »
I think since this a War of the Elements, teams should be required to use a higher % of their element.
I say 70%.
I just think instead of every element playing 50% rainbow decks, they should have to play with what their element has to offer.  That is why a person goes through the trials to become a master of a certain element, isn't it?  As a master, they should show what they can do with their element, without having to rely on a bunch of other elements.
First, I think this needs to get moved to the suggestions thread.

Second, I disagree with your suggestion. While I agree with you in theory, I think this would further separate the stronger elements from the weaker ones, specifically :fire (immo) and :entropy (nova). A simple fix would be to ban those 2 cards, then discord would become overpowered and likely need to be banned as well. Ultimately, this creates more problems than it fixes, and banning cards kind of goes against the idea of elemental war.

anything
blarg: