*Author

Offline bjesseeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • bjessee is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1033789#msg1033789
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:50:58 pm »
War #6 - Betting

War betting is back and better than ever.  Or at least as good as it was before.  At any rate, it is a chance to win fabulous prizes.
Scoring has changed.

The rules are simple and are as follows:
  • You must have a forum account to join.
  • Use the Google Docs form to make your bets each round.
  • Bets will only be accepted during the deck building phase of each round.  Reference the appropriate round in the War subforum to view the deadlines.
  • If a person places more than one bet in a given round, only the last one will be accepted.  A 1-point penalty will be assessed for each extra submittal.
  • Each correctly guessed winner will award the bettor 1 point.  Support battles are not included.
  • The three lowest scores from the first six rounds will be excluded from scoring.  This is to allow people to take part that were affected by the technical difficulties in round 1 and chose not to join.
  • The person with the most points at the end of the war will be the winner.
  • Ties will be resolved by a fight to the death the number of correct bets in the last round, then in the penultimate round, etc.

Prizes:
1st Place:  10k electrum
2nd Place:  5k electrum
3rd Place:  3k electrum

I might add more tiers if the number of participants increases.  So come and join.

Notes on the Google Form:
  • The form will request your forum username and then your selections for the battles.  There may be more battles in the form than are fought in a round.  Extra records in the form may be left blank; selections for extra battles will not be considered.
  • The form will list Player 1 and Player 2 as the selections.  These will correspond to the players in the matchups of the round summary.

If you have any questions, please post them here.

War #6 Betting form

<<Please embed me.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkMokImU4lROdGs0Vmh0LVVwaXd4Vmp0dk5YTGtoOHc&output=html >>
Until then, standings.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:15:05 pm by bjessee »
"Aperture Science.  We do what we must because we can."  -GLaDOS

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1033818#msg1033818
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:44:38 am »
Will bids remain blind to others until round starts to avoid someone pasting the bids of the ranked #2 when ahead in standings?

• Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1033821#msg1033821
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 03:02:04 am »
Will bids remain blind to others until round starts to avoid someone pasting the bids of the ranked #2 when ahead in standings?
Yes, they will remain blind.

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1033877#msg1033877
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 12:38:41 pm »
So as a member of team Death, I have to vote for a Death win every match we play, but otherwise I can vote however I want. Correct?
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Re: War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1033973#msg1033973
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 06:42:47 pm »
So as a member of team Death, I have to vote for a Death win every match we play, but otherwise I can vote however I want. Correct?
Actually, that rule has been removed.  You can bid however you want on all matches.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1033986#msg1033986
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 07:36:41 pm »
Actually, that rule has been removed.  You can bid however you want on all matches.
Who thinks their own team will lose anyway? :P
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1033987#msg1033987
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 07:39:11 pm »
Well, if you run a suicide.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Re: War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1034306#msg1034306
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 11:25:27 pm »
Betting has opened for Round 1.  Best of luck.

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1034327#msg1034327
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 12:40:11 am »
My connection to the server broke down as I was submitting my bet the first time, so I might have accidentally submitted two identical forms. Just to let you know so I'm not unfairly counted against.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1034395#msg1034395
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 06:43:10 am »
For some reason the sheet decided not to record answer. This now has been fixed, but bets placed before this message weren't recorded, and, as such, must be redone if you want your bets to be counted. Sorry :F
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1034396#msg1034396
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 06:59:50 am »
Who thinks their own team will lose anyway? :P

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #6 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46122.msg1034427#msg1034427
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 01:13:41 pm »
Well, if you run a suicide.

Might be mistaken, but I think aether was the only team to run a suicide last war... Their general must have been an idiot or something.

anything
blarg: