*Author

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg501930#msg501930
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2012, 06:03:53 pm »
I find it strange that Support Team rules force them to play with decks that are based more on the elements they are not supporting than on the elements they are supporting. For example, Entropy support players can use the following in-element cards:
Chaos Seed, Mutation, Fallen Elf, Shroedinger's Cat.
Not exactly what I call Entropy-based decks. Sure, some powerful decks can come out of it still, but that's not the point.

I'd rather have different rules, while not limiting the support teams to monos or almost monos for obvious balance reasons.
Lol.  Ok, so I agree that most Main Team Entropy decks don't feature the four cards you list above.  Feedback would be more useful if you explained why the Support Team deckbuilding constraint either unbalances the Event (important: if it only hurt Entropy, a historically strong team, one might argue it actually adds to balance) or makes the Event less fun.  Then importantly, propose an alternative set of rules that accomplishes those goals better than the status quo.

Fair enough. The issue is that by making it impossible to use the in-element cards your team used in the round, you're very likely not to have any good in-element cards left, but still need to use 50% of it. This has led to various matches where the only in-element cards used were pillars or pensulums! (Light, for once, fielded a rustler deck with 15 light pillars and a NT deck with 15 light pendulums). This is... not really representative of a war environment IMO. You are using the other elements much more than you are using your own... :-/ Also:

I will reiterate this and add that this round's support team battle results are quite indicative of an issue in support battles rules.
In case next War's Warmasters aren't willing to look at your post time and delve into which round's results you're describing, can you give specific examples of the "issue"?

There were no attacking wins. Some were close, but still, this is a pretty clear sign of an unbalance of rules IMO. Losing access to all your good in-element cards while other still can field decks with 2 or 3 of their best cards is not balanced. Defending is too much of an advantage.

I believe something like this would be better:

1) No rares.
2) Number of defending players determinates how many off element cards you can use in your deck while defending:
1 defender - 4 cards
2 defenders - 8 cards
3 defenders - 10 cards
4 defenders - 12 cards
5 defenders - 13 cards
6 defenders - 14 cards
7+ defenders - 15 cards
3) Same goes for attackers.

To further restrict deckbuilding and make things a bit more interesting, I'd add some extra rules not based on the main team's performance. For instance:
4) Every support team member must choose a role at the start of War. Warriors must use at least 8 creatures in all their decks. Spellcasters must use at least 5 spells in all their decks. Smiths must use at least 4 non-pillar/pendulum permanents in all their decks.

...or something.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg501944#msg501944
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2012, 07:09:44 pm »
Attacking should not be easy, which it isn't. But, I agree with morm that using only pills or pends as in-element card is ridiculous. A suggestion is that maybe all attackers can use 1 card from the previous round. Possibly consider making it an in-element card too.

Now, as a team loses members, their attackers get stronger and stronger to the point where a top team with only 2 defenders is actually very vulnerable. This war seems fairly balanced so far, but this could still become an issue. I would suggest maybe teams with 100% defenders get a bonus card to defend with.

I think these are simple changes that won't drastically change support battles, but should make them more balanced and consistent with war decks.

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg501947#msg501947
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2012, 07:14:50 pm »
Woo in element dimension shield and fractal! Oh wait...
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline mega plini

• Reputation Power: 7
  • mega plini is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I follow rivers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship Award
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg502768#msg502768
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2012, 06:23:22 pm »
is there a reason why support members can't substitute for mean team members? I suggest a change in the rules. If support members could sub for main team members, I could have played my match against  Vineroz' sub (he was online but was a support team member).
Also I suggest that the scouts get a bigger role. Knowledge is power. But with only two cards per round, that knowlegde isn't much.
I suggest to change it and make a scout able to scout all cards of the scouted element. This would mean that a scout doens't hev to name cardnames, but an element. as for the result of the scouting action I would say that you get to know all the cards the opponent has on that element (including the number of cards)
As we do not want to make Scout OP, I suggest that the scout would not be  able to scout the element of which the opponent is a member. Any comments on this idea?
The Moon shines upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg502771#msg502771
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2012, 06:48:06 pm »
is there a reason why support members can't substitute for mean team members? I suggest a change in the rules. If support members could sub for main team members, I could have played my match against  Vineroz' sub (he was online but was a support team member).
Also I suggest that the scouts get a bigger role. Knowledge is power. But with only two cards per round, that knowlegde isn't much.
I suggest to change it and make a scout able to scout all cards of the scouted element. This would mean that a scout doens't hev to name cardnames, but an element. as for the result of the scouting action I would say that you get to know all the cards the opponent has on that element (including the number of cards)
As we do not want to make Scout OP, I suggest that the scout would not be  able to scout the element of which the opponent is a member. Any comments on this idea?

Them not having access to the main team's section is one. They don't get access to that because other teams can recruit them in case one of their members goes AWOL.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg503348#msg503348
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2012, 10:34:17 pm »
We, :entropy, had two opponents that were changed, and there was zero notification that they were changed. If you're gonna change them, please let us know.
I'll repost this, since the WMs didn't seem to understand it the first time....

Offline Anthraxx

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Anthraxx is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Work less, ride more!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg503712#msg503712
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2012, 04:01:32 pm »
Could use a rule exception to handle cases of war matches between players 8+ time zones apart. Currently at least one of them has to do something like staying up until very late or getting up super early and still one can never be sure your salvage is safe (see my match w/ pikachu).

Solutions: subs w/o or AT VERY LEAST smaller penalty perhaps?

I understand dedication and shit, but it's just a game. I'm pretty frustrated (AND SLEEPY) all day after I got up @ 5 to make the match schedule and still got no salvage cause 1hr is apparently not enough to play bo5 with desynchs :<
:entropy :entropy :entropy Wooooaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr :entropy :entropy :entropy

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg505818#msg505818
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2012, 03:36:02 pm »
If support teams are kept for future wars, which I hope they aren't, I would like to suggest that they play their duels during the duel phase. During this phase, nothing is going on except waiting for opponents to play. This down time would be much better utilized prepping for support battles. Having to prep for 10+ battles in 4 days should never happen.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg505822#msg505822
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2012, 03:43:26 pm »
Could use a rule exception to handle cases of war matches between players 8+ time zones apart. Currently at least one of them has to do something like staying up until very late or getting up super early and still one can never be sure your salvage is safe (see my match w/ pikachu).

I understand dedication and shit, but it's just a game. I'm pretty frustrated (AND SLEEPY) all day after I got up @ 5 to make the match schedule and still got no salvage cause 1hr is apparently not enough to play bo5 with desynchs :<

You mean like this? http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,40596.0.html
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg505825#msg505825
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2012, 03:46:28 pm »

You mean like this? http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,40596.0.html
Not sure if that is what Anth means, but I like 3 card salvage. I even did it in a match vs QuantumT, where warmasters allowed it.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg505943#msg505943
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2012, 09:14:59 pm »
Now that entropy has been eliminated, I can say whatever I want without consequence!  Yay! :p

Support Teams: In general, I liked the idea of having separate battles over relics.  However, I didn't like the specific rules for deckbuilding.  It wasn't really a lot of fun trying to figure out how to make a deck with schrodinger's cat as the only creature, for example.  Due to the rules, the support decks were more often about using everyone else's elements and not your own.  Also, the defender's advantage was probably too much.  I think they should have an advantage, but being able to use more in-element cards was too much of one.

Substitution and salvage penalty: This sucks :p  In two rounds I had opponents who lived in Europe and it was in one case impossible and in the other case almost impossible to schedule the matches.  I propose that we can substitute players either at will, or at least have one free one per round, or something like that, to account for different time zones.

Also, RNG can suck my twelve inch di..... yeah.  But that wasn't anybody's fault :p

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg505980#msg505980
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2012, 11:00:25 pm »

Possibly like that except that Warmaster needs to not nosir you when you request salvage...

This War match scheduling got a little more complicated than in previous Wars due to blind matchups, and I guess it doesn't help that no match day is on a weekend either.

I think the goal of subbing rules should be:
Primarily enable all matches to be played in a swift and uncomplicated fashion.
Secondarily reward teams whose players are active.
(not the other way round).

I'd propose the following substitution rules:
- Matches can be subbed at any time, by anyone, without penalty
- However if at the end of any round a player has played 2 less matches than he was assigned for, his team gets penalized.

And while we're at it also change the way penalties work. No salvage or chosen discard are way too often no setback at all and sometimes even profitable for the team. Better possibilities would be random discard or negative modifier on upgrades for one round.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:10:50 pm by 10 men »
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

anything
blarg: