*Author

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg494438#msg494438
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2012, 09:26:58 pm »
If Earth is going to get a free pass on not doing what is required of a general, then I'm sure we might as well just scrap the roles topic and have everything in our discussion posts.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg494442#msg494442
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2012, 09:31:37 pm »
Quick question:

If my opponent brings a counter to my deck, am I allowed to get a free pass for my bad prediction and change my deck? I think it's fair.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg494856#msg494856
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2012, 12:56:22 pm »
If Earth is going to get a free pass on not doing what is required of a general, then I'm sure we might as well just scrap the roles topic and have everything in our discussion posts.
I might have missed something going on in chat.

But yeah, it feels quite lame for other teams who did things properly.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg494857#msg494857
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2012, 01:00:38 pm »
I would ask all of you clamoring for this to be patient, as there is no free pass being given.  This is the last time I will "ask".
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline Helston

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Usually reliably unreliable. Sometimes.
  • Awards: Silver DonorMaster of Elemental Locks (False Elements 2)Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg495336#msg495336
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2012, 04:47:39 am »
Given that all elements now have a shard and that they should be fairly well spread amongst the playerbase by the time the next War comes along, will shards be considered for inclusion in future Wars?
[15:02:07] Jocko [»] Helston: You killed a bunch of bunnies with nuclear weapons

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg495350#msg495350
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2012, 05:33:35 am »
We, :entropy, had two opponents that were changed, and there was zero notification that they were changed. If you're gonna change them, please let us know.

Offline Jaymanfu

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Jaymanfu is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Awards: War #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg496483#msg496483
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2012, 12:02:38 am »
As far as a bye is concerned, why not have it be a team that hasn't had a bye and who has the most number of players able to be sent in a round. And random if there are multiple teams sending the same amount.

That way if multiple teams are still sending the same amount of players its random instead of: "Oh this team has 4 more cards then this team and they are winning war so they get the bye"

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:20:56 am by Jaymanfu »

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg496685#msg496685
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2012, 05:38:52 am »
As far as a bye is concerned, why not have it be a team that hasn't had a bye and who has the most number of players able to be sent in a round. And random if there are multiple teams sending the same amount.

That way if multiple teams are still sending the same amount of players its random instead of: "Oh this team has 4 more cards then this team and they are winning war so they get the bye"
The fair one would be: team with most players, if more then with least cards, unless they had a bye.

Offline Jaymanfu

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Jaymanfu is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Awards: War #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg500152#msg500152
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2012, 10:13:53 pm »

Just thought id post this again as :air got another bye just because they have a few extra cards when teams are still fielding the same amount of players.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg501798#msg501798
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2012, 12:29:07 pm »
I find it strange that Support Team rules force them to play with decks that are based more on the elements they are not supporting than on the elements they are supporting. For example, Entropy support players can use the following in-element cards:
Chaos Seed, Mutation, Fallen Elf, Shroedinger's Cat.
Not exactly what I call Entropy-based decks. Sure, some powerful decks can come out of it still, but that's not the point.

I'd rather have different rules, while not limiting the support teams to monos or almost monos for obvious balance reasons.

I will reiterate this and add that this round's support team battle results are quite indicative of an issue in support battles rules.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg501857#msg501857
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2012, 03:06:06 pm »
I find it strange that Support Team rules force them to play with decks that are based more on the elements they are not supporting than on the elements they are supporting. For example, Entropy support players can use the following in-element cards:
Chaos Seed, Mutation, Fallen Elf, Shroedinger's Cat.
Not exactly what I call Entropy-based decks. Sure, some powerful decks can come out of it still, but that's not the point.

I'd rather have different rules, while not limiting the support teams to monos or almost monos for obvious balance reasons.
Lol.  Ok, so I agree that most Main Team Entropy decks don't feature the four cards you list above.  Feedback would be more useful if you explained why the Support Team deckbuilding constraint either unbalances the Event (important: if it only hurt Entropy, a historically strong team, one might argue it actually adds to balance) or makes the Event less fun.  Then importantly, propose an alternative set of rules that accomplishes those goals better than the status quo.

I will reiterate this and add that this round's support team battle results are quite indicative of an issue in support battles rules.
In case next War's Warmasters aren't willing to look at your post time and delve into which round's results you're describing, can you give specific examples of the "issue"?

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: War #5 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37526.msg501869#msg501869
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2012, 03:53:42 pm »
I guess his issue is that there were no winners.
I don't think it was an issue. Maybe future deck builders of attacking teams will be more innovative. Or the constrains will be lesser due to more support team, less main team (less constraints).

anything
blarg: