*Author

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg490289#msg490289
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 10:16:16 pm »
The matchups for light seem to be mixed up.

Offline ddevans96Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg490296#msg490296
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 10:23:03 pm »

How so?
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg490298#msg490298
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 10:29:28 pm »
"Air3: RootRanger - Strategist versus Light5"
"Light5: DevilLoss - Assassin versus Darkness1"
"General: TheonlyrealBeef versus Light4"
"Light4: Bonestorm - Lieutenant versus Death3"
"Death3: Acsabi - Lieutenant versus Light2"
"Light2: Newbcakes - Strategist versus Life4"
"Life4: killsdazombies - Lieutenant versus Light6"
"Light6: Pineapple - Scout versus Air3"

This can go on forever. It's an infinite loop, essentially.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg490300#msg490300
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 10:31:04 pm »

Probably because the General didn't post them in order from light 2 to Light 6. Because, as usual, he had to finish it all in a hurry :/
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg490418#msg490418
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2012, 01:19:46 am »
All of the information was correct.  They were just in the wrong order.  The Rosters, Roles, and Round Matchups thread has been put right and xdude is sobering up with coffee.

Offline summerz88

• Reputation Power: 3
  • summerz88 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg539707#msg539707
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2012, 04:23:15 am »
Hi there, very new to the community, trying to get my posts up so that I can play in tournaments, yet still wanting to make useful posts.
So I was wondering, I've been reading up on war, and I'm wondering what makes someone better at a particular role?

Obviously the general and strategist have specific requirements not related to how they actually play the game, but what makes someone a better scout or assassin or salvager?

Offline ddevans96Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg539708#msg539708
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2012, 04:32:43 am »
Hi there, very new to the community, trying to get my posts up so that I can play in tournaments, yet still wanting to make useful posts.
So I was wondering, I've been reading up on war, and I'm wondering what makes someone better at a particular role?

Obviously the general and strategist have specific requirements not related to how they actually play the game, but what makes someone a better scout or assassin or salvager?

First, hugs. I love when newer members because interested in war. This was me a long time ago, except I was more of a noob :)

As for your question, those roles really have nothing that would make some people better at them than others, except for ability to win duels. Most of PvP is determined by deck choice and randomness of draws, and few matches are determined by player skill. However, there are notable matches in war that HAVE come down to player skill, or a clever move done by one player, and likely would have made a difference if they were one of the three win-based roles in this war.

Spoiler for Random history of war:
One notable example is a match early in War 2 that pitted an air/aether deck with quintessences, played by Dogg, against a fractal minor phoenix deck played by jmdt. In the first match (war matches were best-of-three at this time), Dogg played a quint on jmdt's first phoenix. This prevented him from fractalling as easily, required him to wait to play phoenixes until he could fractal, and thus slowed the deck down. Dogg wound up winning the match 2-1 due to this unorthodox, but brilliant, move.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline bjessee

• Reputation Power: 5
  • bjessee is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg539905#msg539905
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2012, 06:34:13 pm »
First, hugs. I love when newer members because interested in war. This was me a long time ago, except I was more of a noob :)
I will second that.  Not that dd was a noob; the other part.

The roles in War 5 were mostly strategic decisions and were not even tied to specific players.  For instance, you might be an Assassin in one round and a Scout in the next.  I enjoyed this aspect of War 5, but I cannot yet say for certain if or how it will work in War 6.

As for the Strategist, I expect it will change since I doubt much, if any, vault work was actually done by the Strategist role.

As ddevans said, few victories are earned through player skill, so do not let a lack of experience dissuade you from applying for future Wars.  If you are willing to commit to the event and contribute what you can, you can be a valuable asset to a team.
"Aperture Science.  We do what we must because we can."  -GLaDOS

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg539927#msg539927
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 07:14:06 pm »
I will second that.  Not that dd was a noob; the other part.

The roles in War 5 were mostly strategic decisions and were not even tied to specific players.  For instance, you might be an Assassin in one round and a Scout in the next.  I enjoyed this aspect of War 5, but I cannot yet say for certain if or how it will work in War 6.

As for the Strategist, I expect it will change since I doubt much, if any, vault work was actually done by the Strategist role.

As ddevans said, few victories are earned through player skill, so do not let a lack of experience dissuade you from applying for future Wars.  If you are willing to commit to the event and contribute what you can, you can be a valuable asset to a team.

I did vault for my team  :D  Woo following rules!
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg1004777#msg1004777
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 05:11:58 pm »
Seems like several people are considering joining Trials but aren't sure about the role they want to play in War.

If a Master appoints a General during War 6, can that Master still participate?  Does he/she have to fight for the element of which he/she is Master?  Is he/she bid upon by other Generals in the auction?

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg1004781#msg1004781
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2012, 05:27:03 pm »
The old rule was: if you are a Master, you must either be the General of your element or not participate in War. That was a SG rule, so it may change.

Offline Spielkind

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Mess with the best - die like the rest!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37501.msg1004796#msg1004796
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2012, 06:35:00 pm »
may, but this rule should not!!! sorry, but who votes for a master who will be part in another team if he could lead his own element?!?!?! i can understand if a master is busy he can give that position to another, but never play for another element, that seems to be bandwaggoning on his best!!! !dislike
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Bunny rules the Earth.
(")_(") Copy and Paste Bunny to show your appreciation!

anything
blarg: