*Author

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg434822#msg434822
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2011, 04:58:08 pm »
Just for Round 8; I would like to deeply apologized for spamming the War Betting section multiple times (I got the blank screen, freaked out, then resubmitted my vote several times just to make sure I would see something). I didn't realize it processed my bet on the first try despite the blank white window afterwards. ^^;;;

Offline Dogg

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dogg hides under a Cloak.
  • ~Napalm's bodyguard!
  • Awards: War #3 Winner - Team Fire
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg434826#msg434826
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2011, 05:09:09 pm »
First of all, it's not my fault that all the bets are being displayed after submitted. It is tempting to check what other people have bet for a specific match. There should just be the names of the people that submitted successfully and not the exact bets imo. (If you check, I almost allways bet the last 15-30mins because I want to check what people have bet).
Second (if you want you may believe it...), I had made my mind of what to bet and wasn't sure for 3 mathes (5,8,13). After I saw your submission I decided to bet the same as you, since this was the better strategy to follow.
Third, now if we get this round completely wrong someone else may win also. (and we didn't have good results till now btw)
Also, if you thought it was lame you could pm me and we could discuss it and find a better way (like: we could both pm kevkev instead of submitting the form). no need for this drama here :(
Yeah... No. I do not want to make kev do more work than he already does and i won't do it.
I never would and i never did something like this, but hey - if it makes you proud... Like i said, enjoy your win, hope it's worth it.
"Let me start off by saying those were the best played matches I've had this war; Dogg is pro." - jmdt
"This is gonna suck for a WAR for me, fighting off Dogg and Napalm on one team..." - icecoldbro

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg434847#msg434847
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2011, 06:26:40 pm »
There should just be the names of the people that submitted successfully and not the exact bets imo.
Good suggestion.  Implemented with SG's assistance..  Wish I'd thought of it earlier.

Offline Skysong

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Skysong is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg435214#msg435214
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2011, 05:16:37 pm »
Wow, really, parasite? Really? You gonna do it like this? "I don't want to to be harsh here" parasite, but i didn't expect anything else from a guy that calls himself parasite.
Enjoy your win and i hope the prize is worth it. Hopefully you don't have to win everything in your life the same way.
Sorry to everyone else that i couldn't do this with more class.
First of all, it's not my fault that all the bets are being displayed after submitted. It is tempting to check what other people have bet for a specific match. There should just be the names of the people that submitted successfully and not the exact bets imo. (If you check, I almost allways bet the last 15-30mins because I want to check what people have bet).
Second (if you want you may believe it...), I had made my mind of what to bet and wasn't sure for 3 mathes (5,8,13). After I saw your submission I decided to bet the same as you, since this was the better strategy to follow.
Third, now if we get this round completely wrong someone else may win also. (and we didn't have good results till now btw)
Also, if you thought it was lame you could pm me and we could discuss it and find a better way (like: we could both pm kevkev instead of submitting the form). no need for this drama here :(
What you do is cheating.
And how is that cheating exactly?

Offline Zaealix

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Zaealix is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Former Gravity apprentice-currently Water aligned.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg435220#msg435220
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2011, 05:26:49 pm »
It's a legit, albiet annoying tatic-Basically, the person with the highest amount of points bets the same as the second person, locking their relative positions so 2nd place will still lose to him. However, this really just opens the throne up for someone else to make a gain on both of them, which is why it's fair play. You basically are gambling that the person in second has bet correctly, and that no one else will come and take first place outta nowhere.
*Water Guild*

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg435797#msg435797
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2011, 11:41:11 pm »
The match doesn't match with the pairing in the round 9 topic.

1  bjessee vs  Gen. Higurashi
2  Gen. 10 men vs  Gen. MatrimKK
3  Lt. dragonsdemesne vs  Lt. Zeru
4  Gen. RavingRabbid vs  Gen. Napalm Grenade
5  Lt. Jaymanfu vs  Lt. Wizardcat
6  Gen. majofa vs  Gen. DrunkDestroyer
7  Gen. MrBlonde vs  Gen. nilsieboy
8  Gen. kirchj33 vs  Gen. TheonlyrealBeef

here is what I saw on round 9 topic.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg435861#msg435861
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2011, 02:30:46 am »
The match doesn't match with the pairing in the round 9 topic.

1  bjessee vs  Gen. Higurashi
2  Gen. 10 men vs  Gen. MatrimKK
3  Lt. dragonsdemesne vs  Lt. Zeru
4  Gen. RavingRabbid vs  Gen. Napalm Grenade
5  Lt. Jaymanfu vs  Lt. Wizardcat
6  Gen. majofa vs  Gen. DrunkDestroyer
7  Gen. MrBlonde vs  Gen. nilsieboy
8  Gen. kirchj33 vs  Gen. TheonlyrealBeef

here is what I saw on round 9 topic.
Fixed, ty.  I blame Google docs.  Again.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg435925#msg435925
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2011, 07:01:27 am »
Tried at least 10 times to submit, with different internet connection. It doesnt work at all
TEAM
War Se7en

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg435961#msg435961
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2011, 12:32:44 pm »
Tried at least 10 times to submit, with different internet connection. It doesnt work at all
Same!

**edit**
Just when I posted this, it came through! Works for me now.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Elements lover
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg435982#msg435982
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2011, 03:08:02 pm »
Tried again it said thanks but i do not see my bet registred..

Nvm it worked
TEAM
War Se7en

Offline vidurkhanna

• Reputation Power: 2
  • vidurkhanna is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg437424#msg437424
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2011, 12:59:55 pm »
do i have to bet for all rounds?

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Elements lover
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg437651#msg437651
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2011, 09:42:53 pm »
If you want to have a chance to win yes.
TEAM
War Se7en

anything
blarg: