*Author

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247030#msg1247030
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2016, 04:25:54 pm »
I don't question that Admins can delete accounts, merely if it's ever happened to community members, and not spambots. I've never heard of a situation where people have actually requested their accounts deleted instead of drifting off quietly (or with a rant and barbs towards rivals). In any case, my argument is still that a team consists of five forum account entities/members. Strictly. Two people sharing a forum account is fine as long as each of those people have only access to that one forum account. Is it stated in the rules that two people cannot share an account? I've only heard that one person cannot have more than one account, not the other way around.

So, it is ok to have my whole family helping me with my vault organizing and deckbuilding at War with my ARTHANASIOS forum account. Yep, I am exaggerating, again...
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247031#msg1247031
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2016, 04:27:00 pm »
As long as they don't have their own forum accounts, yes. Invite your whole city while you're at it, but if a person in that city has their own forum account then nope.
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247033#msg1247033
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2016, 04:27:41 pm »
I don't question that Admins can delete accounts, merely if it's ever happened to community members, and not spambots. I've never heard of a situation where people have actually requested their accounts deleted instead of drifting off quietly (or with a rant and barbs towards rivals). In any case, my argument is still that a team consists of five forum account entities/members. Strictly. Two people sharing a forum account is fine as long as each of those people have only access to that one forum account. Is it stated in the rules that two people cannot share an account? I've only heard that one person cannot have more than one account, not the other way around.

So, it is ok to have my whole family helping me with my vault organizing and deckbuilding at War with my ARTHANASIOS forum account. Yep, I am exaggerating, again...

i would love to have your parents/siblings build decks against gravity... :D
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247035#msg1247035
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2016, 04:30:56 pm »
Yes, people have requested deletion before.

The forum rules allow for forum account sharing, and there are no in-game rules for or against account sharing. That's why War has a rule against sharing information. Sharing an account is sharing information.

There's been a similar discussion for tournaments where people were cooperating during deckbuilding and even in-game decisions. It's been frowned upon and filed under the "honor code" that applies to all games in general, but there's no written rule against it. That's why organizers have the authority to act on a case-by-case basis and add new rules as needed. In other words, a TO could punish you for this kind of cheating even if it wasn't in writing, simply because it's obviously cheating. Perhaps adding this in writing to tournaments would help set a precedent.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247036#msg1247036
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2016, 04:33:18 pm »
Yes, people have requested deletion before.

The forum rules allow for forum account sharing, and there are no in-game rules for or against account sharing. That's why War has a rule against sharing information. Sharing an account is sharing information.

There's been a similar discussion for tournaments where people were cooperating during deckbuilding and even in-game decisions. It's been frowned upon and filed under the "honor code" that applies to all games in general, but there's no written rule against it. That's why organizers have the authority to act on a case-by-case basis and add new rules as needed. In other words, a TO could punish you for this kind of cheating even if it wasn't in writing, simply because it's obviously cheating. Perhaps adding this in writing to tournaments would help set a precedent.

kinda offtopic but i have seen people prep for tourneys together. I have seen vets help out newbies with tourney to help them improve. I dont see anything wrong with it personally.
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247037#msg1247037
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2016, 04:34:33 pm »

The entity is not sharing information, as the entity is the account. That two people can access the account doesn't seem to be significant to me, as they always act as one entity in this forum. There is no sharing of information with unauthorized entities.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247038#msg1247038
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2016, 04:36:11 pm »
The rules state "a player", not "an account".
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247039#msg1247039
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2016, 04:38:11 pm »
The account entity "serprex" is the player. I think we're going into semantics at this point. You are advocating that the rules refer to people on an individual basis, whereas I am interpreting the rules to apply to account entities, which are usually but not always one person.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247040#msg1247040
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2016, 04:39:50 pm »
i would love to have your parents/siblings build decks against gravity... :D

Beware, I've managed to convince my mom to make an EtG game account a few months ago, though she stopped playing. :(
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247041#msg1247041
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2016, 04:40:11 pm »
I'm with no penalty for light. We should appreciate honesty rather than penalise it. WMs can't prove serp asked kae without serp saying.
Honesty is a quality, but that is only an extenuating circumstance. It does not remove the fault (which is what is discussed right now, i believe).

Also, yall need to remember than rules & laws are blunt weapons, not cutting. While the discussion surely helps, i believe the matter is more in WMs hand and should in future cases always stay there, because that's what allows for a maximum of flexibility. I don't believe you could fairly hard-code all the different instances of this happening in the rules, ever.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247042#msg1247042
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2016, 04:41:26 pm »
The account entity "serprex" is the player. I think we're going into semantics at this point. You are advocating that the rules refer to people on an individual basis, whereas I am interpreting the rules to apply to account entities, which are usually but not always one person.
Semantics are important for clearing out ambiguity.

Imagine someone getting caught cheating and defending themselves with the argument that "I thought "player" meant "account" in the rules". There is a 0% chance they avoid punishment. Those two words clearly mean different things.

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
Re: War #10 - General Discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62475.msg1247043#msg1247043
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2016, 04:46:10 pm »
I am interacting you as "Aves." Aves is an account. There is one person sitting behind a computer screen acting as Aves. However, in an alternate reality, it could be two people acting as Aves. Any rules inside these forums apply to members of the forum. Members are by definition, accounts, not people. Though there is usually a one to relation, it is not always the case. Is it stated that one player is one person, rather than one account? The default assumption for any entities here should always refer to accounts, as I see no reason for it to refer to persons, as persons are not what the rules refer to.

anything
blarg: