*Author

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg104581#msg104581
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 02:34:58 pm »
Ahand yet again, darkness will not be fighting earth.  Random seeding FTW!
well u have to remmber we started out with 6 pplz from 12 diffrent elements, thats like 6*12=X! and for those that arnt mathematically inclined, X! = 72! wich then = 1*2*3*4*5*6... etc, all the way up to *72 >>A VERY BIG NUMBER MY ti 83 cant calculate it "ERR: OVERFLOW" XD<< , thats how many diffren seeds u could have lol, divide that by 12! is 479001600 btw and thats like the chances of not runnin into an elements per round >>thats a big exaggeration but meh u get my point =P<<

Edit: i apologize for this, i got carried away with the mathematical probability of them not facing darkness in a single round, really the chances of them not facing darkness per round is 72 to 6, its the 4th round not runnin into darkness that it gets into that kinda complicated math >>to many candy bars<<
You're also forgetting that a person can't play against someone from their team.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg104583#msg104583
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 02:38:56 pm »
My predictions:

1. :light xdude (close match)
   2. :death TheoCT

3. :entropy jmizzle7 (close)
   4. :darkness miniwally

5. :light Dragoon
   6. :fire Antagon (Winner)

7. :fire kevkev60614
   8. :light Helios (close)

9. :light Candle
  10. :earth Azumi (Close)

11. :death MrBlonde (close)
  12. :fire cokeandaspirin

13. :fire plastiqe
  14. :earth $$$man (close)

15. :light implosion (close)
  16. :earth PuppyChow

17. :earth Didonko
  18. :gravity xKelevra (close)

19. :fire Corrum (close)
  20. :death Malduk

21. :gravity PhantomFox (close)
  22. :darkness Troh

23. :time Xinef (close)
  24. :earth Demagog

25. :light Hobnob5000
  26. :entropy Zeru (close)

27. :death Mastermind79
  28. :entropy Flare (close)

29. :darkness Bloodshadow (close)
  30. :entropy Svenningen

31. :gravity Smokefree
  32. :earth Terroking (winner)
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Malduk

Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg104660#msg104660
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 04:59:48 pm »
I would imagine that teams had some idea what they were going to (or could) play, and simply make the necessary adjustments during those 48 hours after seeing this new seeding. Teams that took a holiday during those "dark days" and have planned nothing, only have themselves to blame.
Yes, I was seeded against :darkness first time, now I'm against :fire . One is heavily limited in their vault, and good in stall/denial, while other is tied on the second place, great rusher with control. Simple adjustments.

Warmaster has the final say in everything, and he most likely knows more details about the situation than regular players.
Details:
- they tried to play, desync happened several times
- they made a post about it: "After about five desyncs, neither of us were feeling like continuing anymore, so what happens?"
- you said: "Use replacements."
- nothing happened, deadline passed
- 4 days later killdazombies says "hey guys, go play your match"
- PF says: "I'm going to have to forfiet this one."

If Warmaster has more details than this, why not write them down for everyone to see? Transparency is a good thing.
If thats all there is to it, why were they given 4 extra days for their match?

We throw the match, and get penalty for having 2 upped cards in a losing deck because rules are rules.
They delay seeding for the whole round, and... one team gets a win AND salvage. If they used replacement like every other team out there, they would be penalized for not being able to salvage.

Decision has been made, yes. Some explanation on that decision would be nice.

3 days for deckbuilding AND DISCARDING AND SALVAGING.  I didn't forget the rules.  Discarding and salvaging began last Friday.  If you split the rule in half it would be a day and a half for discarding and salving and a day and a half for deckbuilding.  I have given you 2 days for deckbuilding and you have had over 4 days for deckbuilding and salvaging.  You will have had about 6 days to do everything needed by the end of it all.

I really apologize if some of you feel rushed but this really should be more than enough time.  As many people have pointed out this is the first ever war and my first week in this first war.  Lets all try to get through this and take it as a learning experience and we will improve War 2.
I agree, lets take this as a learning experience.

Now, if someone can help me out here I'll be a very grateful man: we in :death team make decisions about salvaging after we see our opponents and check out if there are any cards to salvage that would help us make decks for next round. After 18 matches, deckbuilding is not as simple as picking cards from the Vault.
How do you warmasters salvage cards before knowing your opponent? I'm just a player, and thus obviously less experienced in those stuff, so I have no idea how to salvage cards blindly.

Are we really in such rush to end this war to make special rules just to save one day?

Why am I making such a big deal about it: because sometimes you have to live real life, and deckbuilding is not just picking cards from the vault. There are other people in the team that live in different timezones, that you have to communicate with before hogging cards for you deck.
It is beginning of the WORKING week.

PuppyChow

Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg104676#msg104676
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 05:11:47 pm »
They delay seeding for the whole round, and... one team gets a win AND salvage. If they used replacement like every other team out there, they would be penalized for not being able to salvage.
When SG learned that Phantom forfeited after the deadline had pasted, he said that changes things.

Both teams lost.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg104680#msg104680
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 05:22:14 pm »
Now, I don't mind too much about losing a day in deck building. But, I don't accept being told bs. That shows lack of respect towards all the players participating.

This deck building phase lasted 4 days? Lolwut? So, we made deck for 2 different rounds, but, since one of them didn't happen, the time wasted there counts as time we had to think about how to combat... erm... all potential future seedings?  ::)

Also, we, team Light, didn't do anything while the seeding was clearly wrong. And what exactly could we have done? Make random decks?

Again, I have no problem with shrinking the time limit (although I'd rather not), but I do have problems with being bs'ed and told it's my fault, when the Warmasters failed to do the seedings. Not us.

3 days for deckbuilding AND DISCARDING AND SALVAGING.  I didn't forget the rules.  Discarding and salvaging began last Friday.  If you split the rule in half it would be a day and a half for discarding and salving and a day and a half for deckbuilding.  I have given you 2 days for deckbuilding and you have had over 4 days for deckbuilding and salvaging.  You will have had about 6 days to do everything needed by the end of it all.
OK, so we should, again, salvage at random, hoping we get good cards for the decks we'll have to do? This is just ridiculous...
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Malduk

Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg104681#msg104681
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 05:25:00 pm »
When SG learned that Phantom forfeited after the deadline had pasted, he said that changes things.

Both teams lost.
That is why some transparency in decisions would be nice. Where does it say both teams lost? According to standings table, win was given to :darkness .

Scaredgirl

Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg104687#msg104687
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 05:33:44 pm »
Listen. Warmasters are busy. They don't have time to explain every little decision, nor are they required to do so. If we started a community wide discussion/poll on every single incident, this event would never be finished.

The decision has been made and round 4 seeding has been done. Whether or not it was the best possible decision is irrelevant. :darkness got the win. It's over. I suggest that instead of talking about what happened during round 3, you concentrate on round 4 deckbuilding.

Clock is ticking.

Now, I don't mind too much about losing a day in deck building. But, I don't accept being told bs. That shows lack of respect towards all the players participating.
This is War and anything can happen. Sure it would be nice to have that extra day, but the thing is that some teams didn't communicate with Warmasters which is why the seeding got postponed. We are running behind schedule so we need to rush forward.

It's not the best possible scenario and I understand that it sucks when you have to rush these things but at least this 2 day rule affects all teams, so everyone is equally badly prepared.

Malduk

Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg104696#msg104696
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 05:42:28 pm »
Listen. Warmasters are busy. They don't have time to explain every little decision, nor are they required to do so. If we started a community wide discussion/poll on every single incident, this event would never be finished.

The decision has been made and round 4 seeding has been done. Whether or not it was the best possible decision is irrelevant. :darkness got the win. It's over. I suggest that instead of talking about what happened during round 3, you concentrate on round 4 deckbuilding.

Clock is ticking.

Listen. It is not a little decision. It is a decision about 36 cards of one element and as such important to all players in the war. If we cant talk about what is going on in the war 1, how do we expect for war 2 to be any better?

We are not allowed to question decisions? To discuss about those? Its not like something new and unpredictable happened, so decision was left to warmasters. Situation that happened was already regulated by the rules. We cant ask why they went against the rules because they are busy?

syco666

Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg104702#msg104702
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 05:51:17 pm »

Clock is ticking.

Listen. It is not a little decision. It is a decision about 36 cards of one element and as such important to all players in the war. If we cant talk about what is going on in the war 1, how do we expect for war 2 to be any better?

We are not allowed to question decisions? To discuss about those? Its not like something new and unpredictable happened, so decision was left to warmasters. Situation that happened was already regulated by the rules. We cant ask why they went against the rules because they are busy?
you would never make it in the military would u?

the warmasters are as the name implies, THE MASTERS OF THE WAR, weather or not u agree or disagree, they have the final ruling on this stuff, even if they are totally wrong, they are, in this event, your senior, meaning u listen, nod yes, and carry on. id like to see u talk back this way to an RDC or a Drill Sargent >.>

Scaredgirl

Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg104704#msg104704
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 05:58:09 pm »
We are not allowed to question decisions? To discuss about those?
Yes, of course. That's why we have the "WAR - Suggestions and Feedback (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,6922.0.html)" topic. This topic is about round 4 deckbuilding.

Think of it as football (or soccer). The ref makes a call that you disagree with. Is the game put on halt until he explains everything to Malduk? No. The game continues, and people can talk about it the next day on the forums, in the paper, at work, etc.

I will now start removing off-topic posts if they still appear on this topic. Remember everyone, this is about round 4 deckbuilding, not what happened in the past.

$$$man

Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg105232#msg105232
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 06:50:06 am »
In the earth section in round 4 decks the decks are on the last page and not the first. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Scaredgirl

Re: Round 4 - Deckbuilding https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8854.msg105458#msg105458
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 01:21:01 pm »
Topic Locked!

blarg: