*Author

Offline Nelde95Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Nelde95 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I don't post much.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
460x460 Fire Mark remastered https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57443.msg1176945#msg1176945
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:56:48 pm »
I wanted to use the fire mark for an Elements danmaku game I'm making, but the largest version I could find was too small.
As such I created a 460x460 version, using the 120x120 version as underlay.
Spoiler for Fire Mark:
:firebig
My 460x460 version
(click to enlarge)
120x120 version
Programs used: Gimp 2.0 and OpenOffice Draw.
Edit: added a comparison to the standard big version, so it's easier to see where I've done a less good job of making an exact copy.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:51:09 am by nelde59 »
Still lurking every now and then.

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: 460x460 Fire Mark remastered https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57443.msg1176962#msg1176962
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 02:28:16 am »
Nice nelde :)
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 460x460 Fire Mark remastered https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57443.msg1176971#msg1176971
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 03:06:44 am »
This IS nice, though I think your lines are a little blurry. Unless, of course, that's what you're going for. Still, here's what happened when I ran it through a generic sharpen tool.

Still a bit blurry. Oh well, you know what I mean.

Great job regardless. One can't enlarge images without making them blurrier, so larger is better!
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

• I don't post much.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 460x460 Fire Mark remastered https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57443.msg1177006#msg1177006
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 11:32:05 am »
The blur was done manually using gimps blur tool. It was just a result of my own (strange and biased) opinion, where I don't really like it when pictures go instantly from one color to another, as I find it that it makes it more visible where the border between the pixels are. That's not saying that I too think that I overdid it a bit.

Edit: I'm now working on the other elements if there's any interest in those as well.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:42:50 am by nelde59 »

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 460x460 Fire Mark remastered https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57443.msg1177007#msg1177007
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 11:50:26 am »
iirc Kami made vectorial versions of the icons a long time ago, which basically means you can make the marks as large as you want without losing resolution

I don't remember where the thread is though.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

• I don't post much.
Re: 460x460 Fire Mark remastered https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57443.msg1177009#msg1177009
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 12:20:05 pm »
iirc Kami made vectorial versions of the icons a long time ago, which basically means you can make the marks as large as you want without losing resolution

I don't remember where the thread is though.
I know.
Some people in chat reminded me after the fire mark was complete, but then I had already made it. So I figured I'd just continue making my own versions. (I am, as I said, only really making these so I can use higher resolution versions for the Elements danmaku game I'm making. However I figured they might be of some use to others as well... maybe, but the fact remains that the vector versions are probably better.)

anything
blarg: