*Author

Offline LeodipTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122163#msg1122163
« on: January 20, 2014, 02:50:20 pm »
Preface:
It's almost been an year since I started playing Element and, even though I may not have as much experience as other veterans, I developed my own. I suffer from noob-complex, I always think of myself as a newbie, even if I played a game for years, and, while this is pretty bad itself, it makes it easier to comprehend other newbies and giving them directions for continuing their game. I have, indeed, given tips to many newcomers to the game in this three-fourths of an year I've been playing elements. We may say that, if I'm not a veteran in element itself, I'm a veteran with tutorials, having read each one of them (most likely) and given helps to many newbies.
That said, this Tutorial is called the Tutorial of Tutorials not for no reason. I'll be linking many tutorials from around the forum, I'll be quoting many veteran's decks and linking you to studies and such. This could even be your introduction to foruming, because that's another needed step in the growth of an elemental.
I'll give you multiple choices and ideas for each step, but this doesn't mean you won't be able to deviate from the tutorial and follow your own way. You may even come here in the middle, even if you are level 20, it never is too late to read this tutorial (and, mind you, reading the tutorial doesn't mean following it).
I suggest you to read this whole before starting following it, you may find other options you like better than the one I explained before (and does it hurt to read?).
Let's start this:

Growing up as an Elemental
Choosing an Element
Many of those who are reading this tutorial have most likely already chosen an element, but some may have regretted that and maybe wanted to restart their account. Well, here's the tutorial for starting a new account, I couldn't have done it better than Chapuz and Jmizzle.
If I were to restart my account (and definitely wouldn't want that), I would start with Darkness and change it to Aether (more explanations later). Other good choices could be Death and Darkness itself (will explain later).

Starting your fights
With the decks you made following the previous tutorial you should already be able to play against AI3 (or AI4), but the quests kindly ask you to fight AI0, so why not? You'll find it overly easy and get rewards from it. After AI0 you'll have to fight AI1 and AI2. The quests about the baazar will already be done so you can get your rewards and you'll unlock the oracle. The oracle is that good guy who gives you a companion (pet) that'll stay with you for three games, some money and a card. Basically, he'll be giving you free money on a daily basis. Don't forget to get him every day.

Starting your SERIOUS fights
The next rewards ask you to get 150 and 500 score, so why not play in the whiletime?
Based on which element you started to go with you'll be "grinding" (the actually of continuously playing against a certain opponent) a certain AI, most likely AI3.
However, there's another option: Halfbloods. Halfbloods are incredibly strong for the double of the reward. Amongst those, following Deckbuilding 101, only Aether is almost ready to face AI4. Why would I recommend you to play against those extremely strong guys for a measly double reward while in the same time you could play two or even three games against AI3 and get more Electrums? Because you'll be gambling with them. If you read ColorlessGreen's Study about Halfbloods, you should see how you get an average 104 electrums per win. Where do those electrums come from? It's time you learnt about upgraded cards (often referred as upped or ups). Upgraded cards are cards you'll get your hands on later. They are improved versions of other cards and, you won't believe it, it costs 1500 electrums to upgrade a card. Winning an upped card from Halfbloods means winning a card worth around 1100 electrums, which is a blast of money if you're lucky enough to pull it off frequently.
In ColorlessGreen's Study that I already linked you, there are some of the top decks. Some of them are even almost affordable by now, so you should aim for them. Specifically, the Psion Fractal Massacre could be a good choice if you started with Aether, while HGBG is, counteractively, doable with Darkness after the first quests.
Some players, though, don't like playing AI4 because they find it too much of a gamble and just stick to AI3 until they can afford to move on. If you prefer AI3, I would recommend you either Darkness or Death, respectively aiming for regen2k9's Unupped Monodark and MrBlonde's Mono AI3 Farmer. Other elements have good decks to aim for, but those two are the best around.

After 150 and 500 Score
After getting the 150 Score quest, you'll be asked to get to 500 score. With 500 score you'll be given a rare card, a rare weapon. Each element has a rare weapon. A guide to pick your rare weapon is in plastiqe's tutorial.

Arena, building
You're a new player, so you most likely won't have a good enough card pool to attempt submitting a deck into the arena, but you don't lose anything, so trying isn't bad. This requires creativity because, in order to prevent the decks being on being all the same, you'll be building a deck which has 5 copies (unremovable) of the card the oracle gave you that day. In the main menu, go to "The Arena" and then "Build a New Deck". You'll find some stats. By using your skill points, you can improve your deck by giving it advantages over other decks.
Give it a shot.

Arena, playing
If you chose either Darkness or Death and have one of the Monos I suggested you, you'll be able to play in the lower leagues of the Arena. The lower leagues of arena are Bronze and Silver, the easiest ones. As seen in Elbirn's Decks Used Against Arena with Stats 1.32, mono-darkness holds a good place as one of the bests unupped bronze farmers.
However, you may be wondering, "why would I want to play in Bronze? It looks way harder than AI". Indeed, it is. It is harder than AI3, but it has a thing you won't get playing against AI3, no matter how much you play: Special Spins. A Special Spin (often referred to as SS) is a Spin that occurs when you win 5 games in a row in bronze and 4 in silver that is composed solely of rare cards, and gives you the possibility to spin each reel up to three times. If you spin the reels the best way possible, you'll have a 73,92% probability of winning a rare card, as shown by The Dictator's Study. What's more, thanks to ColorlessGreen's Study about Unified Efficiency Index, we have a thing called SSPH, Special Spins Per Hour. As shown in the Deck Used Against Arena with Stats 1.32, regen2k9's Monodark has a SSPH of 3.01. This means you'll get around 3 Special Spins in an hour, and you're likely to get at least 2 rare cards, if not 3. Other than this, you should consider the regular spins, from which you could get other cards.
Farming bronze is, then, needed in order to build your card pool with cards that cannot be bought in the baazar.

About UEI
ColorlessGreen's study I previously linked is a generally accepted method to calculate how efficient a deck is, bluntly put. When you read "UEI: 1374.88" (number taken from the stats of the monodark) it means that selling all the cards you get from the various spins will result in winning around 1374 electrums in an hour. (I'll just remind you that you shouldn't sell all the cards you win because, as kev explained in Money Management, selling a card means that you lose about 40% of its value if you need to buy it back. This doesn't mean you definitely shouldn't sell cards, but if it isn't needed it is better to keep them.)
Winning that much money in one hour means that you could or not advance to the next step.

Totally unupped False God Farming
False Gods are unlocked after choosing your rare weapon. They are extremely strong opponents, with the Halfblood's advantages and better designed decks. Even a fully upped deck cannot keep up with them with a 90% Winrate, so how can we face them when we have no way to get that expensive of a deck? God bless Chapuz and his Firecell FG OTK. The deck only costs 1300 electrums, so in a little more than an hour of bronze farming with the monodark, or after winning an upped card from AI4, you should be able to build this deck.
However, I ask of you to test it in the Trainer before buying it because, if you're like me, you may find it stressful to play and may prefer continuing your regular grinding. If you can, instead, endure it, you'll get to one of the parts of the game I liked the best.

(Bonus Step) Easier False Gods
With your daily oracle, you'll see a prediction for the next false god. This prediction only lasts for your next game and you'll lose it if you close element's tab.
Knowing your opponent is a great advantage wherever you are, and this is as true in elements. In this board, majofa has posted various unupped decks to fight the FG of the day which have a good winrate. Try to use them, if possible, because spinning three times a reel made of upped cards if pretty appealing.

Those 9000 Electrums were needed, weren't they?
When you manage to get 9k electrums (actually, a little more) you'll be able to build Chapuz's (once again) Limitless Speed FG OTK. This is one of the most awesome decks to play FGs with only 6 ups and no rares. It boasts a good win rate and you should be able to get those 9000 electrums back in not too much time. Even if Pella's FGei (which is about to be replaced by The Dictator's False Gods Stats Thread) hasn't determined yet Limitless Speed's FGei (which is comparable to UEI, given that this one is expressed in Electrums/Hour, too), I may guess it is around 4500 or more Electrums/Hour, meaning that in merely two hours you'll be actually earning electrums.
You can grind FGs for electrums and upped cards, and when you get bored, you can play in bronze or silver for a change of pace.

Here comes the big money
I know, it's quite the jump, but your next deck is going to cost you around 45k Electrums.
Let's first recap what we have until now:
A good unupped AI3/AI4 farmer;
A decent unupped bronze farmer;
A good FG farmer.
What's more, as of now, you gain so much money that buying a full unupgraded deck is pocket money to you.
We have a way to grind upped cards, and thus Electrums, so we need to keep increasing our card pool. How are we going to do that? You should already know that the answer is "Arena". The Arena is the best way to get rare cards, both via regular spins and via Special Spins, but maybe our Bronze farmer isn't that effective, only 3 SS in an hour isn't much, and you probably noticed you aren't getting many rares from regular spins. This happens because the cards you get from the regular spins are cards from the opponent deck, and the opponent deck is the deck of someone who has a somewhat low level and probably hasn't gotten many rares himself.
In order to get rares, we need to get to an higher level of the arena. How?
We're gonna play in Silver, it has good rewards, so it'll net you money while playing, the players have a good amount of rares and special spins occur every 4 wins. Gold and Platinum are still too hard for us.
Checking back on our best friend Decks Used Against Arena with Stats 1.32, we can look for some affordable upped decks for Silver. The results are dm1321's OTADA and Tiko's Bone Collector.
You should choose which deck to pick based both on the rares you have and your preferences. For example, the Bone Collector only needs a rare, meaning you could get that with your quest for the rare weapon. If you want the OTADA, but don't have all the discords needed, you may get a nice AI3 deck and farm there, because two of the Elder's decks have Discord in it, making it possible to get it from spins. If you want to check which decks they are and if there are other rares you need, check majofa's list of all AI3 decks
While I did this part with the bone collector, if I were to do this again, it'd probably be OTADA for two reasons:
1.Has an higher UEI and SSPH, means it'll net you better results, even though it has a lower WR (however, when I went through this, UEI didn't exist, so there was no way to effectively say that one deck was better than another one);
2.It gives you the basis for a PSNBow (learn about them in Acsabi44's guide to PSNBows).
With an UEI of about 4000 Electrums/Hour, it will be a slow recovery in terms of money, but you'll be expanding your card pool with a lot of rares for even better decks later on.
Good luck expanding your collection.

Here comes the big money 2
There's another deck which looks quite good for Arena farming, kev's Arena TADA 1.32. From the stats, it looks pretty good, even though I haven't tried it myself (will, though, as soon as possible). It has a slightly lower SSPH, according to the Decks Used Against Arena, and a slightly lower Winrate. Even though, it has an higher UEI and a lower TTW.
The difference is so little that I would even say you could choose the one you like the best, but there's another difference: this one works, apparently, pretty good in gold and decently in platinum. In Gold and Platinum it has, respectively, an UEI of about 6300 Electrums/Hour and about 7100 Electrums/Hour, with almost 3 SSPH in Gold and 3,25 SSPH in Platinum.
This means that the deck can be used both to farm unupped rares in Silver and money and some upped rares in Gold/Plat.
However, the reason I didn't write this deck in the last paragraph is that I wanted you to prefer Bone Collector, a good deck to make experience in control decks, or OTADA, to make you learn about PSNBows. Having a PSNBow also means you have an easier access to a lot of other good decks. Even though, I felt it was necessary to name this deck because it is pretty good, giving you the possibility to play in Gold and Platinum (preferably Platinum) with this few rares.

This is getting expensive again
Well, it's not like we have any choice, once the game gets harder, if you don't want to go back on your steps you have to spend again.
When should you get to this step from the one before? When you've got enough cards for one of the following decks, and only if you like it.
Sevs' Poison Dial SoSac is an awesome deck I came to like. It is actually one of the best decks to farm Platinum (there are better decks for Gold) and it works awesomely against FGs. It has an FGei of about 8000 Electrums/Hour against FGs and an uncalculated but guessable UEI of 8000 in Platinum. Even though this is purely speculation, I think it has a SSPH of about 4 in Platinum, so it'll net you around 3 upped rares per hour. It needs at least 6 Shard of Sacrifice and 3 Shard of Divinity, but depending on the build it may be playing 4 or even 5 SoDs.
Keeps' The Brave Malignant Ball that Could has a FGei of about 9000 Electrums/Hour, according to the official FGei, but keeps himself says that by playing only certain gods, the FGei can rise up to 12k Electrums/Hour, the better rate of Electrums/Hour in the whole game. If you manage to use it the best way possible, it'll be your best source of Electrums. Period. However, there are no stats for this in the Arena, so I don't have a good idea of how much it'll net. I guess it won't be too much, though. I'd get this deck only in order to farm FGs for Electrums. Needs 4 Shards of Sacrifice, 6 Shards of Bravery and 3 Shards of Patience.
iancudorinmarian's Mono Air Rush is a good example of a SoFree deck, even though they're highly customizable. For example, I play it without Sky Dragons but with Eagle's Eyes. This kind of deck is awesome in Bronze and Silver, according to the Decks Used Against Arena topic, but, to me, it worked pretty good in gold, too.
An alternative build (if we may call it a variant) is Dark Ripper's SoB Air Rush. It plays with Shards of Bravery to speed up the game even more, recording almost 8 SSPH in Silver. However I remember there was a meta in which I played this in Gold winning the 80% of the games, so, based on the meta, this could be the best deck around for Gold. It got me so many upped rares that I may say it built my Poison Dial by itself.
Needs at least 5 Shards of Freedom (and at least 5 Shards of Bravery in the bravery version).
Faro's Speed Poison Kamikaze is considered (and is the one I'm currently using) the best deck for Gold in terms of UEI and SSPH. It can net you about 8500 Electrums in an hour of gaming and with an SSPH of 4 you'll probably get 3 upped rares in an hour from the Special Spins alongside the regular spins which will, probably, be filled with rares with a pretty good winrate, too.
This requires at least 5 Shards of Bravery and 5 Shards of Sacrifice.

Congratulations!
You are now at an awesome point of the game, you are able to farm for cards and for electrums efficiently, but this doesn't mean that you have no more aims, let's see a couple:
1.Reigning a League, having at least once one of your decks in the first place of the arena is a dream for many elementals, expecially if the league you're talking about is Platinum;
2.Winning Tournaments, the forum gets tournaments running every week, both upgraded and unupgraded, and winning there results in getting incredibly rare cards and a good amount of money;
3.Getting a "Trainer Edition", if you're able to get yourself in Dragoon's topic, well, you're awesome;
4.Getting to level 80, if you're able to get yourself in dragonsdemesne's club, you're part of the elite of elements;
5.Creating awesome decks, being original is always a good thing and, who knows, you may even create an effective deck.

This is mostly all for growing up as an elemental, but there are other two parts of this tutorial coming, they'll be up in at most a week.
Good Luck in your journey.

• Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122164#msg1122164
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 02:50:58 pm »
Side Quests
Slacking off
I know that feeling, most of the times, Grinding feels annoying. You know, it is needed, so you shouldn't give up, but sometimes slacking off is just nice, isn't it?
What should you do when you feel like resting from mindless (or mindful) grinding? This is what the first part of the Side Quests covers.
However, keep in mind, not grinding doesn't mean it may not need hard work, it just breaks your routine with more entertaining and interesting stuff.
[I recommend following this first part of the tutorial after reaching "Those 9000 Electrums were needed, weren't they?".]

PvP1
You probably noticed, in the main screen, a button with PvP 1 written over it. What's this? Let's start defining PvP, first. PvP (Player Versus Player) is an enviroment in which Players face other Players, instead of the usual PvE (Player Versus Enviroment) you've been playing most of the time. PvP 1 (mostly called PvP1, as I will from now on) is, then, a place where players fight each other with only a restriction on their decks: they have to be unupped. Aside that, you're allowed to play anything, from Shards to Nymphs. PvP1 meta has been explained in furballdn's guide to the game so well that I don't feel the need to explain that even more (click on the spoiler called PvP1).

Introduction to Deckbuilding
If you're going to play into PvP1 there's one skill you may need, and it's called Deckbuilding. Deckbuilding is the act of, obviously enough, building a Deck, linked to the process of creating one. You may find building an original deck a pretty hard feat, expecially because of the restricted card pool Elements offers, but it's pretty useful to learn this skill now, because you may need it in a later time. You may like Scaredgirl's 9 Tips for Better Deckbuilding and jmdt's guide. Don't let their date scare you, even though years passed over them and some cards were added, some were buffed, some were nerfed, the theory under it is still quite solid.
Let's recap this, though:
1.Think about what should your deck do and build according to that, if it's a rush, adding tons of CCs will most likely be useless, while a couple of PCs may be nice;
2.Think about who you'll be fighting with this deck, if it is AI4, you'll have to account that a 100-HP OTK won't be winning, while a 200-HP one may be exaggerated;
3.Unless you plan on making a trio or quartet, try to keep the deck as simple as possible;
4.Play copies of a card according to how much it is needed, 5/6 is a good number for cards you'd want more often in your hand, 3/4 for either support cards or cards which are needed as soon as possible but would clog your hand after the first one, and 1/2 for "techs", cards which aren't really needed in the strategy, but are nice;
5.Balance the deck quanta-wisely, try to fine-tune your deck in order to get a good amount of quanta;
6.Unless you're going for a stall (and even this has exceptions), try to keep the number of cards to a minimum, to improve your chances of drawing a certain card;
7.Test and tune your deck until you think it's finished.

Deckbuilding
An example often is worth more than a lot of guides put together.
Let's say we want to build a deck, but we have no idea. The first thing to do is finding a basic concept. For example, I myself wanted to try a fun deck without aiming to competitiveness using Skeletons+Reverse Time to generate random creatures.
Given that Skeleton is the main card, we will need 6 of it. We then need a thing to Reverse skeleton's time. The options are only two: Reverse Time and Eternity. However, being Eternity a weapon, we cannot play too many copies of it, because other copies would be dead, so we'll just use it to support our strategy and play 6 Reverse Time with 2 Eternities.
Given that Skeleton is a really cheap creature, costing 1 :death, we may as well "splash" them (splashing is a term that refers to playing some cards fueling them only with the mark's quanta).
For now let's just fill out the rest with Time Pillars.
I played the first game against AI3. It kind of worked out, got definitely too much quanta and won just by spamming Eternity's reverse times on opponent's creatures locking down the AI's game and beating the opponent with a Mummy obtained from rewinding a Skeleton and Eternity. This definitely has too much Time quanta, so we may drop some of the 16 pillars we have for something else. Looking at Time cards a couple of cards seem acceptable: Fate egg, to keep the random theme, Procrastination, to slow down the opponent, and Precognition, which should increase the probabilities of drawing needed cards sooner.
Let's review them:
Fate Egg probably isn't needed, it's kind of costy (4 Time Quanta total) to do the same thing a Rewind+Skeleton does, so we may discard this idea;
Procrastination looks good, but 6 :time isn't simply ignorable, but we were just complaining how we had so much Time Quanta;
Precognition looks good, too, doesn't cost much and lets you see your opponent's hand while drawing a card.
There are, then, two builds we should try: -2 Time Pillars +2 Procrastinations AND -6 Time Pillars +6 Precognition.
I decide to start from the latter.
I barely win this game, too, but it was way too close. Dropping to 10 Time Pillars resulted being too little and my hand overflowed with Precognition, while an opponent's Discord made me have so little quanta that I couldn't reverse time anymore at times (even though it let me activate my card's effects). As we saw in the theory, a support card should be played in 3/4 copies, so let's try that. Let's add back 2 Time Pillars and drop 2 precognitions.
Playing one game, this looked way more balanced. I only drew one Skeleton in the whole game, but that was due to bad luck. I had a slow start, without any skeletons but playing two precognitions made me get a couple of cards and finally managed to get a skeleton which turned into a Phase Dragon which slowly chipped away my opponent's HPs. While I got a slow start, though, it's not like the AI started awesomelly. Instead, it sticked for a couple of turns with only an Owl's Eye which did nothing to my Phase Dragon and, when it finally managed to draw into a Firefly Queen in the fourth turn, I had already a couple of reverse times in hand and a little later I drew into Eternity which definitely sealed the game. The build looks promising, so I'll stick with this for some games.
After playtesting it, the fact that it is a fun deck (not meant to be particularly strong, as I said at the beginning of the deckbuilding) is obvious. Its strong side is the fact that it has tons of CCs and, if you get lucky, you may get up to 2/3 dragons in a game, meaning that you will even outrush your opponent.
By playing this and noticing how CC-heavy it was, it became obvious that Procrastination wouldn't help, so here's my current build.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Who said only Entropy has randomness? (RewindedSkeletons)
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52m 52m 52m 52m 52m 52m 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5ro 5ro 5rr 5rr 5rr 5rr 8pk
It indeed is simple, but pretty consistent, even though it's RNG-based.
You may try your hand at this, too, by choosing which combination of cards to base your deck on.
If you want a couple of ideas, Chapuz wrote a nice list of combinations of cards that you can use to get some ideas to try building your deck.

Deckbuilding Theory, Math
While, like when cooking, taste-testing a deck by playing games with it is a valid method, some may prefer to use some more mathematical ways to approach a problem like this.
Scaredgirl's Quanta Index is a nice example of a mathematical approach to a problem often solved by continuously testing. It uses a ratio to calculate how many pillars should be needed. It is better used for Monos, because otherwise it may conflict with the probabilities of drawing a pillar before the cards you want to power (example, it may say that having an Abomination and an Entropy Pillar in a deck which doesn't use Entropy is balanced). Trying this on the previous deck, we have 32 :time only in order to activate cards, and considering how much we use Eternity's skill, we may account for its cost*3, meaning 9, for a total of 50 quanta. The deck packs 12 Pillars, which means that the QI is 50/12, almost 4,17. This means that we are actually flooded with quanta, however, considering that we use Eternity's skill even more than 7/8 times a game, this could actually be balanced.
Most of the times, taste-testing is needed in order to fine-tune your deck, and you'll eventually learn to understand if a deck is balanced of not by just glancing at it.
Coinich introduced the odds of drawing certain cards without accounting for mulligan and working only for a single card. Here another study is being conducted by me in order to find the easiest way to calculate the odds of drawing a certain combination of cards, without accounting for mulligan yet (even though it's in the to-do list).

Deckbuilding Theory, moar guides
Acsabi44 did an awesome work with some articles regarding the kind of decks around, make sure to read them:
Acsabi44 shows us the theory behind rush decks in this awesome article. You should try to fully understand this article being, in my opinion, the most useful of them given that it explains one of the most used kinds of deck, which will be useful in the next paragraph;
In theory behind stall decks, you may guess, Acsabi teaches us about Stall decks, needed in order to get a general idea of the meta;
In Who is the beatdown? we get an idea of how to behave while playing which directly modifies how we would want to build our deck.

PvP Tournaments
Aaaand here's where you're going to apply most of the skills you've gained with deckbuilding. PvP Tournaments are weekly tournaments organized by the staff of the forum with prizes. If you get first place, you're getting 7000 electrums and 1 Nymph/Mark. Given that PvP tournaments are the only sources of Marks, and only the first and the second player get Marks as prizes, those are the rariest cards of elements, surpassing even Nymphs which are obtainable from the Oracle.
Thus, PvP Tournaments are quite important (and, if I may add a personal though, they are a lot of fun).
To partecipate into a Tournament all you have to do is abhide by the rules. Those rules will set some restrictions to your decks, making deckbuilding skills really important. Dragoon's awesome article explains it all, you'd better give it a good read.
Here you will find PvP Tournaments.

PvP League
PvP League is an event lasting three months in which you fight other players for the grand prize of 10000 Electrums and 2 Nymphs/Marks.
The League is divided in two "under-leagues", BL and CL, respectively, Battle League and Championship League. Between the two, Battle League is the unupped enviroment where everyone can compete in. Of course, needing only unupped decks means that your decks won't cost much and you can easily afford this after the "Those 9000 Electrums were needed, weren't they?". However, Shards are allowed, and this means that the players will be using them if possible. If you can, get a couple of them from Bronze farming or wherever.
Championship League, instead, is the upped enviroment, meaning you will need more expensive decks to compete in this and, for that exact reason, it has a requirement in order to join it: having at least 20k score. This may look a lot if you're a new player, but you'll think that it even is too little considered the costs of the deck. Usually, you should be a veteran to join this league (almost having Trainer Edition), but in a post, SpikeSpiegel states that with a couple of decks you may get going (and this means that after building a couple of decks from "This is getting expensive again" you may attempt playing in CL).
You can find the rules for the PvP League here.

War
War is the first Forum Event in the list of PvP events and, differently from the PvP Events we have already mentioned, it has no Prizes: war is just for the sake of fun.
In War, teams are formed by the Generals by bidding in order to get a certain member in their team, and to do so they have to spend cards. This means that a General won't bid on you if they don't think you are needed in their team. In order to be thought useful, you have to (1) actually be useful and (2) convince them you are. While the first part can only be achieved by hard work, the second is, basically, exposing your curriculum vitae in an Auction. Every player who wants to join War has to make an Aution topic in which the author explains what s/he managed to do, like winning some tournaments, some PvP Events or having a Trainer Edition and so on. The last point is greatly valued by Generals because every team has a vault in which cards that team can use are stored, however a player cannot simply take them from the vault and use them like that: the player has to actually own those cards in order to use them. This means that a General has to choose carefully the cards he wants in the Vault, because picking cards some players cannot use would be a waste. Acsabi44 explains it well enough in his article.
If you are interested, the board for war is here.

Trials
Trials are a Forum Event in which you try to become the Master of a certain Element, based on the trial you partecipated in. Trials are continuous trials (hence the name) of Deckbuilding and fighting amongst the players who try to become Masters of an Element, with a final, epic (?) battle with the current Master in order to decide whether the current Master retains the title of Master or the challenger becomes a new Master.
However, this being a Forum Event with an important prize (honor-wisely) it has a couple of requirements: at least 50000 Score, at least 200 Posts in the Forum and having joined the forums not less than 3 months ago.
However, being a Master bears no real advantage or responsability, so it's highly recommended to try this out as soon as you have fulfilled the requirements. If you for some reason don't want to become Master (example: won't have an internet connection for a couple of months and I wouldn't want to steal this title from someone who could be active in that period), you can as well forfeit the last match and let the current master keep the title.
If you are interested and have fulfilled the requirements, here is the board dedicated to Trials.

PvP2
I kept this last because designing decks for PvP2 needs a pretty huge upped card pool, expecially if you are going for new and original decks. Aside that, what I said for PvP1 is valid for PvP2, aside from the metagame part, the reason that makes everyone like PvP2: it has an incredible variety of decks. This will be where you'll most likely spend most of your time after you reach trainer edition, and you will play here pretty often after building a couple of fully upped decks.

Deckbuilding 2
And here's our last paragraph about deckbuilding. While it doesn't differ much from unupped deckbuilding, upped deckbuilding gives us more possibilities because we can use both the unupped cards which may have different skills from the upped ones and be (relatively) better. You can always refer to Chapuz's guide I already linked you and consider the cards who greatly vary from unupped to upped, as furballdn shows us in his tutorial (check "Slight overview of some upped cards").
Upped deckbuilding alone was one of the reason I wanted you to get a PSNBow to farm Silver with in "Here comes the big money" given that having the cards for a PSNBow give you a lot of possible decks to play with (aside other PSNBows, having Supernova gets you access to a lot of decks and even a boost to some FG Grinders).
Experiment and have fun.

Working even harder
While, until now, we covered "Slacking off", it's time to describe the other Side Quests. These Side Quests are pretty hard to accomplish, but that's what they were made to be: hard.

Trainer Edition and Level 80
I have already named them, but it's never enough underlining how nice having those is.
Trainer Edition, as described in Dragoon's topic, means having 6 copies upped and unupped of each card and 24 upped and unupped of each pillar/pendulum. If you're wondering how much it would cost upgrading and buying every buyable card, well, that's around 2,5 millions Electrums. To keep stats of which cards you have and which ones you need, percentage and other cool stuff, Antiaverage's Spreadsheed is an awesome tool.
Level 80 is, instead, the level where you "win" the game. If you've just started, you may have not noticed, but level-upping in Elements is pretty hard when you reach higher levels (for example, at the moment of writing, I've got 132116 Score, which is 13,21% of the score needed to be Level 80). In fact, if you look at the owners of the Trainer Edition in the link I've posted before, you'll notice that they are 46 (known, there may be others), while in the Dragonsdemesne's Level 80 Club there are only 17 known, which is, roughly, one third of known owners of a Trainer Edition.

No Baazar Challenge
Props to ColorlessGreen's Challenge which recently got attention and started gathering players. The No Baazar Challenger (mostly called NBC) is a Challenge in which you create a new account and play without buying cards from the baazar. There's only one exception to this rule: you can buy pillars and pendulums. This is to make it possible to do some major changes to the deck.
As of now a dozen of players are attempting this and finding it useful from every point of view. It needs some knowledge in deckbuilding, but can ultimately improve them with this challenge.

Duels
There's a whole board of the forum dedicated to duels. Duels are, simply put, challenges between players. You can either duel other players who have a Duel Profile or create your own Profile (or both). In Duels, if you create a Duel Profile, you can create challenges and face various players with those rules. Here you can create your Challenges and let other players partecipate in them. One of the most known Challenges from the Duels section is Marsu's Beat the Highscore. It's not necessary to have codes to give as prizes, but it's often appreciated if you start a big challenge.

"Alt"
Alt is how an alternative account is called. Most veterans create an alternative account for two main reasons: to experience what a new player experiences when he enters the game and to dominate a lower league.
While starting the game from scratch is enough a challenge by itself, some also like to put some restrictions on themselves (like NBC) or try to speedrun the game.
You could create an Alt in order to test some tutorials for beginners, expecially if they are interesting, like Chapuz's Path of OTKism.

Re: Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122165#msg1122165
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 02:51:20 pm »
Foruming
Introduction to Foruming, why?
Spoiler for Hidden:
Let's first of all define what Foruming means. Foruming is the act of partecipating in the life of the forum.
Now the question is "why?". The answer is easy: as you've seen in the previous tutorials, I linked stuff from anywhere around the forum, so, as it is guessable, it is an awesome source of data, decks and strategies.
Why not give it a look, then?

Rules
Spoiler for Hidden:
Rules are needed for an healthy community, so make sure to read them. Read them whole as they will be needed in your future life in the community.

Index
Spoiler for Hidden:
While following is a general description of most boards, you may need an index to know which ones you should visit first. While the forum has its original Forum Index, here's my personal guide to my Foruming Tutorial:
1.Introduce Yourself will, definitely, need to be your first step into the forum;
2.Check out the Multilingual Board (check the paragraph "Off-Topic Discussions";
3.If you are new to both the game and the forums, you may need some help with your deck, feel free to check out Deck Help and ask for tips;
4.Based on what you like best, you may want to start frequenting the boards listed in "Events and Competitions", "Improving the Game", "Deck Ideas" and/or "Off-Topic Discussions.

Introducing yourself
Spoiler for Hidden:
It wouldn't be nice to ask for help without introduce yourself first, would it?
There's a board, lIntroduce Yourself, made for this exact reason. Create your own topic by clicking on "New Topic", write whatever you would want others to know, nickname, why you chose that nickname, your favourite Element, your blood type or whatever. Go on and make an awesome first post.

News
Spoiler for Hidden:
The first two sections cover various News about the Forum and the game, respectively called Forum News and Announcements and Patch Notes and Developement. Those two boards should be checked pretty often, because they offer good informations about updates which may or may not be important for you but is good knowing. Good examples may be the Quick News topic for the Forum and Elements 1.32 and 1.4 for the game. They all offer good informations worth knowing, so you should check them now and then.

General Discussion
Spoiler for Hidden:
General Discussion is the board which lets you talk about everything Elements-related, and, as such, the board in which you should post something you don't know where it belongs to. A couple of nice topics are the List of staff positions and other forum titles, Ask a simple question, get a simple answer and the Forum Index. The Ask a simple question topic is a good place in which to ask for something easy you want to know about.
General Discussion has two child boards, and one of them is Farming Studies and Statistics. Here you will find a lot of data about Elements, as you can see in the main topics: Decks Used Against Arena with Stats 1.32, AI4/Halfblood Stats Thread, The Return of FGei (which is about to be replaced by The Dictator's False Gods Stats Thread and Unified Efficiency Index.
Here you can post your own study if it is Elements-related and may be your favourite board if you are a maths lover.

Events and Competitions
Spoiler for Hidden:
In Side Quests I spoke largely about the various PvP Events and Competitions around, but some were left untalked of. That's because the other were more of Forum Events, which didn't get you anything in-game (still, I spoke about War and Trials even though they are purely Forum Events because they are the most important ones). Now that you aim to be an active member of the community, checking the Events and Competitions Board will be one of your needs if you want a challenge.
As you can see, that board is a box of Child Boards with various events. You may expecially like the PvP Events Board which is a continuous source of challenges where you can propose your own or adhere and vote on other's.
If you want a Challenge, this is your board.

Cards
Spoiler for Hidden:
Cards is a board which contains the cards of the game posted in their Element's Child Board. Here you can find discussions about specific cards and is thus a good board if you want inspiration for a deck. Nothing else to say here.

Improving the Game
Spoiler for Hidden:
The next boards are boards which aim to improve the game. The first one is the Card Ideas and Art in which every user can post a card he invented and hope it makes it to the game (even though it's rare). Here you'll find Design Theory, too, which has articles on how to create a balanced card and such in order to improve the quality of the cards posted.
In-game Troubleshooting and Report In-Game Bugs should cover any kind of trouble you could have while in the game. Whenever you have a doubt about something in the game working in a certain way and think it is a bug, refer to the In-Game Bugs board and see whether that has already been reported or not.
Game Suggestions and Feedback is a board in which you can post suggestions about the game. It also has two Child Boards: Nerf/Buff this card!
Those two Child Boards are for players who aren't content with a certain card judging it either too powerful or pretty useless. You can create a topic there to discuss about a card and propose some changes and why they should be made.

Deck Help
Spoiler for Hidden:
In Deck Help you can post your deck and get help from other players. Some tips:
0.1.This board isn't for asking decks, you post yours and ask for fixes;
0.2.Check whether the deck already exists by following Chapuz's Tutorial;
1.Post the deck's code using the Deck button (the one with three cards in it) or writing "
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
code goes here
" and paste your deck code inside;
2.Use the title to describe the deck, don't write "Help!" or such, but give it a name, write in brackets if it's a mono, duo, trio, quartet or rainbow and where you want to play it (AI3, AI4, FG, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, PvP1, PvP2);
3.Write without using abbreviations and try to keep a decent grammar, expecially if you are in an English-speaking country;
4.Write your concerns and if you have addtional ideas and if there are cards you don't want/can't use.

Deck Ideas
Spoiler for Hidden:
In Deck Ideas you can post your deck(s) and let the community see them. This is mostly for decks which have been tested a lot and found a, pretty much, stable build. The decks are sorted by type and, when mono, Element. You can even start a Deck Compilation if your decks have something in common.

Opponents, Strategy and Decks
Spoiler for Hidden:
The next boards cover the various decks AI plays, from Random, Normal and Elder to False Gods, without missing Half Bloods. Even though the topics these boards cover can be covered in General Discussion, Deck Help and Deck Ideas, those are more specific ones. False Gods' Board, though, also covers the strategies to use against each deck. If you know which False God will be the next one (oracle prediction), you can enter that False God's Child Board and look into "Oracle: *False God Name*" for some upped and unupped counter decks.
As a bonus round, The Arena is also covered. Being the Arena a shifting meta, there's no way to know which decks are on at the moment. However, some players post the results of the decks they have posted into the arena after they have been taken down. If you're working on an arena farmer, other than playing a lot of games in the aimed League, you can try reading a couple of posts to get a general idea of what's around and which are the best decks.

Elements Portal
Spoiler for Hidden:
Elements Portal puts together projects regarding the community of elements but hosted on a different site (example, the chat is on blab). Here you'll find the links to the Elements wiki, the greatest source of data regarding Elements in one place (and not scattered around the forum, but in form of, indeed, a wiki). Elements Tools are also linked, check them out because they might prove useful. Elements radio is, instead, a project brought back to life by BeefSupreme in an attempt to create a radio for Elements players. Check it out and remember that help is always wanted.

Off-Topic Discussions
Spoiler for Hidden:
Off-Topic (usually called OT) is the board where you can talk about anything unrelated to elements. While a look should be enough to know what every child board talks about, you may expecially like the Multilingual Board if you aren't a native English speaker. Here you can chat with your countrymen in your country's language and ask for help about anything.
Other than that, Off-Topic hosts a lot of Forum Games and funny topics. Make sure to check it out.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122204#msg1122204
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 07:13:01 pm »
As mentioned Here, the Essential HB Farmer has a worse UEI than HBGB, Psiontal and Midnight Sun (all the links in the thread I just linked)
Also, I think the plural of Electrum is Electrum, not Electrums  :P

Early deserved +rep
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:23:25 pm by Chapuz »
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Re: Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122221#msg1122221
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 07:57:04 pm »
As mentioned Here, the Essential HB Farmer has a worse UEI than HBGB, Psiontal and Midnight Sun (all the links in the thread I just linked)
Also, I think the plural of Electrum is Electrum, not Electrums  :P

Early deserved +rep
As for the HBs, you are most likely correct, I've been running a couple of tests after writing this and they seem to follow that topic.
As for the plural, I'm not even trying anymore. For example, I've always hated using the plural of Latin words with their Latin plural, because in Italian it is used like this even though the official grammatic says that it shouldn't. Electrum is a word derivated from Latin, indeed, and is an alloy. Being a material, it doesn't have a plural (amber doesn't have ambers as a plural), but here it is used as the name of a currency, like "dollar" (indeed, dollar has a plural, dollars). I should have gone with the Latin plural, then, but, assuming electrum is a neutral name of the second declension, it should go like electra. If anything, someone may try and correct me on that, and using Electra instead of Electrums, but as I said, I prefer regular plurals instead of Latin ones.

Thanks for the sharing your opinion, I'll edit the HBs part as soon as I post the second part of the tutorial.

Offline CuCN

• Reputation Power: 25
  • CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Toxic
Re: Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122235#msg1122235
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 08:29:34 pm »
Solution: Use :electrum

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122425#msg1122425
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:04:43 pm »
Whatever you use, it was a good read.

Re: Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122446#msg1122446
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 10:07:19 pm »
Whatever you use, it was a good read.
Thanks ^^

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122449#msg1122449
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 10:12:47 pm »
After 150 and 500 score you'll be given a rare card, a rare weapon

This reads as if I will get two rare cards. Maybe try rewording it? Is it necessary to keep the part about 150 at all?
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

Re: Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122451#msg1122451
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 10:15:45 pm »
After 150 and 500 score you'll be given a rare card, a rare weapon

This reads as if I will get two rare cards. Maybe try rewording it? Is it necessary to keep the part about 150 at all?
May reword this. I wanted to name the part about 150 only to let them know that there was a quest in the middle, but it's not needed, given that I already said that previously.
Thanks for the feedback.

Re: Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122566#msg1122566
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 05:01:23 pm »
Got part two on, but I'm pretty sure I forgot something. Don't hesitate to correct me on anything.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Your Elemental Life [The Tutorial of Tutorials] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53443.msg1122607#msg1122607
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 08:19:07 pm »
Hoe about calling the tourneys "Weekly PvP Tournaments" or "Weekly Tournaments"? The fact that they are weekly is important enough to have it in the title and maybe being tournaments is enough to assume they are PvP.
Also, I think that the 'no bazaar challenge' is something too temporary, so it would get outdated pretty soon
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:27:59 pm by Chapuz »
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

blarg: Amashi