*Author

hello12

Slow & Steady EM https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32643.msg412382#msg412382
« on: October 19, 2011, 06:54:42 am »
This deck uses Entropy(barely) Death(major part) and Darkness(healing, improve death and darkness monster stats.) WARNING: Slow Win. Fallen Druids to speed it up, (Devour Monsters if you can)
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rj 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u6 6u6 6u6 6u6 6u6 6u6 6ua 6ua 6ua 6ua 6ua 6ua 714 714 714 714 714 714 715 717 71a 71c 7ta 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 8pt

Updated deck.

Offline rowcla

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • poni poni poni poni
Re: Slow & Steady EM https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32643.msg412479#msg412479
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 12:11:14 pm »
Oh god, let me say you:this is fail.24 towers and 6 SN's to power 3 elements, I am sure every deck could beat this.
wow, you have a point but really, thats harsh....

remember to keep your deck size to a minimum! probably not 30 if its really small but still, SNs dont seem useful, if it is slow as you said, perhaps you should drop the supernovas and fallen druids and make it a trio instead? mark of entropy would be enough to power your cats probably, also i recommend using bonewall, even if it has slightly less use in the long term it proves excellent with the cats, if you do drop the aflatoxin...

Graveyard, Arsenic, and Eclipse all seem important here, so why use just one? I understand Eclipse doesnt stack and you cant double up on your weapon, but have multiples is still helpful....

Anyway i just want to note that the this is the first time ive ever seen someone be so rude as above, do not think that the entire forum is like that...

hope this helped!
Poni? Poni poni poni!

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Slow & Steady EM https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32643.msg412914#msg412914
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 03:18:23 am »
60 card deck? Without hourglasses, it will be very slow and the chances of drawing the card you need is decreased. Trim the number of cards down a bit. Also not too sure about the 6 supernovas. Doesn't really seem to be necessary. You are using QTs and SNs when you are only using 5 elements.

Brontos

Re: Slow & Steady EM https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32643.msg412940#msg412940
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 04:33:04 am »
Soul Catcher + Shroedinger is a good way to supply your deck in death quantums. With Supernovas, you'd also got some Life for your Druids.
This would allow you to change your towers for something more efficient.

Right now, you're using 4 types of quantums. A tower will give you 3 random quantas only. That's really bad  :P and you know it, because you are playing 24 towers with 6 Snovas... You know you have quanta issues.
You should use pendulums instead, and reduce the size of the deck in the process.

I'd play Enthropy mark (to pay the SN), some Death and Darkness pendulums, not too much, and 3/4 Soul Catcher.
It would allow your deck to be more consistent, to be faster and globally better. I think.  8)

Offline mwaetht

• Reputation Power: 5
  • mwaetht is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Slow & Steady EM https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32643.msg412945#msg412945
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 04:55:33 am »
You presumably use the Fallen Druids to mutate Skeletons, but you only have one Graveyard in a 60-card deck. If you plan to mutate Cats, you won't have a dependable source of deaths. Also, you only have one copy of Skull Buckler to aid Aflatoxin, so you have big problems if you don't draw it or if it gets destroyed.

Ultimately, I think the biggest mistake is that the deck tries to do too many things at the same time- power mutants with Druids, lock with Aflatoxin/Skull Buckler, use Cats to power Condors and Graveyard, use Vampires/Condors for damage... the deck isn't focused on an actual win condition. I have no idea why the Dirk is even there.

Please, please, please cut the deck size down. It's painful to look at 60-card decks.

Offline xsindomanx

• Reputation Power: 4
  • xsindomanx is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Slow & Steady EM https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32643.msg413967#msg413967
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 12:07:55 am »
I guess the idea of creating an original deck was here, but creating a 4-element deck is never easy (and the solution isn't simply to add a lot of towers!).

In your original deck, despite the crazy number of towers, you were still not getting enough entropy quarta for the druids & cats, while every other element had more than enough quarta. This means that you will often have 20+ quarta of each element before you can get any decent damage on the board!  Another problem was, as mentioned, there are too many things you want done in a single deck.

Anyways, I took out the druids and with some of the suggestions made above, came up with this:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6ua 6ua 6ua 6ua 714 714 714 714 714 714 715 715 717 717 71a 71a 71c 71f 71f 71f 7t4 7t4 7t4 7ta 7ta 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pj

This is probably close to the minimum size of the deck with the idea. It's not really as original anymore, but it works..
I think it's pretty fair to add 10 or so more different cards for a fatty version, probably vampires and dark towers (+ change weapon to dagger?) for EM..
Gahh hopefully this was useful, I was bored and thought this might be interesting to spend time on.
Fire guild member

Brontos

Re: Slow & Steady EM https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32643.msg414041#msg414041
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 03:45:52 am »
Maybe Bone Wall is better than the Skull Buckler in this deck, and you can get rid of the Alphatoxin for a 4th Soul Catcher in the move.
And I'm with you on the Arsenic for Vampiric swap.

anything
blarg: hello12,xSInDoMaNx