*Author

doubloon

Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg65277#msg65277
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2010, 10:26:42 am »
may be fun to play but it is not a good deck since you keep losing to FGs.

Artois

Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg65439#msg65439
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2010, 06:11:38 pm »
Are you sure?  Im having far more fun FG farming with this deck, and although it has limitations, it makes up for it by beating Rainbow for example far more often than a regular rainbow farming FG deck does.

doubloon

Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg65777#msg65777
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2010, 08:03:58 am »
Are you sure?  Im having far more fun FG farming with this deck, and although it has limitations, it makes up for it by beating Rainbow for example far more often than a regular rainbow farming FG deck does.
yep.. as i said it is more fun but you have to get an early purple nymph and hopefully a black nymph combo. i switched from puppychow's deck and now i'm broke :(

[ i beat rainbow at my first try with this deck to be honest :) but the rest is very challenging]

doubloon

Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg65778#msg65778
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2010, 08:05:38 am »
i don't know if this is discussed before but one other thing is that the deck is slow. i think some blessing, rage potion and fallen druid may help improving the enemy creatures before debuffing them. i tried adding them to the deck and it helps. just needs some balancing. what do you think?

Artois

Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg65798#msg65798
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2010, 09:59:38 am »
yep.. as i said it is more fun but you have to get an early purple nymph and hopefully a black nymph combo. i switched from puppychow's deck and now i'm broke :(

[ i beat rainbow at my first try with this deck to be honest :) but the rest is very challenging]
Yep, PuppyChows deck is very good, however I prefer this one.  If you are broke, try farming AI3, Top50, AI5?

bojengles77

Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg66203#msg66203
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2010, 04:07:00 am »
if you want to make some money for an FG deck starting with a few upgraded cards, like SG's one, i'd recommend a mono life farm deck for level 3. keep farming level 3, life yields a fair amount of EM's with quick games and you'll have a few upped cards in no time!

Offline Jangoo

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg66289#msg66289
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2010, 12:13:24 pm »
I often run out of Entropy Quanta even with the 9-Amethyst-Tower variant that I'm running right now...
Jep, me too. Fiddling with only 7-8 ATs mostly led to severe entropy-drought.

The QTs help add extra quanta, occasionally giving you that deperately needed 1 quant for a quint (poetic!) while you scream at the pc for a supernova... :D

The QTs also help keep up the flow of quants later on AND if placed first will draw the target fire, earthquakes & steals, sparing your essential entrop/obs towers.
[...]

Mirror shield & pulv are both 'possibly' inessential BUT they give you a chance against some of the FGs you cant beat without em.

So you can beat ferox, seism, and octane... with luck!
I keep one QT in the deck because it adds another card to possibly cast those quints besides the SNs. Also, that protective strategy by placing the QT first really helps a lot.

Mirror-shield and Pulvy is the perfect combo for the deck because barely making it and then going down vs a couple lances or even rainbows constant lightnings really sucks.
Pulvy does indeed bring Ferox, FQ and Elidnis in range and helps with a lot of other gods, e.g. to keep graveyards at a reasonable number or to steer the gods progression by limiting the hourglasses. In the end, Pulvy is also a primetarget to be exploded before the god proceeds to kill your towers.

i don't know if this is discussed before but one other thing is that the deck is slow. i think some blessing, rage potion and fallen druid may help improving the enemy creatures before debuffing them. i tried adding them to the deck and it helps. just needs some balancing. what do you think?
Sounds like it will crowd up the deck and bring about many bad draws.
I experimented a lot with this deck and most ideas that left the strict duo-domain of entropy-darkness led to a decrease in performance or in other words: As long as the build revolves around antimatter and shadow, there really isn't much left to change anymore.

Generally, you can' really push the deck beyond 32 cards, so for Ed.2 / :water-mark that gives you more or less a "raw" deck of 25 cards (8ATs, 3OTs, 6SNs, 4tears + 4quints) with up to 7 cards of choice. (For Ed.1 / :entropy-mark there is no extra room left to begin with.)
Among those cards of choice, an extra AT, QT and the weapons/shields mentioned are already pretty much the best choice.
So that will give you max. 3 cards of "absolute liberty" the deck can support. :o

I tested a third set of towers (green, air, fire), extra weapons and various alchemy cards here and was under the impression that rainingbloods orginial suggestion of simply adding antimatters to survive the initial phase works best. A single l.shadow also helped to give you the edge by starting off a bit earlier or taking out the first CL-druids for example.

Artois

Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg66345#msg66345
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2010, 03:47:37 pm »
I'd like to see your variation of the deck Jangoo, as Im curious as to whether I will change my deck.

Im currently running a statistical test against the FG's with the deck I showed.

46 games so far, 17 wins inc. 13 EM's... but the suprise so far is I'm 50/50 with Octane and Eternal Phoenix over 10 games between them.  I normally quit against Etrnl. Phoenix... but with a lot of luck he is do able.

I am also curious to play Divine Glory with a good draw, as its true, you can nymph his light pillars for a 9/9 perfect debuff target!

Offline Jangoo

• New to You
Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg66406#msg66406
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2010, 05:48:17 pm »
Well, it was created based on rainingbloods build on pg3 and ended up looking almost like yours.
This is my "final build" which I used against FGs for a quite a while:

Code: [Select]
6qq 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u7 77f 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h0 7k0 7t4 7t4 7t4 7te 80h 80h 80h 80h
31 cards because I really want everything that is in there in this exact quantity.
1 Antimatter as a card of chance: It can help debuffing an early dragon, shrieker etc. and keep you afloat. Sometimes also helps catching up with FFQ and other mass-spam-FGs.
1 liquid-shadow as a card of chance: It is used usually to lobo early druids from Destiny and ChaosLord or early/extra FFQs that FQ and Miracle cast. But it can also be valuable to speed up the dmg intake for the FG a little later in the game when casting that second (black) nymph didn't work out too smoothly. May help against Miracle, Paradox, Morte to vamp up that one creature that is missing to take him down (if not: Miracle  :( )

Artois

Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg66418#msg66418
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2010, 06:00:39 pm »
Thanks Jangoo.

I see you play one less Nymph, but you carry an anti-matter & liquid shadow.

I'm not sure I will change, cos those two cards mirror the functions of the nymphs, and unless I draw those cards early, and can play them before I have a nymph I see no point.  Wont they also use up the banked quanta needed for the nypmh?

I might drop a QT and run an extra Entropy tower... although you have said that even with 9 towers you are often short?

Im finding that 3 Obs towers arent really needed for production, as one + all the supernovas seems to get the dark quanta up and running... then again, with only 2 I can wait forever for a tower!

Offline yaladilae

• Reputation Power: 12
  • yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • † RIP Butterfly Angel †
  • Awards: Undefeated 100-0 Competition Winner
Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg66420#msg66420
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2010, 06:03:38 pm »
I dont understand QT and Supernova

If you use water, there is ice shield, dark have improve dusk, purple have butterfly effect, and RoL is free....

That seems much better

Offline Jangoo

• New to You
Re: Nymphomania (anti-FG) + stats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2630.msg66434#msg66434
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2010, 06:15:20 pm »
I see you play one less Nymph, but you carry an anti-matter & liquid shadow.

I'm not sure I will change, cos those two cards mirror the functions of the nymphs, and unless I draw those cards early, and can play them before I have a nymph I see no point.  Wont they also use up the banked quanta needed for the nypmh?
I play two nymphs as a rule and if opportunity knocks another one later if I need more support (e.g., another purple n. against FFQ, another black one if I got off too late and need to wrap it up before decking out)
The extra AM and LS do indeed mirror the nymphs but imho that is exactly what makes them strong in this deck: Nymphomania doesn't need many "extras" since its core strategy is so supreme. With those two cards you stand even better chances to pull it off.
As for quanta-drainage ... hmm, yes sometimes its really a matter of choice whether you want to waste e.g. 2 entropy-quants THIS turn or turn out better on quanta but possibly too late NEXT turn. Oftentimes however, the decision will be made by the gameplay: Either you AM that shrieker now or you will have 4 of them burrowed next turn, either you LS that druid now or he will turn a bunch of photons into dragons next turn while you are still waiting for that damn quint to cast your purple nymph ...

I might drop a QT and run an extra Entropy tower... although you have said that even with 9 towers you are often short?
No, 9 is very fine for me unless of course I am really unlucky.

Im finding that 3 Obs towers arent really needed for production, as one + all the supernovas seems to get the dark quanta up and running... then again, with only 2 I can wait forever for a tower!
True. The only reason I put in the third OT was so I could get out that nymph fast and still have a reliable quantum supply. This way the third tower even does add (and is needed) for the production.

I dont understand QT and Supernova

If you use water, there is ice shield, dark have improve dusk, purple have butterfly effect, and RoL is free....

That seems much better
Not following you here ... what are you getting at?

anything
blarg: