*Author

Offline DmTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Got SoP? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36235.msg455754#msg455754
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:51:19 pm »
Deck Helper comment: 
This deck was posted before the 1.32 game update and as a result may work very differently now.  Use at your own risk.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 7ap 7ap 7gl 7gl 7h1 7hi 7hi 7hi 7hi 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pj

Odd? Definitely.
Good? Depends on the match.
Original? A bit, I guess. It uses the underused SoP.

So, I reckon I should say how the idea was born. Well, I saw some Malignant SoP decks but never really bothered to use them. But then I thought, "What if Malignant Cells are affected by the SoP inundation +4 effect?" But of course it failed and the deck made me lose to AI0. Yeah, way to go.

So I was like, I want rainbooowz. I want SoP rainbowz. I had tested the idea, but generally, it failed because of rushes and stuff. I finally found this variant after a lot of thinking. It's not anything "OH MY GOD THIS IS BEAUTIFUL" but it can sure hold it's own.

"Why don't you add Water Towerzzz???" Because SNova is good enough at what it does and I'm lazy to find the correct balance to add it.

"Dm, Y u UPPED DIAL?" Electrum Hourglass. Mulligan? Never heard of it.

"Dm, Y u dial at all?" Because it helps against PC-less rushes.

"CC. This deck fails." You don't say. Actually, against Plague or any of the kind the deck can hold it's own by packing in a few SoP's at your current Physalia (2 SoP's or so should do it) if you want. 6 HP's is above the 5 CC gauge. RT.. well, whatever. I am thinking about adding a quint, but I'm lazy to do it for now. Plus I dunno what to take out for it. I don't just want to add a Quint and leave it at 31 cards, no sir.

"2 Physalias and 1 Inundation totally fails the chance of getting this long combo out." Noted and taken into account, Sundials will serve to draw cards and the Hourglass never failed to draw me a bit. Some of the times I nearly decked out because of all the drawing. Same with 2 mitosis. This just means you gotta be careful with the drawing and make sure you start Stasis'ing yourself one by one without drawing cards to get at least the number of Physalias needed for the Inundation mark.

"Chimera will cut the waiting effects, add one now." Read what I said about quint. I don't exactly know what to take out for it.

"Why don't you take out two SuperNova's and add 1 quint and 1 chimera?" Because I didn't think about it until I was doing this random Q&A. Thanks, brain.

"Last question, I'll kill my opponent before I get the combo sometimes, what do I do?!" You chain the dials accordingly and don't attack until you get your combo out, if you want. You can get a pretty nice amount of damage with the deck, though it's nothing amazing. (Though I have reached the point of getting to deal ~160 damage at a silver guy at once. Glad he had no CC. Yay for OTK.)
So.. Yeah. Comments? Improvements? Duo Version? Likes? Dislikes? Anything at all?

(Time, Water, Life, Entropy. Quartet for now. Sure, with quint and chimera it's a Rainbow. SoPbow. Weee.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:24:19 am by willng3 »

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Got SoP? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36235.msg455765#msg455765
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:32:14 pm »
Like :D
I recently was trying a duo :aether and :water by using fractal.
It was great fun to suddenly have more than 10 physalia/chrysaora with 16 atk or higher xD
Anyway, I tried to put in the chimera and the quintessence you mentioned as well as a fractal to increase the chance of having more physalias.
I only played one game with your and my version against AI3. They both won, so I have no idea if one's better (also 1 game is nothing) xP
I took out an hourglass and replaced with physalia as it's stupid to have mitosis but no monster. Also without SN hourglass are less effective.
You can change mark to light so you can draw even without towers in the opening hand. But with fractal I guess water is more useful :)
By the way, I had a chimera win, and I think it can be very important to surpass the lock of one turn so I'd really try to take it in :)

Well, enough talk. Here's what I did:

6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 74g 7ap 7ap 7gl 7gl 7gl 7h1 7q5 7q5 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 808 808 808 80h 80i 8pp
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline DmTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Got SoP? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36235.msg455766#msg455766
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:40:37 pm »
It's a new deck as a whole but it definitely seems improved. When I mentioned a Chimera Quint I was thinking of this, as explained :

6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74g 7ap 7ap 7gl 7gl 7h1 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 80h 8pj

Of course that I thought about Fractalia (Fractal Physalia) But I have heard it a ton of times and as such it wouldn't be such a original deck, plus it strays away from my original idea. With mitosis I have a damage Ramp, as in with Fractal I have a damage burst. My general Idea for a Fractalia would be like this :

5ih 622 622 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7h1 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80i 8pk

Death Mark because I much rather use the Physalia active skill. On the other hand that strays quite far away from my original posts' deck so I'm not really calling any dibs on that. But if I had to mix both of them I'd probably do something like this..

6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74g 7ap 7ap 7gl 7gl 7h1 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7qb 7qb 7qb 80i 8pj

Which again is just a basic outline because I really didn't think much while doing this. Further on the deck uses Precog instead of Hourglass because as you said it is generally less effective. Plus, with a damage burst/ramp in the deck you generally want to use Precog to spy on your opponent hand and decide if you're gonna ramp or burst. The mark can be changed although that will mess with the SNova quanta (Am I the only one that only gets entropy quanta with the entropy mark, but when I take it off I never get any entropy?)

Carcinos

Re: Got SoP? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36235.msg455913#msg455913
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 10:41:30 am »
It's an orginial deck, but i approuve the quintessence or fractal, if the physalia is reversed or killed, It's over. I'm d'ont think you have enough  :time Quantas to use 3 Electrum hourglasses, just use 3 EH. But other propositions of deck are pretty good.  ;)

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Got SoP? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36235.msg456245#msg456245
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 07:41:31 am »
But if I had to mix both of them I'd probably do something like this..

6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74g 7ap 7ap 7gl 7gl 7h1 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7qb 7qb 7qb 80i 8pj

Which again is just a basic outline because I really didn't think much while doing this. Further on the deck uses Precog instead of Hourglass because as you said it is generally less effective. Plus, with a damage burst/ramp in the deck you generally want to use Precog to spy on your opponent hand and decide if you're gonna ramp or burst. The mark can be changed although that will mess with the SNova quanta (Am I the only one that only gets entropy quanta with the entropy mark, but when I take it off I never get any entropy?)
Personally I don't think the SN are very useful. I'd change mark to :aether, take SN out, and add 3 QT and maybe Quintessence. Then I'd change one precog for EH because it can also be used as PC decoy. Or either another Physalia or Inundation, but more draw replaces them xD
Anyway, it looks like there are many variations possible and only testing them may give some useful results about what works best. :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Got SoP? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36235.msg463496#msg463496
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:06:13 pm »
But if I had to mix both of them I'd probably do something like this..

Personally I don't think the SN are very useful. I'd change mark to :aether, take SN out, and add 3 QT and maybe Quintessence. Then I'd change one precog for EH because it can also be used as PC decoy. Or either another Physalia or Inundation, but more draw replaces them xD
Anyway, it looks like there are many variations possible and only testing them may give some useful results about what works best. :)
SNs are actually good, since you have to fund so many kinds of quanta and quantum towers are no so reliable. Also 4 SNs+1 :aether from a random quantum tower power fractal.
Why the precogs? Not enough quanta for hourglasses? I thought that hourglasses were better... I would dial up and poison until chimera is out and SoP-->chimera if I were using this.
If you need PC (which is not-so-likely due to chimera), BE will suffice.

What about CC apart from inundation?
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline DmTopic starter

• Legendary Member
Re: Got SoP? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36235.msg463498#msg463498
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 06:16:09 pm »
Yay, another input. Precog, in the newest rainbow build, is Hand Watching potential. If I sense solo CC, Physalia - Fractal - SoP is the way. If I sense Mass CC, Mito is smarter. Obviously, I can get around both options by simply SoP'ing twice.

I generally do the Dial Poison --- OTK. It feels sexier that way.

Other CC apart from inundation isn't needed most of the time, since Sundial is stasis for 1 turn and helps speed up the deck.

The EH is a good Mod instead of a Precog, though. I'll try it out! :D

anything
blarg: Gandora,Dm1321,Mathematistic