*Author

Offline plastiqe

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg36234#msg36234
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 08:56:20 pm »
The basic decktype I use is:
6x Nova
6x Photon
6x Immolation
6x Lava Golem
The remaining 6 are 'swing cards' that change based on what I'm fighting.

I would not run less than 6 of essential cards like Nova, Photon or Immolation.  The whole idea is to maximize your chance to get a good opening hand, and use it to kill your opponent quickly.  Having less of these cards only reduces your chance of playing stuff on your first turn.

I do not like Spark because they only last for 1 turn.  This is a combo deck, you need to cast Immolation on something to get a Golem in play.  Because Photons stick around, you have a better chance at using them if say you don't start with Immolation in your opening hand.  Photon has the potential to do more damage than a Spark anyways.  There are going to be few situations where a Spark is actually going to be more useful that Photon, and even when Spark is used for 3 damage it usually won't matter.

I also do not like putting in cards that cost more than 2-3 of any type of quanta.  In Exarp Omega's deck you would have to have played 6 cards before you can even get Dimensional Shield out.  And even then, the whole point of this deck is to kill quickly... a shield or a sword that you probably won't be able to pay for and which might even get stolen and screw you is not a good addition, IMO.

Graboid is actually very useful for me because I've got Earth mark, often I find I have extra Earth quanta so it is basically free to play.  When it comes to buffing Golems or playing Graboid it depends on the situation and which play would net me more damage.  After the 1st Lycanthrope and Forest Spirit, Graboid is the next 'swing' creature I add.

When I'm playing PvP or T50 the 'swing cards' change a lot from the ones I posted for the AI3 deck.  Deflagration is a good card for these situations.

Offline Exarp

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Exarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I will always return to elements, eventually.
Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg36240#msg36240
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 09:15:37 pm »
I would not run less than 6 of essential cards like Nova, Photon or Immolation.  The whole idea is to maximize your chance to get a good opening hand, and use it to kill your opponent quickly.  Having less of these cards only reduces your chance of playing stuff on your first turn.

Well, I agree on you, but you also increase the chance that you draw quantum generation cards in your first hand, and lower your chances you'll draw a golem or other creature at the same time. Just drawing your key cards isn't enough, in my oppinion, it's drawing the right average starting hand. That's why I decreased the number of those cards.

I do not like Spark because they only last for 1 turn.  This is a combo deck, you need to cast Immolation on something to get a Golem in play.  Because Photons stick around, you have a better chance at using them if say you don't start with Immolation in your opening hand.  Photon has the potential to do more damage than a Spark anyways.  There are going to be few situations where a Spark is actually going to be more useful that Photon, and even when Spark is used for 3 damage it usually won't matter.
Spark has actually saved me a few times, which is why I like to keep them.  In T50 grinds, I match up against rainbows often, and you don't tend to play more than two creatures often when you know most of them have supernovas, firestorms and otys. So you might want to immolate your photons and kick in that 9 damage when you get the chance.

I also do not like putting in cards that cost more than 2-3 of any type of quanta.  In Exarp Omega's deck you would have to have played 6 cards before you can even get Dimensional Shield out.  And even then, the whole point of this deck is to kill quickly... a shield or a sword that you probably won't be able to pay for and which might even get stolen and screw you is not a good addition, IMO.
What about if your rainbow opponent plays a bone wall and his sundials while spamming creatures on you? You can still grow your creatures, but you're stalled for a bit. He'll get damage through, and a shield in those situations might help, if you live long enough to play it.
Yes, your shield might get stolen, but by the time you play it, it's keeping your fingers crossed and hope it saves your life just this turn. You'd have lost if it weren't in your deck anyway, and now it might save you if you're lucky enough. In that case, you might even get to keep it the whole three turns,  and win the otherwise lost match.
I have been in this situation a couple of times, so I don't see the shield as a dead card.

Graboid is actually very useful for me because I've got Earth mark, often I find I have extra Earth quanta so it is basically free to play.  When it comes to buffing Golems or playing Graboid it depends on the situation and which play would net me more damage.  After the 1st Lycanthrope and Forest Spirit, Graboid is the next 'swing' creature I add.
Well, I guess that's a matter of preference. I usualy tend to run out of my earth quantum fast enough, so I wouldn't add another earth based card. I'm on earth mark too, by the way.

When I'm playing PvP or T50 the 'swing cards' change a lot from the ones I posted for the AI3 deck.  Deflagration is a good card for these situations.
Yes, this deck type is highly flexible, but usually when you play PvP or t50, you don't know who your next opponent will be. That's why I chose a rush deck that has something to fall back on. Sometimes it works, but I find that when it doesn't work, I'd have lost the match anyway.
Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg36262#msg36262
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 10:03:57 pm »
@Exarp Omega: OK, your deck definitely has trouble against fully upgraded Life rush decks.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline plastiqe

Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg36263#msg36263
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 10:05:23 pm »
Well Exarp Omega, at least we agree this decktype is amazing and one of the most fun decks in Elements to play, right? 
: P

It's just the minor details that we disagree on.  If you say the goal is to draw the right average starting hand then why put in a card like Dimensional Shield, or any card that does not fit into a good opening hand?

If I was playing against a lot of rainbows in T50 I might add stuff like Black Hole, Momentum or Steal.  In my experience if you can't out rush a rainbow with this deck in the first couple turns then you've got no chance once they get set up.

Offline Exarp

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Exarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I will always return to elements, eventually.
Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg36276#msg36276
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 10:36:22 pm »
@Exarp Omega: OK, your deck definitely has trouble against fully upgraded Life rush decks.
Yes, I know, but a lucky draw can at least have a chance. I've beaten those anoying decks often enough, at least. I say an okay chance is better than none. :)
My real problem is those darn fire decks that have been popping up lately...
Well Exarp Omega, at least we agree this decktype is amazing and one of the most fun decks in Elements to play, right? 
: P

It's just the minor details that we disagree on.  If you say the goal is to draw the right average starting hand then why put in a card like Dimensional Shield, or any card that does not fit into a good opening hand?

If I was playing against a lot of rainbows in T50 I might add stuff like Black Hole, Momentum or Steal.  In my experience if you can't out rush a rainbow with this deck in the first couple turns then you've got no chance once they get set up.
Oh, yes, This type of deck has speed. You'll win fast, or  fail bad quickly. In either case, you can decide fairly quickly if it's worth playing through or not.

Well, the chance of statisticly drawing that shield in your first hand is low, and in practice, I get it later on, if at all, more often than not. So the chance of drawing that specific card isn't all that big, although there's always the chance. But you could just as easily draw only photons, immolations and novas, especially if they're 18 out of 30 cards in your deck. And well... we don't want photons as our main force, I'm sure you'd agree.

I've considered black hole and momentum myself, since there's space for it quanta wise. I'd like a steal too, but with the lycans there, I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I don't want too many choices while I play, rather mindless clicking when I can. Choosing between steal and lycan would cost too much time.

But that also is a matter of playing style, isn't it? As long as your deck works for you, stick with it, I say. I know this version has worked for me for more matches than I can count (erm.... over 300 somewhere, I'm still trying to get some lobos and owl's eyes), so I'll stick with it untill I know I should evolve.
Treat people the way you want to be treated.

iRwar

Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg38944#msg38944
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 12:50:25 am »
how would you upgrade this deck? what would u upgrade first?

Offline plastiqe

Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg39071#msg39071
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 03:29:19 am »
I'm sitting on 5k electrum so I'm faced with the same question iRwar.  I'd probably start upgrading by alternating between Golem and Immolations.

Vreely

Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg39219#msg39219
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 01:44:58 pm »
I suggest upgrading all the Immolations first.  With a single Cremate you can cast 2 unupgraded golems.

Squanke

Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg39248#msg39248
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 03:21:01 pm »
There is a very nice deck wich ive used for a long time the noland stompy deck

Mark of  :fire

6x Nova
2x Lycanthrope
2x Graviton Fire eater
2x Forest spirit
6x Immolation
6x Photons
4x Lava golems
2x Deflagration
Total 30 cards and it works very nice in the 1-3 tier farming. very quick deck

If u get a lucky start you can dump your hand in first turn and own your opponent in 4 turns.

ferret

Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg41710#msg41710
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 10:48:09 pm »
I started using plastiqe's variation a few days ago, first against AI3, then against T50.

For AI3 I built the deck with no Arsenic and no Graboid, and replaced them with a Hammer and an upgraded Blessing (which was effective for the 0/3 otys you meet).

I found that I often had a surplus of earth on poor (not bad) draws, so I put graboid (elite) back in, and took the hammer out (hate the randomness).  At some point I will try replacing the blessing with upgraded Momentum, to help against bonewalls and phase-shield chains.

Earned enough playing it over a few days to upgrade all the Immolations and four of the Lava Golems.  I'm not sure what the win percentage is, but it feels a lot higher than shrieker rush I had before, and given the brainless AI have no problem playing the brainless all-upgraded life decks and it can beat them more than half the time, I would say it is at least on a par with mono-life in my experience.

I tended to prefer the photons over sparks for two main reasons: firstly, on no-immolation draws, it's better to put out a photon and maybe draw immolation next turn than put out a spark and do three damage.  Secondly, if the opponent mark was life or light, I'd play them out immediately since they probably have no creature control.  For other top 50 opponents, if I had a photon and a cremation but didn't need the quanta yet, I'd play the photon and let it do its 1 damage per turn.  It all adds up.  And so I agree with plastiqe on the photon/spark issue too. :P

tiber55

Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg41792#msg41792
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 02:56:38 am »
Started using plastiqe's version just replaced arsenic and graboid with upped pulverizer and Fahrenheit works very well, i would venture to say this is better than a fully upped graboid rush. I am going to look into lightnings for using the aether, and mess around with two pulverizers, but would definitely recommend this deck as a first deck over any of the mono rush deck.

iRwar

Re: Fast Pillarless Golem Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg41999#msg41999
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 05:36:53 pm »
should i sell all the cards i win including rare weapons with this deck? xD

blarg: