*Author

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Backed Up Golem's! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35725.msg449675#msg449675
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »
i was thinking of other cards besides recluse that could enter but dont see any other than dragon but its too expensive anyways
diamond shield can be a better option when facing swarm tactics due to limited CC of the deck and most of the creatures would pass the gravity shield
Well... there are mummies, bone wall, deadly poison, boneyard, skull buckler (not more than two) or plague (rather useless if CC is already GF)
that come to mind of which I guess deadly poison would be the best replacement?

plate armor could be used alongside gravity shield as a way to stop the enemy creatures or as a way to protetc your own...
You're right, but wouldn't the deck get rather complicated? I think that Plate Armor + Gravity Shield  is a too different combo, and not too useful
if there's only one shield that you may draw too late  :)

+rep for making a nice and original deck  :P
thanks!!!  :o

Yes gemfinder is a good card, also making a deck 31 cards is rarely bad for the deck, specially vs AI3.

However I understand you'd like to keep one PA but I have one issue : with only one you're likely to draw it when it's useless and not have it when you need it..
I agree that it's one of the first cards that can be replaced. While instead a shield rarely is too late. I guess I'll add those suggestions in the OP  :)

Thanks to both of you for your help :D
Really really really appreciated!!
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Backed Up Golem's! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35725.msg449677#msg449677
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 09:32:55 pm »
the plate armor/gravity shield thing was just an idea that i thought of but i would like to see a deck using golems and this alongside GP, it could do nice

dont need to thank me, it was well deserved  ;)

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Backed Up Golem's! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35725.msg449681#msg449681
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 09:38:44 pm »
Well... there are mummies, bone wall, deadly poison, boneyard, skull buckler (not more than two) or plague (rather useless if CC is already GF)
that come to mind of which I guess deadly poison would be the best replacement?
it could replace the spiders yes, but then you would have to choose between speed and stability...

spiders deliver a bigger punch but are vulnerable to CC and can be stopped by shields

poison is much harder to counter and is not affected by shields, but it takes more time to work the opponents health effectively

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Backed Up Golem's! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35725.msg449685#msg449685
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 09:50:52 pm »
Spider deals twice the same damage than a poison do, the 3 quanta cost doesn't really hurts because SC produce 3 quanta each time and pulvy should be enough to deal with shield, for me spiders are better.

Again I'm glad to help such a nice guy building a very fun and original deck !
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline Poker Alho

• flips are overrated
Re: Backed Up Golem's! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35725.msg449688#msg449688
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 09:54:42 pm »
Spider deals twice the same damage than a poison do, the 3 quanta cost doesn't really hurts because SC produce 3 quanta each time and pulvy should be enough to deal with shield, for me spiders are better.

Again I'm glad to help such a nice guy building a very fun and original deck !
true, didnt account for the pulvy, so yeah, spiders are the best option

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Backed Up Golem's! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35725.msg449854#msg449854
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 08:49:52 am »
the plate armor/gravity shield thing was just an idea that i thought of but i would like to see a deck using golems and this alongside GP, it could do nice
Tried this in 15 games against AI3. 13 Wins :D
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
749 749 749 74d 74d 74d 74d 74d 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 77d 77d 77d 77d 77d 77e 77e 77e 77e 77f 77f 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 8pl

Name ideas? ;) What about Gith (Gravity is too heavy)?  :D

Same idea, but with  :fire
713 713 713 713 71f 71f 71f 71f 71f 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 7dm 7dm 7dm 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 8po

Won 10 of 10 games.
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Tarutao

Re: Backed Up Golem's! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35725.msg450278#msg450278
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 08:08:33 pm »
I think skull shield is worth another consideration for this deck if a shield would be added.

For starters, there is the synergy with gravity pull.  Creatures that you don't fully kill after a round of attacks would have lower HP and be more susceptible to turning into skeletons (and triggering soul catcher).  Granted, this is most likely to actually be useful when you are struggling to get a golem on the field, but then either you need to be concerned with getting outrushed (which skull buckler can shut down if the opponent is particularly rush-y) or are looking at a long game with high HP creatures (synergy) or few creatures (other shields would be similarly unuseful).

Offline Poker Alho

• flips are overrated
Re: Backed Up Golem's! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35725.msg450286#msg450286
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 08:29:50 pm »
I think skull shield is worth another consideration for this deck if a shield would be added.

For starters, there is the synergy with gravity pull.  Creatures that you don't fully kill after a round of attacks would have lower HP and be more susceptible to turning into skeletons (and triggering soul catcher).  Granted, this is most likely to actually be useful when you are struggling to get a golem on the field, but then either you need to be concerned with getting outrushed (which skull buckler can shut down if the opponent is particularly rush-y) or are looking at a long game with high HP creatures (synergy) or few creatures (other shields would be similarly unuseful).
the problem is, for you to play the skull shield you already need some death effects to occur while obviously having soul catchers in game... the other shields overall seem better imo

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Backed Up Golem's! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35725.msg454641#msg454641
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 04:31:10 am »
***TRIALS RESPONSE***

The trio nature of the deck is really what's holding it back, in my opinion. When it goes off it's brilliant but too often I found myself not drawing the key combination of Soul Catchers, Recluses, Gravity Pulls, and Steel Golems. Relying on a 4-card combo that isn't strong enough to win games outright is something I don't feel comfortable doing, so I ended up toying around with a bunch of different modifications until I found one that felt right.

5if 5if 6u1 6u1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 713 713 74i 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 7ae 7dr 7jr 7n0 7n8 7tb 80k 8pm

In the end I decided a PSNbow (PendulumSuperNovabow) was best, as I definitely didn't want to remove the Golems and Flesh recluses are too awesome to give up. While those cards stayed in, I had to reduce the number of Recluses to compensate for less :death generation, but two should be relatively easy to play even if you end up drawing both. Overdrive can make one Golem into a huge threat that your opponent if forced to answer or lose. I played with 2-3 slots full of Pulvies, Momentums, and Gravity Forces but decided I liked this the best. The Frog is a very dependable 5/3 that you can fuel from one Supernova, the option of Forest Spirits is closed off due to playing 2 Mind Flayers to use up excess :water and :aether, solid CC for problem creatures and 2 damage per turn is still damage per turn. The rest is primarily just usual rainbow cards, all playable off either one or two Snovas and each has the potential to win you games.
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

blarg: Gandora,Terroking