*Author

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg258184#msg258184
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2011, 04:31:51 am »
And my vote goes to xdude. He has his faults (I call him lazydude :P) but will continue to be a great master of :light, no doubt in my mind.
Not only do i agree, but i wouldnt call him lazy, as being lazy is an art mastered by few people (like me) i would call him more like reasonably procrastinator, anyways
VOTE XDUDE * If u want a reliable guy for master, who is overall the best (at least for me)*

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg258223#msg258223
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2011, 06:49:44 am »
Question 1: A brand new player(say less than a week old) registers in the forum. Upon looking at a link of the :light trials, they see your avatar.

They ask you simply: who is that man? What significance is it to you?
He is Dmitri Shostakovich, 20th Century Russian composer, and he is my look-alike.

Question 2: Consider this scenario. You didn't make it in this trails and you didn't make it in the next war. Another person has taken the role as :light master

After the trials, that :light master posts, and states officially they cannot possibly play due to personal problems. This person cannot lead :light into battle in the war and will leave for a very long period of time, claim is honorable and reasonable due to the circumstance.

Team members have already been chosen for :light. But by zanzarino, Scaredgirl, the council, and the war master's judgment decide you should be placed as master of :light.

1/2 of the players surrounding the war and even 1/2 of the members of the newly built :light team are against such an idea.

the other 1/2 of the players surrounding the war and the other 1/2 of the members of the newly built :light team welcome you.

Declare a side you would pick. Give a speech/solution to this crisis.
(I'm not picking sides, because "a house divided against itself..."  Also, you don't mention why half of them are against me taking over.  Without that information, this is going to sound pretty generic.)

"If you don't want me to be Master, I'll respect that sentiment, but this is a decision handed down to me so that the War can continue.  We're supposed to be a team, and like it or not, I am going to be your captain.  If you decide to let this get in the way of doing your best and working together, you shame this team and [Former Master].  If you won't do it for me, do it for him.  Why did you join this team?  Was it to play on [Former Master]'s side?  Was it because other teams were already full and you figured one team was as good as another?  Or did you join because you believe - as I do - that Light is the greatest of the Elements, and you're going to prove that to the world?  Put aside your disagreements.  Our opponents won't give us a break because we had to change Masters at the last minute.  Don't give them a break either."

Question 3: Many people take up the roles of leadership with the notion of "having something to prove" or "having something they believe in", even as humble as "to test ones self"

Consider the scenario: You become the master of :light.

After a long and difficult road. Your team wins the war.

What would this prove to yourself and others?
To myself I have nothing to prove here, and I care little what others think of me, but it would prove that a landslide comeback is possible in Trials.  As for the War, we would have proven that Gravity and Entropy can do nothing to put out Light.  Gravity may swing us around, and Entropy may scatter us to the corners of the universe, but we will still emerge shining as bright as ever!!

(commence cheesy movie-style battle cry)

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg258302#msg258302
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2011, 11:57:33 am »
And my vote goes to xdude. He has his faults (I call him lazydude :P) but will continue to be a great master of :light, no doubt in my mind.
Not only do i agree, but i wouldnt call him lazy, as being lazy is an art mastered by few people (like me) i would call him more like reasonably procrastinator, anyways
VOTE XDUDE * If u want a reliable guy for master, who is overall the best (at least for me)*
Me? Lazy? Why, I'd never!

DK:

1. Different. Not harder or easier, but different. However, I think the experience from War 1 helped a lot in deckbuilding / Vault managing. Also, you might want to change the wording to "the only one who has been a Master since the start". I'm the only Light Master that ever was  8) (seriously!)

2. I'd tell them to post on deck threads, participate in Leagues/Weekly Tournaments/PvP events and, most importantly, hang out in chat. The chat is really the best way to get yourself known.

3. First, I'm not sure I'd want to go again. If I were to be defeated while having 5+ upped cards advantage I'd wonder whether or not I'm capable of being as good as a Master as the winner. If I WOULD want to get the title back, I'd study each and every deck of my opponent, find EVERY single mistake in his deckbuilding style, make at least a dozen decks for next Trials and use his weaknesses as much as I can. (note: sadly, I've only seen 1 of Ryan's decks, so I can't show you what I mean now.  :-X )
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg258387#msg258387
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2011, 04:00:48 pm »
IMPORTANT NOTE : After reading DK's post through over and over, I noticed jippy's quote. I suggest that if by some random reason you decided to vote on me instead of jippy (who knows.) I'd like to ask you not to. Vote on him normally. After all, this is for the person you'd think that'd become the best master. If it's impossible or not for him to join, that's the main question, and I'd feel bad if I got more votes because of that.

Holy mother of text walls, it's DK and his much feared random questions of doom.

Or in a serious note.. heya. =P

While I agree he will always be a great master, you don't know if he will be the best of the best best of best from trials. (Please notice I did not boast myself or made any attacks to his voting community - this is just me, stating a random fact that you may think about or not. Please don't take this in the wrong way.)

Oh, and on a side note, I really like your questions, DK.  :P

Quote from: DesertKnight
Question 1: Inspiration comes in many forms. Sometimes it can inspire you to act diffrently or think about something diffrently.

How has elements (in general) inspired you in the game? (such as chat/forums/ player interactions - avoid using "real life - out of game effects")
I lost the game!

Now on a serious note - Elements is a great game. Playing this game and acting, speaking and taking part of the huge community is a great experience - Something that I'm glad I'm being part of, as all people are nice, helpful and such.

In chat, Elements has proven to me not all chats are spam (Yes, it's possible, Batman!), and also made me type a little better. (Even if not a lot..)

Forums were also a great experience and go through what I said. The typing got also better and my posts actually have some kind of content into it.

Player Interactions are probably one of the best thing. Everybody is helpful, so newbie's aren't looked down or left out.

Quote from: DesertKnight
Question 2: Consider this scenario. You did become the next master of :light.

In this scenario,imagine a "known" player outlandishly criticizing you for being chosen as the master of :light.

This player after many years later, becomes a major threat and has not changed their view about you.  They become a master of another element in a future war. (does not have to be the next upcoming war)

At the end of a difficult battle. This player defeats you fairly.
But the same outlandish and boasting criticism commences.   

The community would like your response.
First of all, my general response after every game - Good Game.

I always say that unless I played in a suckish way. That's why against Ryan666, trials, I posted "I won't say Good Games.", as I played really badly that day.

Ahem, I'm going off topic.

First of all, let's go to the past, before he defeated me. I'd first like to ask him WHY does he not like me being the master of :light. Obviously, unless you post to me his/her answer, then I'll assume he(or she.) didn't. If you DO post what he(or she.) answers, I'll reformulate my answer to better suit what you will ask.

So, assuming he(or she.) did NOT answer me, I'd continue on.

Now when we meet and once he(or she.) defeats me, and he starts boasting, my two answers would be..

"Good games! I really liked them. I guess you're the champion now, =P. I liked that (insert deck here) deck. Maybe if I had used (insert deck here)... Oh well. They were nice games, I'm glad to have played you. Maybe someday we can Duel again? xD"

Not those exact words, but that's pretty much what I would say. Maybe a word less, two words more, but that'd be the foundation of everything.
If even after I said those words he'd keep boasting and telling me I suck, or criticizing my play-stile, decks or whatever in such a negative way, I'd make my answer again.

I wouldn't criticize back at him(or her.). It's much better to treat those things with a touch of maturity and going back to the base of the problem ("Why don't you agree with me being the master of :light?") and then start a decent, reasonable (And if possible, without any flaming) discussion over that until both of us are happy with the outcome. And if both of us AREN'T happy about the outcome and he (or she.) continues to boast and criticize even after all that talk, the only way to go would be to ignore and continue on with my life.

Quote from:  Desert Knight
Question 3: Consider this scenario you are to travel back in time, for the sake of clarity; the trial/war list would show Dm1321, instead of xdude for that time period.

What would you do differently? What are some changes that you would do? Give 3 points, (you may use any aspect between the trials/war - such as bidding, tactics, and game play analysis)
First of all, I'd look for insight with others - even future opponents of war - for insight of what is good to have in a vault. I'd then put those answers together with my own "instinct" or strategic guesses (You can also read - Coin Toss choices) to make a vault that looks decent and well-built. Enemies and friends together, they're all a valuable source of information. If you want to be good, you can't do it all by yourself.

I'd also look wider for possible :light team players. Even if he/she never wins a tournament, I'll take into count activeness, PVP skill and deck-building.

Third and last, inside war, I'd check on other war topics (war archive) for Popular decks of each element and try to develop a counter to it. For example, what if against :light they used the same decks for both Wars? I'd then build a counter to it, and to maybe a second deck in just one deck to have better chances of winning. I wouldn't forget to take into account what decks did they build to beat :light or other teams, and try to develop a way to turn the table around. I'd also try to keep track of what would happen with everyone's vault, trying to keep focused and detailed.

I guess those were the three points, that even if not necessarily Good and awesome, are, in my point of view, decent.

Cynxos

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg259239#msg259239
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2011, 12:25:56 am »
My vote will msot likely be going for xdude, for an extremely simple reason;
I've been on these forums since scaredgirl opened them from the previous orginial forum.
And since then, I saw xdude do a superb job, and I know he is capable of even more.
But we shall see!
My question to you challangers is the following (not you xdude):
By particpating in these challanges, you are proclaiming that you are capable of being a good master for light.
But I do think that good master, is one that LOVES his element, not one that joins out of the wish of just simply becoming a master.
What exactly do you love about light if at all? Is it a card? The element's philosophy? Or do  you have some other motive?

And to you xdude (feel free to answer the above if you feel up to it):
I have to say, I see a good, nay, a great leader in you. So tell me, what do you think makes a you a good and responsible leader; but more then that, what could you do to improve and become the best master there could be?

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg259354#msg259354
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 06:06:03 am »
It is the whole concept.  Light was the first element I picked when I tried Elements for the first time for a reason; decent runners-up element-wise (not concerning the game, but in general) would be Air and Water.  Not really sure what draws me to Light.  In World of Warcraft, my favorite class was Mage, but a very close second was Discipline Priest - the concept behind which is to ignore a large portion of damage, either dealt to you or to someone in your party.  Discipline Priest could be said to be the analogue for the Light Elemental in this game.  I always enjoyed healing most in various multiplayer games, too.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg259437#msg259437
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2011, 09:33:58 am »
I started as time, and I end up on gravity. I still like gravity, it's somewhat in a Tie with Light (Even though I like Light somewhat more.). These trials aren't just to see if I'll be a great master, but more of a test so I can know how much do I really know light and how can I improve.

... Wait, that's off topic.

I like Light because it's simple and awesome. From healing to attacking and damaging spells (Even if situational), light has it all. Except PC and CC. But I still love it.

• Legendary Member
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg259452#msg259452
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2011, 10:15:00 am »
What exactly do you love about light if at all? Is it a card? The element's philosophy? Or do  you have some other motive?
Well, since you were here ever since the Forums opened, I suppose you know how the first Masters were chosen. SG received applications and chose the best, just like how the Council does with other Forum positions now. Light and Air, if I remember correct had no applications. Back then, I was pretty much using an unupped SGbow (old one) for grinding FG's, and that's like all I had - I had no special feelings for any element. But I couldn't stop from wondering why NOBODY applied for Light. So I did just that - but, having only 50 posts, I was pretty sure I wouldn't get it. Next day - surprise - I get a new title above my Forum Profile! After that, my love for Light grew, as I lead Light to 2nd place in the Masters' Tourney and 4th in the War. And it shall never faint.

I have to say, I see a good, nay, a great leader in you. So tell me, what do you think makes a you a good and responsible leader; but more then that, what could you do to improve and become the best master there could be?
Well, I can't tell you for sure what made me how I am. But I can tell you that since last War, I have improved. I participated in some tourneys, where honestly I should've won some matches (semi finals or quarter finals) but lady luck did things like this to me:
  • all 6 Graboids in the last 10 cards
  • all Pillars in the first hand
  • etc.
But mainly, I feel I might've finally made the step from your average player to... well, this is to be seen. What can I do to improve? Well, what everybody does. Participate in competitive PvP and profit. As about the organisation part, I feel I've done almost all there could be done. I spent a lot of time, and helped all my teammates with their tasks.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.

Ryan666

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg259664#msg259664
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2011, 05:55:25 pm »
I have to say that I'm not too proud of myself about the votes that I received, though I am still thankful to the people that voted for me. I will try my hardest in the final battle.

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg259676#msg259676
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2011, 06:04:27 pm »
I have to say that I'm not too proud of myself about the votes that I received, though I am still thankful to the people that voted for me. I will try my hardest in the final battle.
Votes mean nothing. Give me a good fight in the Final Battles, be awesome in War, go in some PvP events/Tourneys and you'll have at least double the votes next time.

Also, remember, the card disadvantage is not very big, and you have enough upps to successfully put up any deck based on upped cards.

Good luck!
Personal text by Cheesy

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg259682#msg259682
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2011, 06:10:36 pm »
11. More then I expected, less then I wanted. I wasn't far off from Ryan. I feel bad for jippy. Johann got a lot of votes. But Xdude made everyone eat some dust.

Offline BC

• Reputation Power: 0
  • BC hides under a Cloak.
  • have an escape plan
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg259722#msg259722
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2011, 07:01:14 pm »
While I agree he will always be a great master, you don't know if he will be the best of the best best of best from trials. (Please notice I did not boast myself or made any attacks to his voting community - this is just me, stating a random fact that you may think about or not. Please don't take this in the wrong way.)
Oh? But I do know. That's what the voting period is about: you vote for the candidate you feel will make the best master of that element.

anything
blarg: