*Author

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg257782#msg257782
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 04:03:59 pm »
To willng3:
Question 1: At 30 posts a jr. member can being to choose their own avatar. If you remember what you choose. Tell what it was and explain why you choose it at the time. 

If you cannot recall what it was, or if you didn't choose one; please look at the list (its basically images of things found in the elements game) choose one and explain one that you would pick.

Question 2: Consider this scenario: You do not make win the trials and are not picked in the upcoming war.

Give a strategy and/or plan that would aim for being master in the next trials.

Question 3: Consider this scenario:  You are the master for :life in the next war.

I want you to first imagine a player who you find is exceptional, highly desirable for your team in war. (do not type their name here) just imagine it, keep it in mind.

In this scenario, that player is not at all convinced to join you in war. That player is 50-50 in joining you.

Please give a speech, create a dialogue/or chat that would take place between you two to convince them to join your team
Awesome, finally get my chance to answer your questions :)

Question 1:  Despite my amazingly poor and selective memory, I do remember my first avatar I chose at 30 posts.  It was a Rustler.  Why did I choose Rustler?  Well, firstly I wanted to select a :life creature for my first avatar and it seemed like Rustler was fairly uncommon so I went with it.  Also, at the time I was interested in using FFQ as my main strategy, and Rustler was a pivotal role in that deck's success overall.  Plus the guy just looks so darn cool.

Question 2:  I honestly believe I have done everything within my power to increase my chances of getting selected as master, however, in the event that I am not made master, it is clear that I do need to improve on my own PvP skills for the future.  There were a few instances in the second phase where luck ultimately decided the outcome of a duel, but this could all have been remedied had I taken my opponents during that phase more seriously.  I currently have 3 decks in particular saved away that possess unreal amounts of power which I did not use during phase 2 because I thought it wise to use them during the Final Battle where the surprise of them appearing would surely give me an enormous advantage.  I assumed that I would be able to win Phase 2 using pure strategy and not brute force, but in the end I simply over-calculated my opponents and made mistakes in assuming they would make one move when they did no such thing.  I either need more strategic plays for next Trials or I need to gain more experience in PvP Events such as this.

Question 3:  Well this is a difficult one to answer.  It's difficult because you don't get to choose which teams to join for the war, you choose which teams you will allow to bid on you; for your question I will ask questions based on reluctance to choose :life as an element to bid on them.  Predicting exactly what someone else would say is going to be difficult.  For the sake of this example...the pro player will be known as Bob.

Me:  Hello Bob.
Bob:  Greetings willng3.
Me:  So I understand that you are interested and yet still possess reservations about choosing :life for the auction phase.  Is this correct?
Bob:  Yes, yes it is.
Me:  Are there any particular reasons why you feel this way?
Bob:  Well, from a realistic perspective I'm not too confident in my abilities to use Life as my element of choice during a PvP situation.
Me:  Aye, it's not the easiest element to use in PvP considering the current metagame.  However, I don't believe this should stop you.
Bob:  Oh?  Why is that?
Me:  Because the team I'm putting together is specifically intended to be reliable in one area or another.  In other words:  Just because you might not be well acquainted with Life overall, I have other members on my list to take care of Deckbuilding and forming Strategies against the opponent.  You have an excellent understanding of what goes on in PvP, so I have no doubt that you would be able to play your deck well in any situation.  Your ability to analyze your opponents is uncanny; I need that kind of skill on my team.
Bob:  Hmm...what you say does seem true enough, but are you sure I am the best for that role?
Me:  Yes.  The current consensus is that Life's abilities in PvP is inferior to the other Elements even with its incredible synergy with other Elements.  Unfortunately this means that players who might be more experienced with Life feel their chances of winning would be better suited with a different Element.  Besides, I still stand by the statement that your skills for predicting your opponents has no equal.
Bob:  Heh, your reasoning is hard to refute.  I hadn't thought of the position Life is in compared to the other Elements.  I didn't want to act as a Loyalist to an Element unless I felt I was needed for that Element's success and I have to say that you've convinced me to select Life as one of those Elements.
Me:  Thanks.  If I had 8 team members with your kind of integrity I would be the happiest Master on earth.  We'll see how the auction phase affects this then.
Bob:  Indeed we shall.  I look forward to the bidding process.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg257826#msg257826
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 05:24:31 pm »
Question 1: Please tell me a story of a time in chat/forums/during the game that gave you the most difficulty and discomfort.(does not have to relate to :life, you may not use any war/trial references-past or present)
Question 2: Zanzarino personally goes to you for advice on how to "nerf" :life.

Take the position of accepting this change, give some points on either the gameplay, cards, and any aspect pertaining to :life. Explain why.

Question 3: Consider this scenario:  You continue on as the master for :life.

A "known" member of the forums/chat (a non-guest), is giving reasonable arguments (they are not insulting you or giving absurd statements) for you to step down before the bidding takes place.

Respond to this player.

Question one. Well me and nilses got into a little chat fight, all forgiven now of course but i wont go far into the details

Questions two
I would say he already has :D but adrenaline is the most powerful for life by the current standards, so whatever.
Question three i would simply ask him to pvp me, so i could kick his butt.  Ill edit this later when im done.

wizelsnarf

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg257830#msg257830
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2011, 05:29:59 pm »
To Wizelsnarf:
Question 1: Give the name and/or describe a "team mascot" that would/could be used to represent :life. Explain why you would pick choose this?
Question 2: Consider this scenario: You become the next master of :life.

New players(consider them one week old) enter the chat room overhear the conversation about "war". They are excited and are willing to go to extreme lengths to join the war under :life.

In this scenario, they are just as diligent and hard working as you would want as a possible selection in the next war.

Guide them, tell them what you want them to do so they can join your team. Do not make them do the minimum requirements; they are diligent and hard working to go beyond that.

Take them to the next level.

Question 3: Again consider this scenario:You are the master for :life.

From the previous question. Your team enters battle and get eliminated in the beginning rounds.

Beaten and demoralized they look towards you for morale support.

Respond to them.

1. Well the obvious mascot is Pepokish herself. She is adorable but ferocious.  But I guess if I had to choose a mascot that is part of the game  and has a "game" picture, then it would be the Rustler. Rustlers bridge the gap between animal(creature) and plant and are the ideal symbol of Life. They turn Light into Life just like in the real world. They have small stats but big power and are the only creature in the game that can use their skill as many times as they want. I think they show how Life is fragile but Life is ever growing.
2. Standards I would set for a new player joining the team (achievable in 2 weeks)
  • A minimum score of 10,000, preferably 20,000
  • A screen shot showing their ownership of all unupgraded basic Life cards and at least two Druidic Staves
  • At least 100 Forum Posts
  • A PM to me explaining their situation in Real Life. Are they in school? Do they work? What are their hours? When do they have vacations and what will they be doing then? All to show commitment in the long run.
  • 5 Original Card Ideas that would support Life
  • Participation in at least 1 tournament
  • Beat me in an unupgraded PvP duel - up to 10 attempts allowed
3. If the team became demoralized I would point to War #2 and Life's Third place finish as proof that Life is not weak and can achieve a high ranking. I would ask them to continue to support life and I would ask them to start planning for War #4 right away. I would ask them to help plan a W4 Vault and try to give them confidence that they have another chance to prove themselves. I would guarantee them a spot in War #4 Team Life if they decided to stay on and keep working.

Furthermore, I would try and do lots of deck testing. Perhaps even run a little Sunday night Life Team only tournament under War rules so that we would have lots of practice building and playing War decks.

Lastly, I would try and cheer them up by making them each an altered, humorous Life creature for their forum icon.

Offline ak65ala

• Reputation Power: 8
  • ak65ala is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg259506#msg259506
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 01:25:38 pm »
I apologize for not participating in this portion of the trials.  My grandfather just recently died, and I was able to make the day long trip through the snowy weather we on the east coast are experiencing to attend his funeral.  I felt that taking second place in the battles, putting me 4 points behind, was enough to end my chances of continuing all the way in this trial, so I focused on more personal matters this last week.

I do understand that the community DOES have the capacity to make me continue onward, but I don't feel I have earned that yet (shockers for everyone if that happens).  Still getting a name for myself, and I hope that my accomplishments within these trials continue to illuminate my skills as a PvPer and my ability as a leader.  Thank you for everyone who rooted for me in these past few weeks.

P.S.  I don't feel I am ready to me a master anyway.  I mean... I haven't won a Nymph in over 3 months now... Obviously I need more luck before I can take a master's position. Right?

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg259631#msg259631
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 05:16:29 pm »
And again chat activeness takes over most of votes, I stand true and who'd still love to see KDZ master again

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg259706#msg259706
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2011, 06:36:11 pm »
Wow.....Will missed the final battle by 1 point against Wizel.....

wizelsnarf

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg259814#msg259814
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2011, 08:32:28 pm »
Makes me feel awkward - most people wanted will to win, even knowing his chances were slim.

willng3 and I are the closest in points of everyone in the trials too.

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg260017#msg260017
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2011, 11:36:40 pm »
I apologize for not participating in this portion of the trials.  My grandfather just recently died, and I was able to make the day long trip through the snowy weather we on the east coast are experiencing to attend his funeral.  I felt that taking second place in the battles, putting me 4 points behind, was enough to end my chances of continuing all the way in this trial, so I focused on more personal matters this last week.

I do understand that the community DOES have the capacity to make me continue onward, but I don't feel I have earned that yet (shockers for everyone if that happens).  Still getting a name for myself, and I hope that my accomplishments within these trials continue to illuminate my skills as a PvPer and my ability as a leader.  Thank you for everyone who rooted for me in these past few weeks.

P.S.  I don't feel I am ready to me a master anyway.  I mean... I haven't won a Nymph in over 3 months now... Obviously I need more luck before I can take a master's position. Right?
That sucks ak65ala. Don't worry about missing the trials, you did as well anyone could ask in the first 2 Phases, and in the third, you were doing something much more important.
I wasn't in these trials, but I could tell you did pretty well. Good luck with anything that needs it, and Sorry about your grandfather.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg260921#msg260921
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2011, 01:21:18 am »
Ah well not the best news to receive upon my return.  1 point away is heartbreaking, but I'm not giving up; I can't begin to show my appreciation for those who supported me despite the odds against me, thank you all.  Best of luck to both wizelsnarf and KDZ; I'll be back with even more vigor next time :)
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

kitty45

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg269338#msg269338
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2011, 02:16:18 pm »
Ah well not the best news to receive upon my return.  1 point away is heartbreaking, but I'm not giving up; I can't begin to show my appreciation for those who supported me despite the odds against me, thank you all.  Best of luck to both wizelsnarf and KDZ; I'll be back with even more vigor next time :)
And you got the most votes  :'( :'( :'(

blarg: