Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Life?

Linkcat
14 (77.8%)
DoctorC
2 (11.1%)
None Worthy
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 03, 2020, 07:14:48 pm

*Author

Offline PlayerOaTopic starter

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67924.msg1301487#msg1301487
« on: July 27, 2020, 07:14:48 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member may vote on only one candidate. You can change your vote(s) at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you believe none of the Trialists should be Master, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67924.msg1301511#msg1301511
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 12:11:13 am »
1) Who is this 'None' and why do you think he/she is worthy? :silly:

2) What does your Element's Mark looks like to you, what impressions does it give to you?

3) What sort of card does your Element miss? (Designing that card is a bonus.)

4) Who would be your ideal / most feared STANDIN? (For contestants who will surely face a STANDIN.)

5) Make a nice scribble of your favorite card!

6) Who do you respect the best from your Element's previous masters?

1) N0ne has the sickest Falcon in the world, I think he'd be worthy of any title you could give him.

2) To me the Mark of Life does not look like anything else. That icon is Life. It represents itself, and the game of Elements as a whole. It's always been the icon for the main game page, and I have looked at it most days for the past 11 years. By this association it also represents the entire community, all the time and effort I have put into it, and all the relationships I have formed because of it.

3) Some way to not autolose to Dims. As an example I'll use a card I designed a while ago.

Spoiler for Hidden:
NAME:
Click here to add title
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
5 :life
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:

NAME:
Click here to add title
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
4 :life
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:

ART:

IDEA:
Linkcat
NOTES:
The first two abilities trigger at the end of every turn. The third ability is passive.
SERIES:

4) I am not facing a STANDIN, but if I were it would have to be rob. Defeating a master of the opposite element would be very fitting, and he's also a close friend and not too far ahead of me in skill.

5) I'm not going to give anyone nightmares from seeing my attempt at a drawing, but I will share this piece that was drawn for me several years ago by a user named Jaxly.

6) We're going all the way back for this one. To me there is no Master that has led Life as well as Gl1tch. He was from an era when a mastership was more than just being good at PvP. It was about representing your element in every aspect of the community, standing up for it, being its face, attracting newcomers, and loving it more than anyone else. He was a big part of why Life became my favorite element in the first place, and when he was Master I knew my element was in good hands. Kdz, I'll never forgive you for beating him in the second Trials. >:(

Last War, Life went AFK by R3. How can you assure life will be an active team during War time?

Last War I mostly joined just to get enough people for 4 players a a team. At the time I was at work about 50 hours out of the week, and my job was physically demanding so I did not have much energy to put into other things. I can not speak for Muffin who did nothing besides playing his Round 1 match, but I know joey and math were both working crazier hours. I ended up doing our vault almost single-handedly and playing 2 of our Round 1 matches, while math speedbuilt the decks which resulted in suboptimal builds. When it came near the end of prep time for round 2 and I saw that I had to do DST and build all the decks by myself without having used a vault tool before, it was simply too much and I had neither the time nor energy to solo War. Serp sent the team a PM a day before round 3, he did not receive any reply, and that was it.

I am currently on what I'm calling an extended vacation due to Covid, and I will likely stay that way through the duration of War since my finances will be in good shape for a while. As General I would have full control over drafting active teammates, and even if disaster strikes again I would have both the obligation and the ability to solo this time. But even so, I could still be hit by a bus or something Round 1, so you never really know for sure.

Which card from your element has the most sex appeal? Feel free to support your claim with as much or little evidence as you like.

Green Nymph wins by default.

Who is the community member that best represents your element that hasn't been associated with your element already?

Kuro.

How would you imagine your perfect Avatar-esque element fighting style?

Can bend plant life at will, can command animals, can heal by transferring life force. Must be willing, cannot drain lifeforce from enemies.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 01:10:34 am by Linkcat »
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67924.msg1301528#msg1301528
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 07:51:39 pm »
Last War, Life went AFK by R3. How can you assure life will be an active team during War time?
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

blarg: