Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Gravity?

andretimpa
14 (77.8%)
Naesala
4 (22.2%)
None Worthy
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 03, 2020, 07:14:09 pm

*Author

Offline PlayerOaTopic starter

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67923.msg1301485#msg1301485
« on: July 27, 2020, 07:14:09 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member may vote on only one candidate. You can change your vote(s) at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you believe none of the Trialists should be Master, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67923.msg1301515#msg1301515
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 03:45:05 am »
Spoiler for Wyand:
1) Who is this 'None' and why do you think he/she is worthy? :silly:

I don't know, but I'm shocked and appalled that TrOs allowed this guy to run for all trials. This is cheating, and cheaters aren't worthy :sillyspin:

2) What does your Element's Mark looks like to you, what impressions does it give to you?

It looks like a planet with some rings around it, drawn by someone who doesn't understand how planet rings work, but still wanted to give it a go (sorry Zanz :P)

3) What sort of card does your Element miss? (Designing that card is a bonus.)

Gravity could really use a second shield. I designed one where attacking creatures get -1|+1 for every hit all the way back in Trials 8

Spoiler for card:

However as Sub pointed out, he got there first http://elementscommunity.org/forum/crucible-archive/chain-shield-shield-chain/

5) Make a nice scribble of your favorite card!

6) Who do you respect the best from your Element's previous masters?

Ginyu, though Laxa comes in a close second (you're still 3rd, w3  :-*)

Spoiler for Link:
Why is the element you are trialing for your favorite? If it's a different element than the one you last trialed for, why the switch?

I picked up gravity early on when I was trying to get around dims and started using momentum. Colorless SoFo also had an influence here. Since then I grew fond of the weird control style that gravity offers.

Spoiler for Nae:
Which card from your element has the most sex appeal? Feel free to support your claim with as much or little evidence as you like.

Time for some jokes that fly over kids heads

Spoiler for card 1:
Otys, they always swallow
Spoiler for card2:
Black Hole. Am I talking about suction? About backdoors? You decide!  :sillyspin:
Spoiler for card 3:
Overdrive

Spoiler for DC:
Who is the community member that best represents your element that hasn't been associated with your element already?

Spike's belly is worth of a gravity member :P

Yes, it's me.

No, it's 2013, not 1970.

And no, i'm not pregnant, it's the wind puffin' up my T-shirt.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Now chatters, stop callin' me Pamela! Silly!

Spoiler for DocC:
How would you imagine your perfect Avatar-esque element fighting style?

A gravity-bender would be able to control the gravity they and their opponents feel. I think the weightless fight scene in Inception is a great illustration of how that could look like.

Spoiler for the scene:

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 12:45:17 am by andretimpa »
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67923.msg1301639#msg1301639
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 01:07:28 am »
Answers here as I get to them <3

Spoiler for Wyand:
1) Who is this 'None' and why do you think he/she is worthy? :silly:

None has been here since the very first Trials. While they may have skipped every task so far, their seniority predates many of us, and they are truly fit to lead every element.

2) What does your Element's Mark looks like to you, what impressions does it give to you?

I could see it either as a planet or black hole, pulling things in/around it. I always thought it was a cute enough symbol for gravity that gets the point across at a glance, which is hard otherwise given orange doesn't have a strong connotation with the element and gravity is a hard thing to represent (rivaled only by entropy and aether imo)

3) What sort of card does your Element miss? (Designing that card is a bonus.)

Gravity has great CC and beaters, but suffers a lot with card disadvantage with high cost cards that are consumed or destroyed quickly without generating value against CC. I think a token generator would be appreciated to help Gravity's stall strategy and something to help maintain value could be helped. Such as:

Spoiler for Card:

5) Make a nice scribble of your favorite card!

Spoiler for Containing the Hotness:

6) Who do you respect the best from your Element's previous masters?

I never really got to know them super well, as I was never big on PvP back in the day. If I say andre does that earn points for me or them  :-\  ^_^

Spoiler for Linkcat:
Why is the element you are trialing for your favorite? If it's a different element than the one you last trialed for, why the switch?
Gravity's been my favorite element since I started the game way back when. While it has secondary themes of technology and law, it's an element that hasn't really received wide interest in media, either as an element or power, as opposed to common ones like fire or light. Aether and Entropy are the same in that regard, but I'm not drawn to the chaos of entropy or aether's single defining theme of insubstantial immortality. Besides that, the element had a lot of cards that drew me in. Seeing Otyughs outside pathfinder/Dungeons and dragons was a surprise (and an aspect I have clearly latched onto), and I loved the old honey-badger sapphire charger (though gem-cow is cute too!) and the implied Graviton society. While it's playstyle is hardly the strongest or best, especially in mono, it's still got a lot more flavor and spirit than the others in a lot of ways.

Spoiler for Naesala:
Great question! Setting aside Otyugh of course, due to personal bias, I'd say Massive Dragon. The coy look in their eyes combined with the necessary implications of the name scream confidence that no other card posses. And nothing is sexier than confidence.

Spoiler for Double Capitals:
Who is the community member that best represents your element that hasn't been associated with your element already?

I know it's more than one, but I'd say all of the admins for holding the community together despite all the bumps and difficulties.

Get it? Hold together?! I'll see myself out.

Spoiler for DoctorC:
How would you imagine your perfect Avatar-esque element fighting style?
All bending styles are based, at their core, on actual eastern martial arts and fighting techniques. For that reason, I believe the core of Gravity bending should be sumo. Sumo is based largely on an initial first charge and tackle, and then later by grabs meant to twist and turn, altering an opponent's momentum to toss them from the ring. Likewise, Gravity bending should be based on an initial charge, using your power to alter your mass for particularly powerful tackles. Then enhanced gravity can allow you to push your opponent down into the ground.

For balance reasons, I imagine gravity bending to be both rare and difficult to master, and so, like sumo, require diligence and strict adherence to practice that can sometimes be tainted by an excessive focus on tradition. Fledgling benders are encouraged to focus solely on their own momentum and density, as altering from further away becomes increasingly difficult and could lead to catastrophe.

Advanced techniques for the bending would be flight by nature of repelling yourself from the earth, slowing or stopping the opponent's movements at close range, launching projectiles of any sort, and creating shields of force that repel attacks. Movements at these ranges would resemble heavy movements and grabs in the air, or short, powerful slaps and chops.

Avatar and Master-level techniques include replication of water/earth/air and any other physical bending, imploding enemies, turning off enemy gravity to send them flying into space, or repelling any physical substance away from the body. Perfect control of gravity is an incredibly powerful force, with the potential to destroy or repel anything with amazing force. It is, at its strongest, both the perfect shield and the most deadly weapon.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 03:35:59 pm by Naesala »
Your favorite Hotyugh

blarg: