*Author

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg134726#msg134726
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 10:14:37 pm »
I'm still surprised there wasn't more competitors for Earth, but nonetheless, having 3 makes it easier to choose from. :D Again, not responding to my question may sway my vote away from you...

Q: Several elements have various forms of permanent control (Entropy’s Butterfly Effect, Fire’s Explosion/Deflagration, Darkness’ Steal, etc.), but only ONE element has something to counter such permanent control: Earth. What is your opinion about Earth having exclusive access to such protection, and do you feel that permanent control is a big deal in elements, or not?

bojengles77

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg134763#msg134763
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 11:16:08 pm »
To be honest, I'm not sure who to vote for here. Terro is great. Awesome in fact.... when he's on. In the later parts of the war I can't remember him being terribly active (then again, I was gone for two weeks of the war so I shouldn't talk >_>), while $$$man was consistently active. And ever since then I haven't seen Terro on much either.

So basically, if Terro starts to prove himself to be more active, I'll vote for him. Until then, I'm leaning towards $$$man.
My feelings exactly. Terro is a great master, but he seems to be terribly inactive, especially in chat. I want a master who is active in all parts of the community. Additionally, (though i believe he was on vacation) he didn't play his first match in the Team PvP event, and signing up for things such as that, knowing you can't compete is a slap in the face to your team.

I voted for $$$man, I think he's come to represent :earth for me and has a great love for the element. I also see him as an able leader and will grow into the shoes of a master if he becomes one.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg134812#msg134812
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 02:29:51 am »
To be honest, I'm not sure who to vote for here. Terro is great. Awesome in fact.... when he's on. In the later parts of the war I can't remember him being terribly active (then again, I was gone for two weeks of the war so I shouldn't talk >_>), while $$$man was consistently active. And ever since then I haven't seen Terro on much either.

So basically, if Terro starts to prove himself to be more active, I'll vote for him. Until then, I'm leaning towards $$$man.
I was very active during this time (through the whole war actually), and if I recall correctly, Terro was quite active as well. He was pretty much always around when I needed him anyway :-p Besides, it's summer, so recent activity isn't too reliable.

My feelings exactly. Terro is a great master, but he seems to be terribly inactive, especially in chat. I want a master who is active in all parts of the community. Additionally, (though i believe he was on vacation) he didn't play his first match in the Team PvP event, and signing up for things such as that, knowing you can't compete is a slap in the face to your team.

I voted for $$$man, I think he's come to represent :earth for me and has a great love for the element. I also see him as an able leader and will grow into the shoes of a master if he becomes one.
I wasn't aware that being active in chat was required of a master. I don't think there's much of a need to be active in the chat. Not much happens there, other than Zanz showing up occasionally to reveal cards or get feedback or answer questions (or maybe just to chat :-P ). I see him on most days though. Are you sure you just aren't on when he is? And how active is active?

bojengles77

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg134815#msg134815
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 02:35:04 am »
I wasn't aware that being active in chat was required of a master. I don't think there's much of a need to be active in the chat. Not much happens there, other than Zanz showing up occasionally to reveal cards or get feedback or answer questions (or maybe just to chat :-P ). I see him on most days though. Are you sure you just aren't on when he is? And how active is active?
Is there a list of things "required of a master" somewhere that i didn't know about? In my book, being active in chat is a large plus. And he tends to be in chat, but very often is AFK. Chat is the best place for personal interactions to get to know other people in the community.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg134850#msg134850
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 03:06:47 am »
Is there a list of things "required of a master" somewhere that i didn't know about? In my book, being active in chat is a large plus. And he tends to be in chat, but very often is AFK. Chat is the best place for personal interactions to get to know other people in the community.
I'm pretty sure there is a list of what masters are expected/required to do.

Also, if you're basing your votes off of who is active in the community, why did you vote for Bloodshadow? He's never in chat, I've never seen him in a tournament, and most of his topics are card ideas and art. Kael comes to chat, has played in tournaments, and, yes, many of his topics/posts are card ideas, but outside of that section it is clear that his understanding of the game is superb. He's also on more than anyone else, except SG, who doesn't count :-p

bojengles77

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg134872#msg134872
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 03:34:54 am »
I'm pretty sure there is a list of what masters are expected/required to do.

Also, if you're basing your votes off of who is active in the community, why did you vote for Bloodshadow? He's never in chat, I've never seen him in a tournament, and most of his topics are card ideas and art. Kael comes to chat, has played in tournaments, and, yes, many of his topics/posts are card ideas, but outside of that section it is clear that his understanding of the game is superb. He's also on more than anyone else, except SG, who doesn't count :-p
I'm basing my vote off a lot of things, activity is simply an important criterion.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg134879#msg134879
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 03:44:32 am »
I vote for bloodshadow. He seems to exemplify :darkness, while Kael seems to exemplify evil. There's a significant difference.
Sounds like only one reason to me :-p

This is mostly playful argument on my part by the way.

bojengles77

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg134883#msg134883
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 03:46:38 am »
I vote for bloodshadow. He seems to exemplify :darkness, while Kael seems to exemplify evil. There's a significant difference.

Yeah, me too no worries ;)

Anyways, I wasn't given a perfect candidate in any of the trials. I took in the candidates, considered their qualities and who I'd want to be master, and casted my vote. Simple as that

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg134893#msg134893
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 04:02:45 am »

Yeah, me too no worries ;)

Anyways, I wasn't given a perfect candidate in any of the trials.
If I ever challenge, I'll let you know, so you can vote for someone perfect :-p

MrBlonde

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg134908#msg134908
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 04:17:51 am »
Hmmm... i guess that's certainly something i could work on if i continue on as Master. Admittedly i've been pretty absent from the chat room.

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg135083#msg135083
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 12:30:03 pm »

Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Earth sucks and they have no damaging spells, blah blah....How will you respond?

Q: @Terro, You are a great master and a deck-builder, but some community members question your inactivity, how will you respond to this?

Q: @Belthazar, Even though you were with Time in War, you did a good job in lifting Time by winning crucial matches. But since you were with Time, and returned to Earth, do you think the community will support you in this change?

Q: @$$$man, You have recently been appointed Moderater in the "Beta Decks" Section, and you are known for your accomplishments, but you are against Terro and Belt, both great duelers. Do you think you can win this trial successfully?

$$$man

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10930.msg135356#msg135356
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 08:49:27 pm »

Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Earth sucks and they have no damaging spells, blah blah....How will you respond?

Q: @$$$man, You have recently been appointed Moderater in the "Beta Decks" Section, and you are known for your accomplishments, but you are against Terro and Belt, both great duelers. Do you think you can win this trial successfully?
A1 @wardead if a noob tells me earth sucks i will simply ask him why if he says no damaging spells. Tehn i tell him well do you have any ideas for one. If he says no I point him to a nice earth deck and be on my merry way. If he says yes then i tell him to post it in our card ideas and art thereby recruiting anoter forum member. If he stilll says earth sucks after the card idea i point him to the earth deck we talked about earlier.

A2 @wardead. I in now way whatsoever doubt the prowess of both Belt and terro. Both are very great and showed that in the last trials. About me thinking if i can win, well of course i think i can. Why would i sign up if i thought otherwise. It will no doubt be a very tough and enjoyable expieriance, but to the point Yes, i do think i can win this trial.
I'm still surprised there wasn't more competitors for Earth, but nonetheless, having 3 makes it easier to choose from. :D Again, not responding to my question may sway my vote away from you...

Q: Several elements have various forms of permanent control (Entropy’s Butterfly Effect, Fire’s Explosion/Deflagration, Darkness’ Steal, etc.), but only ONE element has something to counter such permanent control: Earth. What is your opinion about Earth having exclusive access t such protection, and do you feel that permanent control is a big deal in elements, or not?
Well elements still is a veery much growing game. I have no doubt zanz has ideas on how to balance out the elements eventually but for now earth is the only one with permenant protection. So to your question my opiniion on the matter is that for now i don't mind eventually there will be more ways of playing this game as more cards are added.

anything
blarg: