Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Earth?

DoubleCapitals
16 (88.9%)
None Worthy
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 03, 2020, 07:11:39 pm

*Author

Offline PlayerOaTopic starter

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67920.msg1301482#msg1301482
« on: July 27, 2020, 07:11:39 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member may vote on only one candidate. You can change your vote(s) at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you believe none of the Trialists should be Master, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67920.msg1301492#msg1301492
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 07:17:26 pm »
* DoubleCapitals stands on soapbox

Howdy people, it's DC, formerly known as qwerter. I've been here since 2011, I've become the 12th Master of Time in 2017 and now I'm here to try to become that for Earth. What heresy.

FAQs:

Q: Why are you asking questions for yourself?

A: I dunno, I felt like it. Consider it an extension of this introduction.

Q: Why is your entrance not grander?

A: Blame college.

Q: As General of Time you got 10th, why did you suck so bad, and what are you gonna do different next time for War?

A: First off I don't know if War is gonna happen, second off I'm not sure if I wanna general even if I do (see above). Again if you think that's enough to vote Non I'll understand. War meta felt more 'broad' to me than Trials meta, I mainly look at past experience so I got the decks mostly right, but I fucked up at mindgating, and at the actual vault-building. Which is more secretive and I never got to see for reals for myself iirc. Or I did in the past wars but never scrutinized. If I ever general again tbh I'll ask for advice (obviously before War begins!)

Q: You traitor.

A: Not a question also see Link's question below. *hiss*

1) Who is this 'None' and why do you think he/she is worthy? :silly:

2) What does your Element's Mark looks like to you, what impressions does it give to you?

3) What sort of card does your Element miss? (Designing that card is a bonus.)

4) Who would be your ideal / most feared STANDIN? (For contestants who will surely face a STANDIN.)

5) Make a nice scribble of your favorite card!

6) Who do you respect the best from your Element's previous masters?

1) Naysayers always said I won't amount to anything. Ergo, I'm a nobody. Thus, a vote for None Worthy is a vote for me :^)

2) It looks like a plate and it makes me hungry. Plates are typically made of ceramic which is (oversimplifying a lot) hardened clay.

3) We has the PC (EQ, Pulvy). We has the PC protection (Protect Artifact, the only element that has it). We has the CC (BB, Auburn Nymph, Warden). We has the damage (Steel Golem, Grabby). We has the buffs (Plate Armour). We has the stall (Diamond Shield). We has the healing (Stone Skin, technically). We does not have card advantage. It's mostly a :time thing, but some other elements have something similar ( :fire has SoBr, :aether has Mindgate ).

Vault:

5 :earth / 4 :earth
Permament
Whenever a creature burrows, put a copy of the top card in your deck into Vault. 2 :earth: Draw a card from your Vault.

4) There is no greater honour than to be able to fight the previous Master, immortal_feud as STANDIN. Probably would have fought him if he didn't move to Water xD Elemental affinity aside, and for someone older, I'd pick 10 men, pity I didn't PvP much in his era.

5)

Don't look at me! I'm no graphic designer...

6) Damn, that's a hard question because by and large I don't know the past Earth masters well ><. Or I know they're around, but never really interacted a lot with them due to different circles. I did admire immortal_feud's intentional random picks in Phase 2, forcing him to improvise there. While researching how to wield the element I did enjoy Blacksmith's writeups in his finals. Feels like it resonates with me, the way he talked, and I hope to be able to mirror his insights.

Why is the element you are trialing for your favorite? If it's a different element than the one you last trialed for, why the switch?
I like :earth, but it isn't my #1. If that's a deal-breaker you may vote as such though, I know I've been hard up on people for Trialing anything but their top elements before.

However, I do like it, I always imagined like I'm the Antlion just hiding in the shadows waiting to be something great (it's one of the things in the hover-text for forum reputation, iirc), which is why my pre-200 post profile picture was one. That was like years ago and I doubt people remember though. I thought I was a diamond in the rough, and today, the 'diamond' part is probably disputed though, rough around the edges, I still am :^)

Earth is real fun though, Golems and Graboids make for way smoother rushes due to their efficient costs, and EQ while not my favourite deck to choose to fight people in tourneys, is really effective and often forces people to play around or build around it. Muahahaha.

Why did I trial :earth instead of :time then? I'll be honest, I was sittin' on the fence for Trials. By the time I decided to sign up I already saw Oa and Naii sign up, and my participation would make it the only 3 cornered fight. Plus during the Trials I won I already denied Naii of the finals opportunity. Probably disputable if I would beat him if I participated but it was feelsbad all around. I ain't that sorta person, I wanna see people have fun~

Which card from your element has the most sex appeal? Feel free to support your claim with as much or little evidence as you like.
Stone Skin makes me hard ;)

Who is the community member that best represents your element that hasn't been associated with your element already?
I'll have to give this one to our FGO Linkcat, during his time in that position I really felt a shift in the section to be more down-to-earth, more balance-oriented.

How would you imagine your perfect Avatar-esque element fighting style?
Hurling rocks like projectiles as if they're coming out of a gun... okay maybe not that fast. But you get the idea.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:52:21 pm by DoubleCapitals »
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67920.msg1301763#msg1301763
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 08:04:36 pm »
Thanks everyone who supported me, and for the two people who didn't, I hope that I'll be able to convince you to change your mind one day~ I voted against myself... DC get some self-confidence!
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67920.msg1301764#msg1301764
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 08:11:20 pm »
I hope you convince yourself as well, DC! :)
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

anything
blarg: