*Author

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179067#msg179067
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 03:00:29 pm »
I'm still not really sure how this works. Is it only mark, only creatures/pillars or both that count towards the element?

Special Rules
Only unupgraded cards allowed.
Any mark.
Only creatures and pillars/pendulums allowed
Can only use one element once per round so you need 3 decks with different elements in each.
Because the two items in red are listed separately, this should in turn mean that only creatures, pends, and pillars count towards the element.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179071#msg179071
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 03:06:59 pm »
Only cards count towards making a deck a mono/duo/trio, etc. Mark or ability costs do not matter.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline RagingAlien

• Reputation Power: 10
  • RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The glass is, in fact, completely full.
Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179080#msg179080
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 03:39:32 pm »
ok. this might become interesting. :)
"When I go on the internet, everyone thinks I'm a dog :c"-Oace|"Don't feed trolls. Even though they're squishy and cute and make a funny noise when you poke them."-IH|"Live with it, or be a Llama." -artimies7|"Every time there is an awkward silence, somebody is thinking of Abraham Lincoln."-Xyzockie

Offline Toimu13

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Toimu13 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Thread Necromancer
Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179540#msg179540
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 01:53:03 am »
So if I play Earth Mark, Fire Pillars, and Lava Golem, that only counts as Fire.

But if I play Fire Mark, Earth Pendulums, and Lava Golem, that counts as Fire and Earth?

Demut

Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179552#msg179552
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 02:00:22 am »
Correct.

Nume

Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179618#msg179618
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 03:25:41 am »
Yes, the cards in the deck are the only thing that affect what elements it is considered. So if the deck has entropy, earth, and fire cards thats the elements it is considered. The mark and abilities have no effect.

LongDono

Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179817#msg179817
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 04:16:19 pm »
No banlist? I would think that nymphs would be limited or ban because someone that has more than 1 of the same type or that can be mixed together in a deck would have a very large advantage.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179821#msg179821
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 04:24:57 pm »
Not really. Mind Flayer takes care of all creatures with skills, and you can play that faster than Anubis/Turquoise Nymph if you're thinking of quinting them. Of course, a Purple Nymph will completely wreck, say, Monofire, but you have to anticipate these things and adapt.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

LongDono

Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179853#msg179853
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 05:47:16 pm »
Not really. Mind Flayer takes care of all creatures with skills, and you can play that faster than Anubis/Turquoise Nymph if you're thinking of quinting them. Of course, a Purple Nymph will completely wreck, say, Monofire, but you have to anticipate these things and adapt.
Thats true but only 1 of my decks can run Mind flayer due to the change your element rule, so the other 2 games could just be destroyed by nymphs. I am well aware that other cards are out there that can take care of nymphs however in order to use them you have to give up speed to a point. Also not all decks need skills to work, so I pick to run my mindflayer and I run into shriker rush I know I am ready to lose. I know a few players will pick decks that really dont care who they play against, and I would be one of those but overall the idea of nymphs annoy me when thinking of unupgraded events with no spells.
I am personaly fine with nymphs myself but seeing as this is unupgraded I don't see why we should allow them with these current rules. Pillers and creatures are all your allowed to run basicaly, so the older players with better creatures will have a big advantage just because they have the option to use the best creatures.
I also understand that people need to anticipate these things and you can, however a whole other group of players having the option to play these cards in any and all thier decks is a fairly large advantage.
Anyways I just wanted to list my concern thats all, if you don't think it will be an issue it prolly wont be an issue.
See you all at the tournament!

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179874#msg179874
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 06:25:28 pm »
Errr, one question.
If I use, let's say, a fire pendulum in my mono fire rush deck with a mark of earth, I will be able to use an earth deck in the next match?

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179882#msg179882
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 06:30:20 pm »
Yes.

I will repeat that nymphs are not a large advantage, or even a medium-sized one. Most games will be SO fast they won't even have time to do any good.

LongDono

Re: Western Tournament - 23 October 2010 - unupgraded - Menagerie https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg179919#msg179919
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 07:21:26 pm »
Yes.

I will repeat that nymphs are not a large advantage, or even a medium-sized one. Most games will be SO fast they won't even have time to do any good.
ok ok your most likely right on this. I just wanted to list that concern.

anything
blarg: