*Author

Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg266961#msg266961
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 11:17:54 am »
I don't know about you guys, but this tournament should be partially upgraded... 10 cards upped, since that's how phase two works..
I know that there are only 1 upped tourney every month... but still

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg266986#msg266986
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 01:09:57 pm »
Just to clarify, how do other lands count?  Pendulums?  Other: weapons?

I am assuming all count towards your off-element cards with the exception of same element pendulums correct?
Correct.

pika, please don't tell people you can give a "ruling" on things. x)
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline DesertKnight

• Reputation Power: 0
  • DesertKnight hides under a Cloak.
Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg267004#msg267004
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 02:24:35 pm »
"Most" I'd imagine refers to >50%. Correct?

EDIT: Derp. For some reason I thought we would be using the same rules as Trials, ignore please. :3

*pulls out calculator*

The approximate ratio is 1/3 or about 33% of your cards.

it drops to 31.2% if you use a 10/32 for example

so .. 31.2% - 33% of your deck must contain the element in question.

*puts down calculator*

^_^ sounds fun.

I'd still use the table either way though.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg267019#msg267019
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 03:16:40 pm »
It would be interesting if we incorporated the bans from each element, but that would be hard and should probably just be for another tourney. Oh well, looks exciting.
Too long.

"Most" I'd imagine refers to >50%. Correct?

EDIT: Derp. For some reason I thought we would be using the same rules as Trials, ignore please. :3

*pulls out calculator*

The approximate ratio is 1/3 or about 33% of your cards.

it drops to 31.2% if you use a 10/32 for example

so .. 31.2% - 33% of your deck must contain the element in question.

*puts down calculator*

^_^ sounds fun.

I'd still use the table either way though.
Tables got it all!

Offline Svenningen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • bepbop
Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg267025#msg267025
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 03:24:39 pm »
Man, I believe I'm at work :(

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg267046#msg267046
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 03:57:51 pm »
Just to clarify, what determines our "main element"?  Is it our mark, or simply whichever element we so choose?  For instance, can I run a 70%  :life deck with a  :death mark, or would that be against the rules?

(My gut tells me that as long as there is a 2/3 dominant element used it is kosher, but I just want to make sure.)
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline TheonlyrealBeefTopic starter

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg267049#msg267049
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 04:00:27 pm »
Just to clarify, what determines our "main element"?  Is it our mark, or simply whichever element we so choose?  For instance, can I run a 70%  :life deck with a  :death mark, or would that be against the rules?

(My gut tells me that as long as there is a 2/3 dominant element used it is kosher, but I just want to make sure.)
Yes, that deck is legal, as long as there is a dominant element (other is not an element in case people ask).

TombSimon

Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg267899#msg267899
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 11:14:24 pm »
Hmm, it would be quite nice to make 12 decks for this tourney - one for each element  ::)

...... but due to my pue poor electrum coin keep, I'm probably just gonna stick with four.....

mateo27

Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg268021#msg268021
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 03:36:07 am »
i read the rules i sign in  :P :P

DeathPanda1

Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg268074#msg268074
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 08:36:48 am »
whoa im confused so its basically like a duo-deck?

Offline TheonlyrealBeefTopic starter

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg268075#msg268075
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 08:44:23 am »
Not really, you could easily build a mono deck (you don't have to use off-element cards) or a trio, the off-element cards you can have don't all have to be from the same element.

DeathPanda1

Re: Eastern Tournament - 12 February 2011 - Trials - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20912.msg268077#msg268077
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 09:04:32 am »
Not really, you could easily build a mono deck (you don't have to use off-element cards) or a trio, the off-element cards you can have don't all have to be from the same element.
umm, im still connfused, so could i have a mono death deck for example and have a life mark for  some reason? gah im so confused  ???

blarg: