*Author

Active members:
Glaviga(1) cthulhu(1) Hobnob5000(1) icewindsage(1) binde22(1) the fury(1) PlayerOa(1) relic master(1) asymmetry(1) ~Napalm(1) killfer8(1) Mastermind79(1) Boingo(1) Wisemage(1) abysswalker(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) borbland(1) rotface(1) zanzarino(1) assassim(1) Uncle Jellyfish(1) Kuroaitou(1) ninjak80(1) Azumi(1) Kokotewa(1) BurnOne(1) rakazy8564(1) Hyroen(1) Jangoo(1) ScaredGuy(1) Demagog(1) calindu(1) MartyrX(1) pulli23(1) Encephalon Decay(1) ShiningSword(1) yee(1) kirchj33(1) moomoose(1) suxerz(1) GG(1) loadquo(1) macgawel(1) mafidufa(1) johannhowitzer(1) philipapw(1) cosine23(1) Zerker(1) omegareaper7(1) tallyemup(1) semibalanus(1) Rutarete(1) mesaprotector(1) Cunning_Wish(1) Shantu(1) n00b(1) Laxadarap(1) nerd1(1) Cheesy111(1) kaempfer13(1) mokasu(2) killsdazombies(2) Kael Hate(2) icybraker(2) Rastafla(2) teffy(2) markilleruk(2) darkfrogger(2) Daneman(2) Chemist(2) Terroking(2) BluePriest(2) unionruler(2) hrmmm(2) coinich(2) Brahma(2) Xenocidius(2) dragonsdemesne(2) Atico(2) ralouf(2) Vineroz(2) Camoninja(2) EvaRia(2) Sevs(2) jawdirk(2) choongmyoung(2) ddevans96(2) PuppyChow(3) jmizzle7(3) Olidot(3) hello5666(3) Avenger(3) Tea is good(3) Kurohami(3) finkel(3) xdude(3) 10 men(3) Jappert(3) Higurashi(3) OldTrees(3) The_Mormegil(3) Kardo(3) furballdn(3) I8SumOrangesNItWasK(3) RavingRabbid(4) Wardead(4) bojengles77(4) Chapuz(4) eaglgenes101(4) Bloodshadow(5) Marvaddin(5) airframe(5) Scaredgirl(5) Zeru(5) Diadem(5) CB!(5) Xoned(5) MaxMilen(5) willng3(5) yaladilae(6) kintar(6) Xinef(6) SnoWeb(6) Pineapple(8) Belthazar666(12) Arondight(14) miniwally(16) Essence(18)

Arondight

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72236#msg72236
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2010, 08:11:48 am »
Eh, it's okay.. it really hurt the Nymph-shard deck I made prior to the nerf. And often when I do play my Gravity Nymphs, I do just fine consuming the quanta to use Black Hole each turn, it just draws the game out. As for Purple Nymphs, it is an evident change, but still.. taking a card slot when you could of just added another Tower to stack up the quanta to use it's ability is more of a versatile way to use your Entropy quanta, I believe.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72239#msg72239
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2010, 08:21:43 am »
If you pay attention to the details you can see that the SoR has different graphics than the others.
It took me about a few minutes to figure this out also Xdude. XD

Personally, I'm really torn about how this card measures up. With the latest changes, Dive can't be abused anymore, but unfortunately, really fun combos as others have stated (Anubis/Turquoise Nymph + self-quint, Arctic Squid + quick Congeal, etc.) are tossed out the window again. I hope it can retain its 'ready on use' effect, but limit it so that using the spell on the same target over and over doesn't work (like Momentum or Quintessence).

I guess I'll have to wait for it much later in the T50, considering its rarity. ;)

ninjak80

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72421#msg72421
« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2010, 04:23:38 pm »
Sorry, I know this topic is specific to discussion of utilization of the SoR card and whether it's OP or not, but how much must one donate in order to receive the card?  Or if I'm looking to test multiple copies in game (non-trainer), do I just donate multiple amounts?

My apologies for the semi-off topic post.

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72432#msg72432
« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2010, 04:42:19 pm »
Another voice to say the same: the interesting part was never the 0 cost skill, it was the surprise. Now the card is not worthy the slot.

Anyway, although people are not happy about changing old skills, I would like to say Dive was always overpowered to me. I think the way the skill is will cause problems to a lot of future cards. Any card that can increase the attack of a creature will have the Dive skill as enemy. I suggest we correct it, the earlier, the better. Of course its not powerfull now, but it can be with some more releases, and I think we should modify it now, when there are almost no people using it to be affected.

My 2 cents.

unionruler

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72482#msg72482
« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2010, 05:55:29 pm »
Another voice to say the same: the interesting part was never the 0 cost skill, it was the surprise. Now the card is not worthy the slot.
I wouldn't be so fast to say that. There are expensive abilities out there like purple nymph's antimatter (4 :entropy), butterfly effected destroy (3 :entropy), aether nymph's immortality (3 :aether). The viability of incorporating these into rainbows, or at least decks partially powered by supernovae, would be increased by quite a fair bit. Don't think of it as the surprise effect being lost out--to be fair the card was and still is in development anyway.

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72510#msg72510
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2010, 06:47:45 pm »
Sorry, I know this topic is specific to discussion of utilization of the SoR card and whether it's OP or not, but how much must one donate in order to receive the card?  Or if I'm looking to test multiple copies in game (non-trainer), do I just donate multiple amounts?

Zanz said that $5 will be the minimal donation awarded with a shard. It's NOT yet available so wait until Zanz announces the appearance of SoR in the reward system before you donate.

I'm not sure if you have to donate a number of times to get multiple shards, or will donating $10 give you two shards. I was going to ask Zanz about it anyway.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline yaladilae

• Reputation Power: 12
  • yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • † RIP Butterfly Angel †
  • Awards: Undefeated 100-0 Competition Winner
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72525#msg72525
« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2010, 07:15:55 pm »
Shutting up during big debate is fun

I love SoR now, it poses nice strategy to open up mono decks while not being crazily overpowered

I would love to have some with nymph tears/queen now!

Azumi

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72575#msg72575
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2010, 08:10:51 pm »

Zanz said that $5 will be the minimal donation awarded with a shard. It's NOT yet available so wait until Zanz announces the appearance of SoR in the reward system before you donate.

I'm not sure if you have to donate a number of times to get multiple shards, or will donating $10 give you two shards. I was going to ask Zanz about it anyway.

I don't think so. Zans did a shard give away a long time ago with the first introduction of the SoG and SoD. If you donated money ( I believe $5 was the min./) You would get a free SoD.

bojengles77

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72697#msg72697
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2010, 11:20:23 pm »
I don't think shards should be deck-changing anyways, just supplements for other cards. For example, adding 20 hp with SoD is just heal + a little. SoG is also like emphatic bonds that are better when you have a creature-light deck. I think this shard fits in nicely with the pattern of the strength of other decks

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72777#msg72777
« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2010, 03:06:40 am »
I don't think shards should be deck-changing anyways, just supplements for other cards. For example, adding 20 hp with SoD is just heal + a little. SoG is also like emphatic bonds that are better when you have a creature-light deck. I think this shard fits in nicely with the pattern of the strength of other decks
Most decks use shards instead of bonds anyways. no matter the creature count, shards are usually the better bet because of the fact that it uses random quanta instead of precious life. And I agree with what the majority of people are saying. it is a pain to have to keep using quint. It is still a 2 card combo using the shard and the monster, just like quint. But it gives the creatures that cast immortal more useful.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Kokotewa

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg73464#msg73464
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2010, 05:17:13 pm »
I agree with Xinef that a 'once ready-ed creature cannot be re-ready-ed'

Dive 2x in a turn is fine (we already had that, due to TU), but once anything after that begins to step into scary zones.

If it is a SoR+TU+Dive combo that is "over powered", doesn't deserve to be a bit?  Fallen Druid+Otyugh+Graveyard, or FD+FFQ+Anubis, or whatever else "OP Combo" that most decks run is more or less the same number of cards.  I think if a wind/aether deck was able to stall long enough to pull off a multiple TU dive trick, a single SoR makes them a bit more powerful, but nothing game breaking.

It will only make them faster, due to creature control if nothing else (not having to wait that turn in a standoff with otyughs).  In a cruel irony, the otyugh doesn't have to be on the field for the opposing rainbow now either.

Once a creature also poses a new risk-reward tradeoff with dive.  Do you wait a turn for a the 2x dive, or use it immediately in fear of a hasted otyugh?  I highly support Xinef's nerf suggestion.

Xoned

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg74075#msg74075
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2010, 07:45:45 pm »
The card is reasonable after the nerf. Does anyone else see this being used in an epic posion deck?

anything
blarg: