*Author

Active members:
Glaviga(1) cthulhu(1) Hobnob5000(1) icewindsage(1) binde22(1) the fury(1) PlayerOa(1) relic master(1) asymmetry(1) ~Napalm(1) killfer8(1) Mastermind79(1) Boingo(1) Wisemage(1) abysswalker(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) borbland(1) rotface(1) zanzarino(1) assassim(1) Uncle Jellyfish(1) Kuroaitou(1) ninjak80(1) Azumi(1) Kokotewa(1) BurnOne(1) rakazy8564(1) Hyroen(1) Jangoo(1) ScaredGuy(1) Demagog(1) calindu(1) MartyrX(1) pulli23(1) Encephalon Decay(1) ShiningSword(1) yee(1) kirchj33(1) moomoose(1) suxerz(1) GG(1) loadquo(1) macgawel(1) mafidufa(1) johannhowitzer(1) philipapw(1) cosine23(1) Zerker(1) omegareaper7(1) tallyemup(1) semibalanus(1) Rutarete(1) mesaprotector(1) Cunning_Wish(1) Shantu(1) n00b(1) Laxadarap(1) nerd1(1) Cheesy111(1) kaempfer13(1) mokasu(2) killsdazombies(2) Kael Hate(2) icybraker(2) Rastafla(2) teffy(2) markilleruk(2) darkfrogger(2) Daneman(2) Chemist(2) Terroking(2) BluePriest(2) unionruler(2) hrmmm(2) coinich(2) Brahma(2) Xenocidius(2) dragonsdemesne(2) Atico(2) ralouf(2) Vineroz(2) Camoninja(2) EvaRia(2) Sevs(2) jawdirk(2) choongmyoung(2) ddevans96(2) PuppyChow(3) jmizzle7(3) Olidot(3) hello5666(3) Avenger(3) Tea is good(3) Kurohami(3) finkel(3) xdude(3) 10 men(3) Jappert(3) Higurashi(3) OldTrees(3) The_Mormegil(3) Kardo(3) furballdn(3) I8SumOrangesNItWasK(3) RavingRabbid(4) Wardead(4) bojengles77(4) Chapuz(4) eaglgenes101(4) Bloodshadow(5) Marvaddin(5) airframe(5) Scaredgirl(5) Zeru(5) Diadem(5) CB!(5) Xoned(5) MaxMilen(5) willng3(5) yaladilae(6) kintar(6) Xinef(6) SnoWeb(6) Pineapple(8) Belthazar666(12) Arondight(14) miniwally(16) Essence(18)

hrmmm

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71767#msg71767
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2010, 02:12:46 pm »
I don't see why you don't simply make a general rule "all creatures can only use one ability per turn".
dont forget the rustler.
an allready existing creature that can use his skill several times per turn.

on the trainer i could see that zanzarino found a elegant answer for preventing an endless life quanta exploit.

normal rustler = works as usual (you can transform all your light into life)
rustler+SoR  = 1time skill usage/per turn

Diadem

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71785#msg71785
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2010, 02:57:35 pm »
I don't see why you don't simply make a general rule "all creatures can only use one ability per turn".
dont forget the rustler.
an allready existing creature that can use his skill several times per turn.

on the trainer i could see that zanzarino found a elegant answer for preventing an endless life quanta exploit.

normal rustler = works as usual (you can transform all your light into life)
rustler+SoR  = 1time skill usage/per turn
But on the rustler it explicitely says you can use it multiply times per turn. So it makes sense that this card is an exception. On dive it does not say you can use it multiple times per turn.

And the 'rustler + SoR = only one usage per turn' rule is ugly because it changes a card in an unexpected and undocumented way. Necessary, but ugly.

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71818#msg71818
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2010, 03:39:31 pm »
So add a tag to this Shard saying "Abilities can only be used once per turn."  Simple and effective, and since its documented its completely expected.  Or am I missing the point of the shard?

hrmmm

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71819#msg71819
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2010, 03:40:35 pm »
But on the rustler it explicitely says you can use it multiply times per turn. So it makes sense that this card is an exception. On dive it does not say you can use it multiple times per turn.
... and if you lobotomize it you cant even dive. i dont miss that on the card description.
there are alot of game mechanics not mentioned on the card description.
What the cards don't tell you... (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,4461.0.html)

And the 'rustler + SoR = only one usage per turn' rule is ugly because it changes a card in an unexpected and undocumented way. Necessary, but ugly.
unexpectet: do you really expect endless life quanta?
undocumented: link above. why should it be documented?
ugly: just your opinion and no argument.

and isnt this exactly what you ask for? "all creatures can only use one ability per turn".

@ croinich: thats pretty much it. no big deal at all ::)

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71868#msg71868
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2010, 05:56:08 pm »
Personally, I don't really see this revised shard being used that often.  It's not worth a card slot just to eliminate a skill cost.  The real problem is that the places it'll see the most use aren't majorly competitive decks (FFQ, Nymphs, Flying Eternities) -- and they still won't be with the Shard added in.

It might find a solid home in anti-FG rainbow decks (to eliminate Grav and Life overuse), but I don't really see much other use for it.  The problem with Readiness isn't anything other than stacking multiple Readinesses; if you eliminate that problem, you can get back all of the intended functionality without the abuse. 

So, yeah: what Coinich said. 8)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71890#msg71890
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2010, 07:23:36 pm »
Now that it's like this, I'd say it's pretty underpowered. Obviously it preforms best when the ability cost is expensive (Often another Tower is still better) or when it's off-element, like FFQ/Fire Eater. Both of those cards can have decks centered around them and SoR, but either works any better than a mono-deck, and if you don't draw the Shard, you're screwed.

As Essence said, it's just not worth the slot it takes up.
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72062#msg72062
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2010, 11:18:18 pm »
The way I see it, this card is now pretty much useless.

Say, for example, you decide to make a FFQ deck that uses these to eliminate the cost. If you were to run six SoRs, you could play the ability for zero, eliminating the need for :life . However, you could just as easily run six Life Towers and the deck would work just as well, if not better.

I agree with the above suggestions. All that needs to be done is to make it so that any creature's ability could only be used once per turn (including Rustler/Leaf Dragon, once effected by SoR).

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72076#msg72076
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2010, 11:39:21 pm »
I also did not like how it feels to have this card used against you with certain creatures like anubis, keeping yourself ready to stop a certain combo was a nice strategy.
You can protect anubis from being countered with creature control by playing a quint on it, thus making a combo very hard to counter. Why should it be impossible with a SoR instead of quint? Only because it allows :time to run without :aether?

I simply don't like the fact that anubis so much relies on quint to work (at least against FG), a card giving immortality needs another card giving immortality to work? Does not sound right to me. Anubis is already much less popular than quint and I guess SoR could restore the balance.

I fully support the idea to restrict SoR to give at most 1 additional ability use (maybe make creatures affected by SoR no longer targetable by further SoRs? That would make sense, how can a creature be readier than ready? Most effects like adrenaline, momentum or aflatoxine do not stack, so why would readiness stack?)
No further nerf is necessary (probably).

I know this may look as if I was simply defending the anubis+SoR combo because I like it (it fact, that's right), but I also don't think that particular combo needed nerfing, so far no one was complaining about it and it only works in slow defensive decks anyway, while quint is still better in many situations (generally any non-time heavy deck with access to at least some aether).
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Arondight

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72127#msg72127
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2010, 02:02:07 am »
I definitely can agree—as I've been saying it multiple times already—that the Shard of Readiness should only receive a nerf dealing with the creature only being able to use it's ability once per turn, no matter how many shards you use on it.

kintar

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72131#msg72131
« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2010, 02:07:42 am »
I'm going to have to agree that the nerf is too harsh. All it does now is negate the ability cost, which makes it function the same as a tower, but with much more limited use.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72137#msg72137
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2010, 02:39:23 am »
otyughs bow before this card "all hail the neverending food source"

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg72235#msg72235
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2010, 08:04:45 am »
Personally, I don't really see this revised shard being used that often.  It's not worth a card slot just to eliminate a skill cost.
Probably, you never used an antimatter/gravity nymph.
This card is still a pwnage, worths the donation, but won't make PvP duel decided automatically.
You can still make: pure lava rush decks without the need of earth (use quint or momentum instead),
Butterfly effected critters can remove one permanent every turn.
At least, it is not a surprise hit now, still an impending doom :)

blarg: