*Author

Active members:
Glaviga(1) cthulhu(1) Hobnob5000(1) icewindsage(1) binde22(1) the fury(1) PlayerOa(1) relic master(1) asymmetry(1) ~Napalm(1) killfer8(1) Mastermind79(1) Boingo(1) Wisemage(1) abysswalker(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) borbland(1) rotface(1) zanzarino(1) assassim(1) Uncle Jellyfish(1) Kuroaitou(1) ninjak80(1) Azumi(1) Kokotewa(1) BurnOne(1) rakazy8564(1) Hyroen(1) Jangoo(1) ScaredGuy(1) Demagog(1) calindu(1) MartyrX(1) pulli23(1) Encephalon Decay(1) ShiningSword(1) yee(1) kirchj33(1) moomoose(1) suxerz(1) GG(1) loadquo(1) macgawel(1) mafidufa(1) johannhowitzer(1) philipapw(1) cosine23(1) Zerker(1) omegareaper7(1) tallyemup(1) semibalanus(1) Rutarete(1) mesaprotector(1) Cunning_Wish(1) Shantu(1) n00b(1) Laxadarap(1) nerd1(1) Cheesy111(1) kaempfer13(1) mokasu(2) killsdazombies(2) Kael Hate(2) icybraker(2) Rastafla(2) teffy(2) markilleruk(2) darkfrogger(2) Daneman(2) Chemist(2) Terroking(2) BluePriest(2) unionruler(2) hrmmm(2) coinich(2) Brahma(2) Xenocidius(2) dragonsdemesne(2) Atico(2) ralouf(2) Vineroz(2) Camoninja(2) EvaRia(2) Sevs(2) jawdirk(2) choongmyoung(2) ddevans96(2) PuppyChow(3) jmizzle7(3) Olidot(3) hello5666(3) Avenger(3) Tea is good(3) Kurohami(3) finkel(3) xdude(3) 10 men(3) Jappert(3) Higurashi(3) OldTrees(3) The_Mormegil(3) Kardo(3) furballdn(3) I8SumOrangesNItWasK(3) RavingRabbid(4) Wardead(4) bojengles77(4) Chapuz(4) eaglgenes101(4) Bloodshadow(5) Marvaddin(5) airframe(5) Scaredgirl(5) Zeru(5) Diadem(5) CB!(5) Xoned(5) MaxMilen(5) willng3(5) yaladilae(6) kintar(6) Xinef(6) SnoWeb(6) Pineapple(8) Belthazar666(12) Arondight(14) miniwally(16) Essence(18)

CB!

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71276#msg71276
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2010, 07:29:20 pm »
I'll bet it gets a big time nerf... I've killed most of the FG types with the deck I posted, and had a very high win rate and was extremely fast... and I'm sure the deck could be tweaked a little more for a higher win rate yet... Yalidilae PMed me a variant that looked pretty solid... Honestly, the card probably needs to just let the target use its ability again, without changing the ability cost...

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71278#msg71278
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2010, 07:30:26 pm »
Donations only.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71289#msg71289
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2010, 07:48:54 pm »
Donations only.
Don't forget about the holy land of the T50.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Chemist

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Chemist is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71295#msg71295
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2010, 07:56:10 pm »
I'll bet it gets a big time nerf... I've killed most of the FG types with the deck I posted, and had a very high win rate and was extremely fast... and I'm sure the deck could be tweaked a little more for a higher win rate yet... Yalidilae PMed me a variant that looked pretty solid... Honestly, the card probably needs to just let the target use its ability again, without changing the ability cost...
But would that hurt the uber deck much? The way I see it the problem is dive being used several times per turn, not that dive becomes too cheap. "One ability use per creature per turn" sounds better, as does "can only target creatures with ability cost>0". With just the ability reuse the card would be used in Wyrm dive decks exclusively.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71303#msg71303
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2010, 08:06:38 pm »
Yes, it'd affect the deck, but it could be worked around by using some Air Towers.

EDIT: I'm testing yala's now, and I must say it's pretty incredible. Haven't lost a game yet, although it may be more boring than mono-aether.

EDIT2: Decay is the only auto-quit I'm seeing so far, most of the others are very easily beaten.
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71304#msg71304
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2010, 08:07:05 pm »
The fact that the dive cost is reduced to zero means that you don't have to run an :air-heavy deck, allowing you to run it as a pure combo deck with tons of card drawing.

miniwally

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71346#msg71346
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2010, 08:57:12 pm »
What do you do when the SoG's take your air quanta though with just nova?

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71372#msg71372
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2010, 09:24:28 pm »
Simply make it targetable only on creatures with abilitycost > 0. That way you will assure that your combos won't be overwhelming.

Any objections on this little nerf?

Actually, Zeru, I think that that is exactly the right call.

If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

CB!

Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71373#msg71373
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2010, 09:25:46 pm »
Keep track of how many novas you still have and don't play SoG if you've played all your novas and only have 4 :air... so far I've always had the air quanta, though...

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71381#msg71381
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2010, 09:34:07 pm »
I'm glad someone noticed my post. People, stop getting excited and start thinking about the simplest way to make it less powerful ;>

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71422#msg71422
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2010, 10:19:16 pm »
I figured it was a bug that it would allow you to spam an ability anyways. It just makes sense for it to NOT allow you to spam it.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: New Card: Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg71450#msg71450
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2010, 11:27:17 pm »
I don't think so, seeing as Zanz' other idea was a Permanent shard that specifically let you activate a creature's ability a second time in the same turn. 
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

anything
blarg: