*Author

Offline CleanOnionTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Round 2 - The Chaosomes - Voting Phase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61435.msg1226683#msg1226683
« on: March 07, 2016, 11:16:53 pm »
Time's up!

Standardized voting will use this table:

Spoiler for code:
Code: [Select]
[table]
[tr][td][table][tr]
[td]Team Vote[/td][td]Round 2[/td][td]by [/td]
[/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr]
[td]Boss[/td][td]***[/td][td]***[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]Artist[/td][td]***[/td][td]***[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]CD[/td][td]***[/td][td]***[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]DB[/td][td]***[/td][td]***[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]FE[/td][td]***[/td][td]***[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]Writer[/td][td]***[/td][td]***[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]Bonus 1[/td][td]***[/td][td]***[/td]
[/tr][/table][/td][/tr]
[/table]

DO NOT FORGET TO OFFER A PROPER EXPLANATION FOR YOUR VOTING DECISIONS!
Unless it's a vote for your own team, in which case, no need.

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Round 2 - The Chaosomes - Voting Phase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61435.msg1226771#msg1226771
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 03:55:59 pm »
Boss Task: Chaosomes|League of Shadows
Artist: Chaosomes|Gaia's Pride
CD: Chaosomes|Gaia's Pride
DB: Chaosomes|LoS
FE: Chaosomes|LoS
Writer: Chaosomes|A Todally Newtral team
Bonus: Chaosomes|LoS

Spoiler for Reasons::
Spoiler for Boss Votes:
Boss vote 1: Provided a video like LoS. Liked Chaosomes more because the lyrics included each brawl member and just clearly showed more effort was put into the video.
Boss Vote 2: Provided lyrics and video, not just lyrics like Chaosomes did.
Spoiler for Artist Vote:
Artist vote 1: Chaosomes and Gaia's pride had the most interesting mediums, along with LoS. How I chose Chaosomes out of those 3 is because I could actually make what our artist did because of the simple materials used and the how-to included. I'm rather dense and my artistic ability is none, so for me to be able to create something means a lot to me so long as it shows a serious effort was made.
Artist Vote 2: Alright, LoS or Gaias Pride? Gaias pride definitely used a more creative medium, while LoS's looks better. Went with Gaias pride because LoS's task looks like something you could create is photoshop easily while Gaias looks like an irl creation, which just takes so much more effort.
Spoiler for CD votes:
CD vote 1: An April Fools joke come true. Yes. Just a really balanced card imo. Plus it's light.
CD vote 2: Gaias Pride vs Abyss Brawlers. Gaias looks like it took more effort, and I like the idea of holding and placing cards more carefully due to the new cockatrice's ability.
Spoiler for DB votes:
DB vote 1: Chaosomes for representing my most favorite part of the series.
DB vote 2: LoS for most competent deck. Did my vote for DB 1st on film 2nd on competence.
Spoiler for FE votes:
FE vote 1: I created this task. I thought it was stupendously better then any of the other tasks, and am disappointed that it's not getting more votes, at least secondary votes. Like it the best cause it has balancing already done. Most game-ready compared to any of the other tasks if you were to try and create the game today.
FE vote 2: Pretty game ready, competes with even my task on how game ready it is. Although it seems too complex to me and too much like the original Elements, the card game. Also showed a lot of effort was put in, where as the other 3 didn't.
Spoiler for writer votes:
Writer vote 1: Sure it was predicted that SGs basement was going to be used, but Chaosomes pulled it off good and better than others.
Writer vote 2: A todally Newtral Team had wrote two. They showed a lot of effort in doing so and nothing about their either of their submissions made me dislike the submissions.
Writer, why I didn't vote for any of the other teams:Hated Gaias submission because of the ending, although was an interesting read. LoS's format made me very hopeful, thinking it was going to be I make a choice, something happens, I make another choice (like an interactive) but the 2nd part of their submission just fell really flat. I was loving the submission from Abyss Brawlers until "heal quick somehow" as it just lost that relatable feel to the story.
Spoiler for Bonus Task Votes:
Bonus vote 1: Roman Numerals in icons imo are probably better than regular numbers. Loved how it included star wars though, especially considering other tasks in this round.
Bonus vote 2: LoS vs Gaias Pride: I think showing its from brawl rather than a number is more important. I didn't understand what the A was there for either in Gaias though.

Would this be an acceptable vote? I'd rather vote like this then the table, as I'm terrible with BBC tables. Last round I waited until someone had voted to just edit what they said.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:59:57 pm by CrockettRocket »
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline CleanOnionTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: Round 2 - The Chaosomes - Voting Phase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61435.msg1226774#msg1226774
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 04:16:19 pm »
That's totally fine, really easy for me to read. As long as it's clear who you're voting for, it's fine

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Round 2 - The Chaosomes - Voting Phase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61435.msg1226780#msg1226780
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 04:56:15 pm »
Team VoteRound 2by UTAlan
BossChaosomesAbyss Brawlers
ArtistChaosomesGaia's Pride
CDChaosomesAbyss Brawlers
DBChaosomesA Toadally Newtral Team
FEChaosomesLeague of Shadows
WriterChaosomesGaia's Pride
Bonus 1ChaosomesLeague of Shadows

Spoiler for Reasons:
Boss
Chaosomes - My team, but also I think legitimately the best entry in this category. The lyrics are fantastic, and the layered voices in the recording blew me away. I thought it was clever to mention specific users (esp ones not on our team) to help with the general appeal of the song.
Abyss Brawlers - Sounds great, and possibly the one that sounds most like an actual drinking song compared to the others.

Artist
Chaosomes - I tended to like the ones that were physically made over the digital or drawn entries. This was a very creative way to make Devourer.
Gaia's Pride - Very impressive work, particularly the detail on the tail. (Heh. Detail. Tail...I'll show my self out.)

Card Designer
Chaosomes - Nice thinking outside the box on "vanilla" creature. Also a very cool mechanic and good use of the Water/Life elements for the ability.
Abyss Brawlers - Might be biased in my vote here as a Cygnia developer, but I like how implementable this is. It's also a nice ability and makes this particular vanilla creature actually useful (or at least, a chance for it to be, fitting with :entropy).

Deckbuilder
Chaosomes - One of the best representations of SW. Most of the others seemed a bit of a stretch to be related at all.
A Toadally Newtral Team - Another good representation. Cloning (PU, Mito) relates well to SW, along with the weather (TB).

Forum Expert
Chaosomes - Very well thought out. I really like the presentation, too.
League of Shadows - Wow. Just, wow. Super impressive amount of thought and work obviously went into this. Very good entry.

Writer
Chaosomes - I'm totally biased b/c I wrote most of this, but I thought it was a creative way to write an escape story and integrate Elements into a well known existing story.
Gaia's Pride - Not quite what I expected, but was outside the box. And the tally marks graphic was cool.

Bonus
Chaosomes - Another entry I think is legitimately the best one out there. Looks great, has the "V", and two subtle references to Star Wars.
League of Shadows - Another good use of the "V". Not particularly fond of that brown, but I like the design otherwise.

Offline russianspy1234

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Round 2 - The Chaosomes - Voting Phase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61435.msg1226946#msg1226946
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 01:06:14 am »
Team VoteRound 2by russianspy1234
BossThe ChaosomesAbyss Brawlers
ArtistThe ChaosomesAbyss Brawlers
CDThe ChaosomesA Toadally Newtral Team
DBThe ChaosomesLeague of Shadows
FEThe ChaosomesA Toadally Newtral Team
WriterThe ChaosomesLeague of Shadows
Bonus 1The ChaosomesAbyss Brawlers

Boss:
Do I even have to explain?  That was glorious.
Toads would have been a lot better with half or even 1/4th as many choruses.

Artist:
LoS: A shadow off of a figure is pretty creative
Toads: While legos are moderately creative, your medium is "computer".
Gaia: Neat using food.  Docking for using paint too though.
Abyss: really cool looking and creative but
Mixtape: Not really a creative medium there...

Card Designer:
Mixtape: Holy crap is this broken
Abyss Brawlers: Mutation on a stick on a creature that can result from mutation... not a fan
Toads: Pretty cool, this game needs ways to get out of freezing or delay, and that's probably the only thing it will be used for since it's stats are too low to survive most CC (that's a positive not a negative).
LoS: Interesting combo with flood while not being quite a forced combo.
Gaia: CC for life is pretty out of element, even if this makes sense thematically.

Deck Builder:
Gaia: Hard to commend on this, a bit boring but fits the name
Abyss: I honestlyu feel like this just takes random creatures because Star Wars has random animals. Poseidon makes little sense, and even the deck description mentions how the cards help the deck rather than how they fit the theme.
Toads: I'll take your word for Kamino being a rainy place.
LoS: The voodoo doll connection is a bit thin but everything else is good.

Forum Expert:
Abyss: Thought out racing game, pretty cool
League of Shadows: This is a bit petty, but I am annoyed at how the base mechanics are spread out through spoilers that seem to be dedicated to making a choice.
Gaia: Still kind of close to EtG but I like it.  Reminds me of Chaotic card game which was really good.
Toads: Looks really thought out.

Writer:
I'm not a huge fan of this genre of any of the actual stories so I'm gonna give the vote to LoS for making an actual game.

Bonus:
Mixtape: Umm what is this?  Not only is it weird and hard to see, but it's not transparent and uses a swatch of the actual background color as the back which can cause issues of the forum ever changes.
Gaia: The asymmetry is throwing me off.  Not sure what the A is for.
LoS: A cool dagger on a hard to see B with no 5.  Brawl icons really need to have a number of some sort.
Abyss: A medal with a 5, simple and to the point.
Toads: I see the V but have no idea what it's made of...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:18:02 pm by russianspy1234 »
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

Opsinis

Re: Round 2 - The Chaosomes - Voting Phase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61435.msg1227086#msg1227086
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 08:10:18 pm »
Team VoteRound 2by Opsinsi
BossChaosomesToadally Neutral
ArtistChaosomesGaia's Pride
CDChaosomesToadally Newtral
DBChaosomesLauege of shadows
FEChaosomesAbyss
WriterChaosomesLeague fo Shadows
Bonus 1ChaosomesLeague of Shadows

Spoiler for Hidden:
Boss: My team. Then Toads because the rhymes were super clever. And it was long like a drinking song you always want to be over.
Artist: My Team. Then Gaia because holy crap it's cool and cute and all blue and that's all weird real stuff. WOWza
Card Design: My team. Then Toads because that's cool. I like it. Thematically it works. Yada yada.
Deck Build: My team. Then LoShads because, I don't know. I've never seen a star war, but their submission looked the cleanest and the deck seems good.
Forum Expert: My team. Then Abyss, yay racing games!!
Writer:My team. Then LoS, it was clever and fun and no escape!
Bonus: My Team. Then LoS, all the others are ugh

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Round 2 - The Chaosomes - Voting Phase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61435.msg1227094#msg1227094
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 09:44:00 pm »
You voted on a team that had no escape for writer? The task was "you're in a box. Escape" :p
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Round 2 - The Chaosomes - Voting Phase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61435.msg1227193#msg1227193
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 11:33:12 pm »
Voting on ourselves in all roles because reasons  8)

Team VoteRound 2by andretimpa
BossChaosAbyss
ArtistChaosGaia
CDChaosGaia
DBChaosToads
FE******
WriterChaosToads
Bonus 1ChaosLoS

Boss:
Best singing overall and good lyrics. No contest. gg

Art:
LoS: good looking, but clay is not exactly a super creative media, even though it's more uncommon to have laying around than what the other teams used.
Toads: not that good looking and I'm not really sure what to think of the media here, since it's still digital.
Gaia: Good looking and a very original media choice
Abyss: Another original choice but not as good looking as Gaia's. I'd say it's tied with LoS for the 3rd place
FHM: Decent drawing, but I can't think of something more unoriginal than paper and pencil, sorry.

CD:
FHM: Extremelly OP with just a bit of though (think of putting this in a fractix for example).
LoS: Buffs SoPa indirectly and makes flooding even more useless.
Toads: Frog is already a good card with an excellent damage/cost ratio, no need to buff it.
Abyss: This is actually interesting and a  gamble, meaning that it doesn't make this version of abomination strictly better than the vanilla one.
Gaia: This actually gives you a reason to play cockatrice instead of using frogs instead, bringing it to the same power level of frog.

DB:
Abyss and Gaia submissions had some very spotty Star Wars links.
Between Toads and LoS I think that the concept in Toads is more interesting.

FE:
dat TL;DR

Writer:
Los: that was extremelly confusing and had me lose interest midway
FHM: Frozenfics at its best.
Gaia: Felt pretty simploe compared to the others
Toads: that was awesome
Abyss: A close third, but Toads had me completely hooked

Bonus:
LoS is pretty much the only other icon I would be happy to win other than ours.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:12:56 am by andretimpa »
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

blarg: