*Author

Offline fskTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • fsk is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490165#msg490165
« on: April 30, 2012, 05:24:15 pm »
I've been grinding bronze for rare spins.  I noticed that I can win a match, but lose electrum.  Is that a bug?  Is it supposed to work that way?

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490173#msg490173
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:48:55 pm »
It cost 20 :electrum to enter a match in arena. the rewards shift, but I think generally a victory in bronze gives you 7 :electrum . I think at best you'll break even if you EM and/or get a couple 2/3 spins on the spinner. This might be intentional to discourage those with powerful upped decks from grinding bronze, but since those people are generally already swimming in electrum I think bronze reward could be upped.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline fskTopic starter

• New to Elements
Re: Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490175#msg490175
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 05:50:09 pm »
I thought that you only pay the 20 :electrum when you lose?  You pay the 20 even if you win the match?

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490205#msg490205
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 06:56:14 pm »
You also lose score. Thats why i grind silver.

Offline Zso_Zso

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • ghost of a past wizzard
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490206#msg490206
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 07:03:18 pm »
I thought the reward (e.g. 7 :electrum) was supposed to be on top of gaining back the cost of the game, i.e. it represents actual net-gain.
But I could be wrong...

The cost is certainly deducted from you as soon as you enter the game, so if your browser crash, or your internet goes down or any other event causes the game not to be completed, you still lose the  :electrum and score.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:05:56 pm by Zso_Zso »
Roses aren't red, Violets aren't blue.
They are just a simulation, and so are you!

Offline fskTopic starter

• New to Elements
Re: Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490211#msg490211
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 07:26:09 pm »
That's not the way other levels are handled.  For example, if you EM a halfblood you gain 80 and not 80-20=60.

For bronze, you can "win" 3 electrum, but actually lose electrum.

The other levels credit you back with the "entry fee" when you win.

Offline fskTopic starter

• New to Elements
Re: Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490240#msg490240
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 08:38:31 pm »
I saw the release list for 1.31.  You aren't credited with 5 of your electrum/score points after an arena win.  So, every Bronze win gets cheated out of 5 electrum.  That's how you can win 3 but lose 2.

====

Yes, I confirmed it.  You get cheated out of 5 electrum and score for each bronze arena win.  That's a bug to be fixed in 1.31.

So, if you "win" 3, you actually lose 2.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:19:33 pm by fsk »

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490313#msg490313
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 11:01:56 pm »
Intended. Zanz kept it this way to dissuade rare farming in bronze.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490374#msg490374
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 12:21:28 am »
I'm still curious as to why since those who can grind bronze easily have plenty of electrum
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490422#msg490422
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 01:28:51 am »

really?  I don't recall zanz ever stating that.  The fact that he's treating it as a bug to be fixed for 1.31 tells me he never intended that.

And like Naesala said, such a small amount won't make anyone stop grinding for rares.

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490533#msg490533
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 05:57:41 am »

really?  I don't recall zanz ever stating that.  The fact that he's treating it as a bug to be fixed for 1.31 tells me he never intended that.

And like Naesala said, such a small amount won't make anyone stop grinding for rares.

No, he's not treating this particular issue as a bug. In fact, you'd still lose electrum beating bronze after the patch. He's fixing an issue where you'd no gain the proper reward for beating an Arena deck, but if you'd add 5 electrum to that Bronze EM you'd still come up 1 electrum short of breaking even.

Arena rewards are based upon how much activity that particular league sees (ie more people grinding bronze means bronze rewards drop), and it has a flat entry cost of 20. Hence, it doesn't compare to other AI levels one bit, especially because it isn't an AI level; it's asynchronous PVP.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline fskTopic starter

• New to Elements
Re: Win At Bronze, Lose Electrum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39435.msg490730#msg490730
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 05:42:35 pm »
I'm pretty sure this bugfix will correct the problem.

I "won" 3 but actually lost 2.

I "won" an EM for 14 but only gained 9.

If you put the 5 back in, then you never will lose electrum or score for an arena win.

This bug seems to derive from "You get 5 back for rating the opponent's deck."  That 5 was not re-credited after a win.

anything
blarg: