*Author

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: It's time for action https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29321.msg396138#msg396138
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2011, 01:46:30 pm »
I decided to give CCYB a try in Platinum Arena, I use a modification with PA and Jade Shield wich apparantly works quite well vs firestalls!
AM's were useless here ofc and I had a fairly good draw (both PA and Jade in starting hand, had to wait for my pulvy).

Still a very satisfying win and the firefighter strikes again!

Dropped this guy from rank 5 to rank 8. That'll teach him! (700+ elec, yay)
Suddenly flying fahrens.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

ndclub

Re: It's time for action https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29321.msg396327#msg396327
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2011, 08:54:21 pm »
Imagine those bolts trembling in fear when the Shard of Sacrifice makes it into the game! :D
Firestalls rely on stalling. If you shard of sacrifice your stalling for them, they simply wait for all of the SOS to be gone and its back to being one turn KO'ed.
Firestalls do not have purify ...
But they generally SoG out-heal enough poison to outlast every single SoS you got. Yes, they are getting a 1 hp per turn nerf but we shall see if it changes things all that much. Were also still not sure that the final version of SoS is survivable chained 6 times.(if they increase the hp loss as they were talking) Yes Fahrenheit would heal you back but in a PvP setting that would seem to be a player mistake.

Offline Bootsza

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bootsza is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Matey!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: It's time for action https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29321.msg396901#msg396901
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2011, 07:51:06 pm »
I stole this from the strategy thread for Decay:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74a 74a 74a 7ak 7ak 7ak 7td 7td 7td 7td 80h 80h 80h 80h 8pj

It is a bit slow but I am having some good results against Firestalls and all kinds of standard arena decks.  I am thinking about adding in some deflags for SoGs and other tricksy permanents.

Any thoughts?
It is too late to apologise.  I have already forgiven you.

Offline pulli23

• Reputation Power: 3
  • pulli23 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What's going on here?
Re: It's time for action https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29321.msg396955#msg396955
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2011, 09:08:53 pm »
Well I only play bronze and silver,

But really, a half-upped (everything except the phoenixes) phoenix/gabroid rush I've never had any problems at all with firestalls. - Heck the AI seems to always waste the fireballs on my phoenixes.

Much more boring are those aether decks: if they get lucky and a 4-5 stream of aether shields is gg, I can't think of a single deck that is good "on average" and also good vs aether.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: It's time for action https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29321.msg396959#msg396959
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2011, 09:11:09 pm »
A deck with pulvy will kill aether deck (JMZ for example). My gold league killer with discord/BH to slow or prevent shield was good too (and I had 2 steal and one deflag too). You can also try to had a momentum/unstoppable in your deck, specially if you have growing creatures.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

redium

Re: It's time for action https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29321.msg396977#msg396977
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2011, 09:24:41 pm »
I build some pretty brutal immorushes for platinum, they get beat.  I will admit that sometimes if my deck does not do well, and by not do well I mean HORRIBLE, I will salvage it by building an immorush.  Other times I just do not have enough upped cards to make a good plat deck so I have to resort to worse schemes like an immorush, flying weapon deck, deathrush, etc.   Never made a stall for arena.

That said I have a mean monolife mitosis deck up that is 8/0.  I hope that others don't always just do immorushes just to win or bank. 

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: It's time for action https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29321.msg396986#msg396986
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2011, 09:29:07 pm »
I stole this from the strategy thread for Decay:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74a 74a 74a 7ak 7ak 7ak 7td 7td 7td 7td 80h 80h 80h 80h 8pj

It is a bit slow but I am having some good results against Firestalls and all kinds of standard arena decks.  I am thinking about adding in some deflags for SoGs and other tricksy permanents.

Any thoughts?
IMO it's really too slow to compete with any kind of rush, and with only 4 sources of damage it's gonna take a while to get enough damage to win and you need 4 cards to start the combo (assuming your opponent has CC). I even managed to lose to a 1hp deck... Black Hole, Gravity Nymphs, and nearly any kind of rush. I don't know if I'm just unlucky but I still have not won with it. Maybe add some Pandamoniums?

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: It's time for action https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29321.msg396988#msg396988
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2011, 09:30:12 pm »
Mono death (1 time rank 1, one time rank1/2) and ghostmare  (2 time rank1) are way better I think
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline pulli23

• Reputation Power: 3
  • pulli23 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What's going on here?
Re: It's time for action https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29321.msg397034#msg397034
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2011, 10:20:56 pm »
A deck with pulvy will kill aether deck (JMZ for example). My gold league killer with discord/BH to slow or prevent shield was good too (and I had 2 steal and one deflag too). You can also try to had a momentum/unstoppable in your deck, specially if you have growing creatures.
Well I'm running 2 deflags.. It's just ragequitting when I see 4+ shields in a row. Might change my arsenic by a pulvy someday!

Offline JappertTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: It's time for action https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29321.msg397194#msg397194
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2011, 05:36:23 am »
Let's stay on topic guys.

Take your Dim shield complaints elsewhere! This topic is about Firestalls and Immorushes!

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: It's time for action https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29321.msg397205#msg397205
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2011, 06:41:20 am »
You really don't want to see my arena deck right now :p  It's 30-0 with lava golem as the card.  *hangs head in both shame and pride simultaneously*  I've built a couple monofire or almost monofire decks in the past if I get a good fire card, but I don't try to make every deck into an almost monofire just because it'll work.  There's people that will, for instance, get a card like Shockwave and make a monofire deck and cast it off the one air from Cremations.  I don't like when people do something like that, because it's not particularly imaginative, but like I got handed lava golem two days ago... I'm not going to pass that up unless I already have a good deck up, and my deck was 7 days old when I got golem, so of course I was going to use it.

Personally, I don't see fire stall as being as much of a problem as immorush, but maybe it's because immorush does better against my style of decks (usually slower rainbow control types) than fire stall does.  Also, most of the cards that I think are the biggest culprits are used more in immorush than firestall.

Two of the worst offending cards in my opinion:

Explosion - This is just too cheap.  It's so cheap, you can splash it in other decks by just making your mark fire in an otherwise mono deck.  When compared to other permanent destruction (Steal, Pulverizer, Butterfly Effect, lucky mutants) I think it should cost at least 1 fire more in both forms.  (Granted, this is also used in firestall)

Cremation - This is really powerful.  In fact, most of the games I beat immorush, it's because their draw had few or no cremations.  It could be changed to only work on fire creatures, or give less quanta on nonfire creatures, or require 1 fire to actually play it, so that it either takes 1 extra turn to play it in pillarless decks, or you have to use something else (nova, upped tower) to power it out on turn 1.  Many times, with just one more turn, I'd be able to stabilize against such decks, or outrush them if that was my strategy.

Also, fire has the creatures with the highest offense/lowest defense ratio.  This means that, in the absence of creature removal, fire is the best element.  However, this also is one of its weaknesses, and can be taken advantage of by cards like otyugh, antimatter, and so on.  I think that crimson dragon is reasonable, though strong, for instance, but I do think that minor phoenix and lava destroyer are too cheap.  Minor phoenix should either cost 1 more fire to play, or be 3/1 at the current cost.  Lava Destroyer is just... scary :p  It should cost at least 1 more fire to play as well; it certainly should cost more than the unupped version, which is still a strong card, but more fair.

Well, that's my two cents.  At least my lava destroyer arena deck is slightly unique, or at least as unique as can be done with such a card.  It's got the core of the deck we all know and hate (6x destroyer, 6x gemfinder, 6x cremation, some explosions) but it's got a few cards on the side that aren't usually in such decks.  Even if I'm going to follow an established archetype, which I try not to do, I will stamp my own style on it because I don't like netdecking; it shows a lack of skill, and often, they aren't optimized anyway.

anything
blarg: Bootsza,TheForbiddenOracle