*Author

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg365472#msg365472
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 04:03:21 pm »
5 of the losses and a few wins were from when I submitted a chaos power / dune scorp deck. The newly submitted deck has been going strong for 4 days now.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
568 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u5 6u5 6u5 6u5 6u7 6u7 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 745 745 745 74f 74f 74f 74f 74f 74f 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pl

Boring deck, I realise that. Sadly decks like these generally do well. The black holes destroy rainbows while discord messes with everything else.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg365515#msg365515
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 05:49:11 pm »
by Sevs
5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 719 71a 71a 71b 71b 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7gp 7gu 7gu 7gu 7gu 7gu 7gu 8pp

I forgot to take a screen shot but it was 58-5 and peaked at 25 in platinum. 2 loses came from having low HP on the last day and another was self inflicted.
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline RastaflaTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg365524#msg365524
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2011, 06:14:38 pm »
I just don't get what you are trying to do here?
Are you trying to make Arena even harder?
If everyone reading the forums can submit a deck that was at top 10 (if they have the cards) then that exactly will happen.

I see all over on the forums (and chat) people complaining about the amount of games they get on their decks. Rewards are low (as some say - and I agree) and platinum is atm very hard to beat by most people, since decks tend to have tremendous amounds of PC or healing.

If you want even less people to play Arena then it will be also pointless for forum members to know what decks to use. I hope all this won't turn into a "boomerang" and make more harm than good.

As I said before, I also have copied other member's decks that were posted in the past (some times I try to tweak or mod them to my needs or thoughts and sometimes I use them unchanged)  and may do it again if I feel that way. There are times when you don't have time to build a deck after work, or no idea in which deck to use a card in, or even don't have the cards for a deck you wanted to make. So some times you have to throw a card in a deck to submit something for that day. Some of these decks also worked really well against all expectations.
I am also willing to help anyone who needs help in his deck and asks how to improve it. But it's gonna be HIS deck and we can help with suggestions and tips to make it work better. I just disagree with having a big list to choose from when you get X card from Oracle.

That's all I wanted to say and hope you understand my point. It is my opinion and as anyone's opinion it can be wrong or stupid, but it is not hypocritical as Essence said (I don't know if it was meant to be about me or everyone disagreeing) because what you are trying to do here will make Arena more "uniform/predictable" than it already is. Also Rastafla you did mention me and 2 other new guys in your reply about disagreeing. Though I think Marv, Root, Selvaria and Hodari (with some new suggestion about removing older decks) also disagreed with that kind of topic, so I mention them since I agree with their opinion.

Also once again I know how much Rastafla and Eseence did (and do) for this community and I appreciate everything. I also learned alot from your posts guys!
It just happens that I have a different opinion on this subject.

P.S. - English is not my native language and I am trying to express myself as good as I can.
Trying to make the arena more diverse in its decks and stronger decks.

The arena will never be uniform/predictable due to the constant submissions. Ideas is what fuels creativity, and there are few things as potent as images to give people ideas and inspiration, pictures are universal human media after all. This is why its better to share decks to get away from the rainbows. Because the antidote to rainbows is the proof that decks outside them work and this is something I'm trying to bring across! If no one share decks we will continue to have all the rainbows in arena. (note that i dont mind them due to my amber nymphs, thank you gold and platinum rainbows for giving me countless EMs)

Platinum isn't too hard, many decks are equal to FGs or less. Platinum is not a problem for people in that range themselves save for a few decks with fortuitous oracle cards. A lot of decks in Platinum isnt even fully upgraded, people have few coins to spend on cards other than rainbow friendly cards, this is one of my guesses.
In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

Selvaria

Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg365631#msg365631
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2011, 09:55:24 pm »
5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 719 71a 71a 71b 71b 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7gp 7gu 7gu 7gu 7gu 7gu 7gu 8pp

I forgot to take a screen shot but it was 58-5 and peaked at 25 in platinum. 2 loses came from having low HP on the last day and another was self inflicted.
This looks like a powerful arena deck to me. Considering most people don't bring purify along.
Poison is good IMO when you have hp and draw advantage.

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg365773#msg365773
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 04:27:03 am »
The arena will never be uniform/predictable due to the constant submissions. Ideas is what fuels creativity, and there are few things as potent as images to give people ideas and inspiration, pictures are universal human media after all.
"Ideas is what fuels creativity, and there are few things as potent as images to give people a powerful deck to simply copy and paste.".

I dislike having lots of rainbows, but I think people should try their own decks, and I really really doubt this will fuel any creativity. Suppose Im a casual player and I suck at deck building. I get Puffer Fish as oracle card. Why should I try something new instead of just copy this deck from the forum?

People should try submitting decks and fail, if they dont have enough skill. Help crappy people having superb decks is not something i call 'positive'. Just my 2 cents.

wavedash

Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg365787#msg365787
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 05:44:23 am »
People should try submitting decks and fail, if they dont have enough skill. Help crappy people having superb decks is not something i call 'positive'. Just my 2 cents.
Like I said, what's the alternative? Help every single person who spins the Oracle every single day make their own personal decks?

Hodari

Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg365795#msg365795
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 06:20:20 am »
Code: [Select]
745 745 745 745 745 745 74f 74f 74f 74f 74f 77c 77c 77f 77f 77i 77i 77i 77i 77j 77j 77j 77j 77k 77k 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78qDeck level 67, all upgrades except max hp started at 135, Oracle card was Charger
Final record 90-8, started off with 1 loss while I was still testing the deck, then once I finished modifying it, it won 50 in a row before losing again.
Rank 3 in Platinum

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg365806#msg365806
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 07:13:00 am »
Posting it here too, since it was up for another day -- I just didn't have the time to change it, and it still brought me some wins.

3x Mark, Double Draw, 30 ups, 135 Hp - Oracle card was Ice bolt.

Peaked at 1st place since ~4days now.

The reign of Tiko has ended :]
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg365826#msg365826
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 09:01:40 am »
5 of the losses and a few wins were from when I submitted a chaos power / dune scorp deck. The newly submitted deck has been going strong for 4 days now.

568 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u5 6u5 6u5 6u5 6u7 6u7 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 745 745 745 74f 74f 74f 74f 74f 74f 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pl

Boring deck, I realise that. Sadly decks like these generally do well. The black holes destroy rainbows while discord messes with everything else.
I'm currently 10th with this deck but taking it down today, it's been 5 days now and I wanna build a new deck. 10th is my highest rank up untill now.

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg365890#msg365890
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2011, 01:24:35 pm »
Like I said, what's the alternative? Help every single person who spins the Oracle every single day make their own personal decks?
I would say let people learn how to buy a good deck by themselves.  ;D

Offline zombie0

• Reputation Power: 5
  • zombie0 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Swagger Coach
Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg366017#msg366017
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2011, 05:37:57 pm »
it won 50 in a row before losing again.
checkout my thread, you made the first page Hodari!

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28540.0.html
Zombie0 gives 110 percent whenever he's in the arena. He's a team player who delivers both offensively and defensively. He has no idea what a Quantum is.

Hodari

Re: GOOD lasting decks that you took down from the arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28523.msg366018#msg366018
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2011, 05:40:31 pm »
it won 50 in a row before losing again.
checkout my thread, you made the first page Hodari!

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28540.0.html
hehe nice :)  Immo rush?  I figured that would be where most of my losses came from

anything
blarg: Jappert,Sevs,Selvaria