*Author

Artea

Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg369088#msg369088
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2011, 02:08:12 am »
Eh, I think you're way overreacting. This deck is slow to start and prone to bad draws. A well-tuned deck built around the oracle card will easily outperform this, and there are already plenty of those archived in the arena section if people want to copy decks.

This deck isn't that popular in the arena either. Fire rush seems to be the flavour of the now, and if you go count all the time marks in the leaderboard (gold league), you'll notice there really aren't that many (given the generous assumption that all time marks = oraclebow, which is definitely not the case).

Asinickle

Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg369237#msg369237
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2011, 02:25:35 pm »
Yeah. Probably only ~2% of the people in Gold League actually use either of these versions. (I've seen CCC's version more than JMDT's)

Offline CCCombobreakerTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg369351#msg369351
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2011, 04:48:34 pm »
1) This is one of the most awful threads I've seen so far, the fact that it's sold under the cover of helping the poor, poor players who couldn't compete by themselves if they didn't chose this arena-killing blueprint that is generously offered makes it even worse...

2) Players are meant to have fun when playing this and even though I was sceptical at first, I'm a big fan of the arena, I had five decks up so far, some did well, others less, none got kicked out. They were all monos or duos, decks I had never used before, that I had created around the oracle card, I had fun doing it, almost too much because I even remove my good decks after four or five days at most, just because I want to make a new one, I believe that is what the arena is about.

3) I'm not complaining about the fact that someone has created a super-annoying speedbow, that has always existed, it's the fact that uncreative people are encouraged to be even less creative and, what's even worse, it encourages them to ignore the oracle card, element that was put in there specifically to try to make people think.

4) This is sabotage.
First of all I highly recommend you read the OP.  I'm not really sure how you could have read it and come to all these conclusions... But I numbered a few and will address them directly:

1) It isn't "under the guise" of anything.  I posted this because I am one of the people that would use this deck.  I have almost 80k score but only about 70 upgraded cards (30 are the Mono-Aether FG farmer, 28 are vNG, and then I have some misc cards I've won from FGs).  So when the oracle doesn't give me cards that fit one of those two paradigms... I still want a deck that can win regularly and stay in the game til I get a new one.  And I think a lot of other Gold League-ers are in my position, so I felt it appropriate to help them (the same way this community helps people in so many other ways - DECK IDEAS)

2) If you are building monos and duos that are staying up for 4-5 days  really have to ask 2 things: what league are you in?  and if you are in gold league how upgraded are the decks you are posting?  Gold league is the most cutthroat league and unless you are always running hard rushes with PC (mono fire/darkness) or all upped decks I have a hard time seeing decks win better than 5 to 1, which is the bottom of gold league.

3) Look at my deck again and tell me it's a speedbow.  It is a stallbow full of PC and regen and draw.  It has like 2 creatures unless the oracle gives it one (and most of the time those aren't good rushers anyways...

4) No, I have no intent of destroying the arena.  I am just pointing out this is useful for people to do if they can't see a way to do better.  If it is an ongoing issue that really is undermining the arena, then I am more than willing for them to do something about it even if it totally breaks this deck's viability.  I even think that'd be an improvement.
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline inthisroom

• Reputation Power: 13
  • inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg369410#msg369410
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2011, 07:52:53 pm »

First of all I highly recommend you read the OP.  I'm not really sure how you could have read it and come to all these conclusions... But I numbered a few and will address them directly:

1) It isn't "under the guise" of anything.  I posted this because I am one of the people that would use this deck.  I have almost 80k score but only about 70 upgraded cards (30 are the Mono-Aether FG farmer, 28 are vNG, and then I have some misc cards I've won from FGs).  So when the oracle doesn't give me cards that fit one of those two paradigms... I still want a deck that can win regularly and stay in the game til I get a new one.  And I think a lot of other Gold League-ers are in my position, so I felt it appropriate to help them (the same way this community helps people in so many other ways - DECK IDEAS)

2) If you are building monos and duos that are staying up for 4-5 days  really have to ask 2 things: what league are you in?  and if you are in gold league how upgraded are the decks you are posting?  Gold league is the most cutthroat league and unless you are always running hard rushes with PC (mono fire/darkness) or all upped decks I have a hard time seeing decks win better than 5 to 1, which is the bottom of gold league.

3) Look at my deck again and tell me it's a speedbow.  It is a stallbow full of PC and regen and draw.  It has like 2 creatures unless the oracle gives it one (and most of the time those aren't good rushers anyways...

4) No, I have no intent of destroying the arena.  I am just pointing out this is useful for people to do if they can't see a way to do better.  If it is an ongoing issue that really is undermining the arena, then I am more than willing for them to do something about it even if it totally breaks this deck's viability.  I even think that'd be an improvement.
[/quote]

Hi

I'm aware I came on a little strong yesterday, sorry for that.

I did actually read all the posts on this thread and even though I understand you have "cash problems" (let's call it that) I'm still not a big fan of any blueprint where the oracle card is just interchangeable, I must admitt, though,  that I never really liked the fact that before already, many players just copied decks that were posted by others but that's just a personal point of view, I've played elements for almost one and a half years before even having a look at the forum and I would never have thought of using a deck I hadn't created myself, I'd almost consider this as a cheat code, but again, this is just my point of view.

I play platinum league, level 72, all my decks are fully upped, I generally have enough cash to up the necessary cards to fit with the oracle card so I do indeed not have the same problem as you (I play at work where I have plenty of time to grind...)
I'm aware than I'm not the king of deck builders but like I said, they're all mine and work to my satysfaction, I win far more than I lose, whatever level I farm, sometimes changing decks 5 or 10 times in one evening.

Refering to the speedbow that isn't one, even though I've read the posts, I didn't look what the deck actually looks like, that wasn't the point, it was really all about the blueprint/oracle card issue.

Even though it might have sounded like that a bit yesterday when I "unleashed my wrath"  ::) I don't think you're the devil trying to break down the holy developper's glorious plan, but I still think initiatives like that aren't necessarily good for the game because they prevent creativity.

I hope that softens the quite-unlike-me vehemency of my post yesterday.

PS. I farm in some sort of round-robin, one match in each league, bronze to platinum, first of all this prevents me from getting bored - I love to get the spins in all leagues - but the point is that even with my fully upped decks, I can sometimes light three lights in the platinum league and then get my butt handed to me by an unupped bronze league deck, so it's really more about good deck building than about having lots of upped cards and cash.

Offline CCCombobreakerTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg369973#msg369973
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2011, 08:42:36 pm »
Thanks for the calm and collected response.  +rep  I've caught a bit of flaming and raging up in here so it's hard to keep myself on the level (when I feel like I am repeating myself a bunch).

You and I have similar backgrounds in elements (playing for a longish time before discovering the forums and such), although it sounds like you get to play a bit more than I do.  And after playing in Beginner's League recently I too was dissatisfied (appalled is a little too strong but probably more true) with how often many players use decks straight out of the archive... or slight mods of the same "standard" decks.  When the originators of those decks posted them, I don't think their intent was for me to have to play against them a bunch, but clearly they made that a possibility. 

I certainly hope most people can do better than using oracleBow, but I did give everyone the opportunity. 

And on a side note, rank 500 in plat is 70-50, and rank 500 in gold is 71-19.  So it is very hard for people to just make decks and have them stay in gold t500... whereas any deck in plat (especially considering you have more perks) has a better chance of winning and needs to win less to remain t500. 

And as I've said before I wish the system prevented or more strongly discouraged "ignoring" the oracle card, but as long as it doesn't I think there should be open discussion on how to build decks of this type both for those who may want to use them and for those who like to know what they may go up against, just like the other facets of this game (pvp and pve).
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg370713#msg370713
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2011, 08:30:00 am »
If you actually seriously fully couldn't think of a deck/have time to make one/don't care - I have an alternative.

6x Rare 1, 6x Rare 2 - Pillars/Pends. 3 people will get some money, and possibly a rare.
0 Effort. Farms aren't great, I've only ever done this once, but for gods sake, I don't want to ever see another one of these in Arena ever again.

You're Welcome.

wavedash

Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg371059#msg371059
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2011, 06:56:22 am »
If you actually seriously fully couldn't think of a deck/have time to make one/don't care - I have an alternative.

6x Rare 1, 6x Rare 2 - Pillars/Pends. 3 people will get some money, and possibly a rare.
0 Effort. Farms aren't great, I've only ever done this once, but for gods sake, I don't want to ever see another one of these in Arena ever again.

You're Welcome.
>Implying putting up farms is profitable for me

Offline MatrimKK

• Reputation Power: 6
  • MatrimKK is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • reigned by Entropy
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of EntropyWar #4 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg371074#msg371074
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2011, 07:35:32 am »
seriously the money you make off your arena deck is embarassing unless you are like tiko's lucky (and well made deck) and average 50~60 plays a day hitting #1 fast, and that is plat after gold you won't be making very much, if you really like to annoy people so much just goto pvp2 and play ragequit for a few hours (you can savor the actual comments people will make about you) and save the rest of the community from something they likely don't deserve.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg371075#msg371075
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2011, 07:40:43 am »
i just built this deck (with five devonian dragons) and i beat it 2 times in a row with my healbow... just wow. if i were facing it for real, it would have been booted by now
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline MatrimKK

• reigned by Entropy
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of EntropyWar #4 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg371113#msg371113
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2011, 09:10:46 am »
at which league and what bonuses did you choose?

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg371245#msg371245
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2011, 04:20:03 pm »
seriously the money you make off your arena deck is embarassing unless you are like tiko's lucky (and well made deck) and average 50~60 plays a day hitting #1 fast, and that is plat after gold you won't be making very much, if you really like to annoy people so much just goto pvp2 and play ragequit for a few hours (you can savor the actual comments people will make about you) and save the rest of the community from something they likely don't deserve.
I don't quite follow. What doesn't the community deserve?
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline MatrimKK

• reigned by Entropy
Re: Gold League oracleBow: how to be better than mediocre without trying https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28268.msg371291#msg371291
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2011, 06:13:00 pm »
to be trolled :P~

anything
blarg: