*Author

moonlighting

Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg401428#msg401428
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 02:58:33 am »
I might suggest this 10men deck:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q8 7q8 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 8pt

Ok so this deck will probably look familiar to most, but its effectiveness as Arena grinder might not be so well known. It uses Nightmare to block the opponent's draws and even get some extra damage on him because of the obsession passive.
Very, very recommendable! I've used this deck for fun the past days and man it's effective. Naturally it has alot of problems vs CC decks but nightmare is so goddamn awesome, especially combined with rewinds/eternity. The GotP's are not only there to finish it of, but forcing the AI to discard either a usefull card (I assume it's usefull since it's his) or a 13 self-damage GotP is great.
I love the matches where a single nightmare in an empty hand + your eternity locks him down early. Even better when there are more nightmares and rewinds waiting in your hand. Lovely deck!
I find it less efficient against platinum or gold, as there's no defense and healing cards in the deck, thus when your opponent has high hp, double drawing and upped cards, you're still very often rushed or just slowly killed.

maybe it's because I'm not using fully upped version.

yet I find it more efficient in bronze/silver leagues, although still have a hard time winning 6/5 games in a row.

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg401712#msg401712
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 06:07:19 pm »
5fc 5fc 5fc 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dm 7dm 7do 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7ds 7ds 7ds 7f2 7f2 8po

All credit goes to Napalm for vNG, but Fire Storm has saved my ass many times against Destroyer Rushes, I'm even considering -1 Destroyer +1 Fire Storm

DustySky

Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg405689#msg405689
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 03:41:46 am »

7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q8 7q8 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 8pt

Ok so this deck will probably look familiar to most, but its effectiveness as Arena grinder might not be so well known. It uses Nightmare to block the opponent's draws and even get some extra damage on him because of the obsession passive.
I find it less efficient against platinum or gold, as there's no defense and healing cards in the deck, thus when your opponent has high hp, double drawing and upped cards, you're still very often rushed or just slowly killed.

maybe it's because I'm not using fully upped version.

yet I find it more efficient in bronze/silver leagues, although still have a hard time winning 6/5 games in a row.

I find this deck works fantastic in all arenas including platinum. The towers are a must as they get your GotP on the field very quickly. Get a ghost out there and CLOG CLOG CLOG (:

Offline Anthraxx

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Anthraxx is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Work less, ride more!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg405801#msg405801
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 09:25:44 am »

Very, very recommendable! I've used this deck for fun the past days and man it's effective. Naturally it has alot of problems vs CC decks but nightmare is so goddamn awesome, especially combined with rewinds/eternity. The GotP's are not only there to finish it of, but forcing the AI to discard either a usefull card (I assume it's usefull since it's his) or a 13 self-damage GotP is great.
I love the matches where a single nightmare in an empty hand + your eternity locks him down early. Even better when there are more nightmares and rewinds waiting in your hand. Lovely deck!
I've been farming platinum for the last 4 weeks with the mutation of this deck (+ gold nymph + 2 steals) and IMHO unupped GotPs work wonders! The deck's main strength is the hand lockout and draw denial, NOT the discard damage. Having 6 :time creature you can play and nightmare on turn 2 lets you start the lockdown one round earlier. Of course, this assumes you have 3 Time Towers in your opening hand (pretty common). Cheaper GotPs make the mirrors a little easier as well.
:entropy :entropy :entropy Wooooaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr :entropy :entropy :entropy

Offline Elite arbiter

• Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg405946#msg405946
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »
I've been farming platinum for the last 4 weeks with the mutation of this deck (+ gold nymph + 2 steals) and IMHO unupped GotPs work wonders! The deck's main strength is the hand lockout and draw denial, NOT the discard damage. Having 6 :time creature you can play and nightmare on turn 2 lets you start the lockdown one round earlier. Of course, this assumes you have 3 Time Towers in your opening hand (pretty common). Cheaper GotPs make the mirrors a little easier as well.
Yeah, this and Day Traitors are wonderful against arena deck, partly because of the increased effectiveness of Nightmare against arena. Not sure which I like better though, both have their fun points.

Also, you mean 7 :time. Which is generally good, that much harder for Nova decks to play the GoTP horde.

Offline Bonestorm

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bonestorm is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • This is not the end.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of Short Story Competition - Draconic Guardians
Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg408512#msg408512
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 10:00:32 am »
Scorp-poison Plat Farmer (Splat Farmer)

4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 74a 74a 74a 74a 74a 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 8ps

Simple but great, decent shot at first turn neuro and SoSac can hold any deck up for a while.

Blanks are Shards of Sacrifice.

Gather cards for a Dune Scorpion and play it backed up with the regular SoSac chain. Works a charm for platinum decks without too much healing or Purify.

Mark is often fairly irrelevant but time is probably best for balance if you dont draw any towers. Light will give you extra HP from SoDs.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg408672#msg408672
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 07:49:50 pm »
Interesting deck bonestorm; I'm going to give that a try.  I only have 5 SoSa so far, but that shouldn't change things much.  I'll report back on how it did soon.

edit: Played 3 games in plat and won all three.  The SoSa gives the deck enough time for neurotoxin to work its magic.  While playing it, it feels like a total failure, because without SoSa, all the games would have been completely hopeless, but it does work.

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg408740#msg408740
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 09:54:46 pm »
6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74g 7ap 7n9 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q6 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7te 8pj

Instosis (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32309.0.html) by Sevs with an added Liquid Shadow for EMs

Offline Bonestorm

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bonestorm is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • This is not the end.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of Short Story Competition - Draconic Guardians
Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg408756#msg408756
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 10:27:47 pm »
Interesting deck bonestorm; I'm going to give that a try.  I only have 5 SoSa so far, but that shouldn't change things much.  I'll report back on how it did soon.

edit: Played 3 games in plat and won all three.  The SoSa gives the deck enough time for neurotoxin to work its magic.  While playing it, it feels like a total failure, because without SoSa, all the games would have been completely hopeless, but it does work.
That's basically what it is. A win condition more thorough than the arsen-poison stalls while standing up to brutal denial and ulitising the SoSa/SoD combination. If there was a way to fit in more SoD I'd lean on that because it gives you more breathing space vs immorush and speedbows (more max hp than 1 turn of damage+33 -> can chain one SoSa every 3 turns instead of two.) Slower decks tend to give you enough time to SoSa chain as usual. Increasing max HP also has the cheeky bonus of giving you extra rewards on victory.  :)

Offline zombie0

• zombie0 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Swagger Coach
Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg409116#msg409116
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 03:55:01 pm »
joker deck that wins more than it should (platinum)

6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 74a 74a 74a 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 8pl

enjoy fun :)
Zombie0 gives 110 percent whenever he's in the arena. He's a team player who delivers both offensively and defensively. He has no idea what a Quantum is.

Offline Plantifant

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Plantifant is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Herpedy derp I want a good singularity deck.
Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg409158#msg409158
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 05:45:03 pm »
Zombie does this deck work, cause it seams kinda easy :p

Offline zombie0

• zombie0 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Swagger Coach
Re: Decks used to farm Platinum? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29337.msg409162#msg409162
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 05:59:58 pm »
it works really well  ;)
pros -  absolute house against fire stall.  lances target scarabs, pharaohs ignored by rage pots.  scarab hp calculated BEFORE fire shield.  as close to a counter as there is imo.
          devour power.  can do lots of tricks with unstoppable+SoR chaining.
          immune to paradox ability
          lots of creature fodder to punch through bone walls
          excellent against GoTP/nightmare/rewind
          fun!

cons - can be outrushed
          no pharaoh = no bueno.  since im used to no cremation = no bueno...no biggie for me :)
          takes a few turns to get rolling
          no heals = poison puts a fast clock to win game before loss
          requires rare cards (but available through spins, so not impossible con)

beaten a couple top 5 today with it.  give it a 10 game run, see what you think
Zombie0 gives 110 percent whenever he's in the arena. He's a team player who delivers both offensively and defensively. He has no idea what a Quantum is.

anything
blarg: moonlighting,TheForbiddenOracle,DustySky,Anthraxx,Bonestorm,zombie0