*Author

Offline ShylderidhTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Shylderidh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
Bronze rating is completely broken https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65771.msg1274888#msg1274888
« on: March 05, 2018, 01:35:55 am »
It seems it gives negative rating for victories and/or positive for defeats now.
Coming back to the game, I've created a bunch of alt, currently in bronze, to repopulate a little and my worse ranked has -1098 rating for 12 wins 1 defeat (created a day ago, already out of the top 500).
I first thought it only encountered sore losers and getting only thumbs down could explain that, then I checked my other alts created yesterday results.
My second worse alt in the table has 12 wins 4 defeats (currently in 487th position with -1051).
Then I have one with 6 wins one defeat in 434th with -800 rating.
Then one with 6 wins 3 defeats is 424th with -760.
And one with 5 wins 1 defeat is 412th.
(note that all those have negative rating and are ranked behind new accounts, hundreds of old 1hp decks with hundreds of losses and even some accounts having 0 win and 3 or 4 losses)

I'm not completely sure, but it leads me to believe the dynamic points for victories system has gone completely nuts due to all the ghost accounts and victory "value" is currently negative in bronze.
That or there's something I don't understand in the system.

• Young Elemental
Re: Bronze rating is completely broken https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65771.msg1274889#msg1274889
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 12:27:51 pm »
Tested a bit more and both points for win and points for loss seem negative today.
After changing my bronze arena deck on an alt and getting one victory (with 0 loss), and thumbs up according to electrum gain, it... lost 112 rating going from 0 to -112.
But when it lost a game it lost 10 more rating going to -122.
May explain why all the skeleton decks stay forever in the bronze arena despite a reasonable influx of new decks. While there are an hundred or so recent decks in leaderboard there's actually 0 decks less than a week old having a positive score in leaderboard.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:56:29 pm by Shylderidh »

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Bronze rating is completely broken https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65771.msg1274891#msg1274891
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 02:08:33 pm »
silver does the same, with only 250 decks at one point (after 7 days or something) u get kicked out even if u doesn't have a "negative" score

tried myself to fill up silver with decks, and maybe balance other leagues because who knows, but apparently peoples doesn't really care http://elementscommunity.org/forum/the-arena/silver-league-is-dying/msg1273150/#msg1273150

• Young Elemental
Re: Bronze rating is completely broken https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65771.msg1274892#msg1274892
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 02:52:27 pm »
Yes I had read your thread, it's why I've started making a dozen of alts (but I was a bit lazy and stopped most of them at level 15 or so, in bronze rather than silver for the moment).

Anyway the sad news is even if people wanted it looks impossible to expell the skeleton decks as new accounts get negative score/victory (at least in bronze, not sure if the problem is exactly the same in silver, as there victories at least give positive score). It seems it's not the lack of players but a scoring bug that explains the state (frequency of 1hp decks) of bronze arena.
The better news is there are enough new/returning players to have more than one hundred less than one week old decks in bronze currently, even if all they do is losing points and they get out of the league in a few days even if they win.

ps : considering how fast you get out of the league it's even possible there's enough active players to fill the bronze league, but they just get out too fast to be visible in scoreboard (and are never ranked above 350th place as it's where 0 score players are introduced). There's a huge number of decks ranked past 500 with negative points in the base, while the last of the league has -1600 score, one of my alts -having 15 wins 4 losses- is now ranked 9698th with its -1701 score.

pps : it's even worse than I thought : active decks losing score when they win have made an hundred of thousand days old ghost decks with scores in the -1500 to -1700 range and stats like 1 win for 200 losses return to bronze arena, while there's no longer more than 50 decks having more than 1hp, and victory negative value continue to increase (now -147 per win) so the arena will likely end fully filled by dead decks out of completely new ones
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 12:16:12 pm by Shylderidh »

Offline Sqantic Pilau

• Sqantic Pilau is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Old and hairy - kind o' scary.
Re: Bronze rating is completely broken https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65771.msg1275021#msg1275021
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 12:49:44 pm »
I suspect very strongly why this negative win score thingy is happening.
(i.e. the existence of mega-score decks e.g. top page of leader board et al)
But I'd certainly be reluctant to ask people to take down their prized top ten decks without knowing for certain.

So . . .
REQUEST FOR INFO
Does anyone know (or can access) the score assigning algorithms ??

Maybe this can be solved ?
By eck it's reet gradley, it's a proper Sqantic that is, I tells thee.

• Young Elemental
Re: Bronze rating is completely broken https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65771.msg1275038#msg1275038
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 06:12:22 pm »
I'm not so sure, highscores are far higher in silver league, but victories still have a positive value there (now silver has an even stranger problem, decks start to disappear from there when their number reach 260 or so).
Likely there's some data corruption issue on the game server.

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Bronze rating is completely broken https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65771.msg1275047#msg1275047
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 04:05:22 am »
I'm not so sure, highscores are far higher in silver league, but victories still have a positive value there (now silver has an even stranger problem, decks start to disappear from there when their number reach 260 or so).
Likely there's some data corruption issue on the game server.
No corruption issue, there's just ~330 players in silver league and a set 500 slots for decks, so a bunch of spaces that should have arena decks are empty. This is usually put down to people who quit elements early staying in bronze, while those that continue move up to gold after a few weeks, leaving very few in silver.
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

blarg: