*Author

FSK

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361379#msg361379
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2011, 11:14:12 pm »
The problem is the double-draw.  Cards that are balanced for 1x draw are unbalanced with 2x draw.

Consider explosion.

With 1x draw, you're sacrificing one draw to cancel one of your opponent's draws - balanced.

With 2x draw, you're sacrificing 1/2 draw to cancel one of your opponent's draws - broken.

Many of the low-cost cards are balanced for 1x draw, but unbalanced for double-draw.

I'd like to see an area of the Arena where double-draw isn't allowed.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361383#msg361383
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2011, 11:17:05 pm »
The problem is the double-draw.  Cards that are balanced for 1x draw are unbalanced with 2x draw.

Consider explosion.

With 1x draw, you're sacrificing one draw to cancel one of your opponent's draws - balanced.

With 2x draw, you're sacrificing 1/2 draw to cancel one of your opponent's draws - broken.

Many of the low-cost cards are balanced for 1x draw, but unbalanced for double-draw.

I'd like to see an area of the Arena where double-draw isn't allowed.
Bronze League

QuantumT

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361417#msg361417
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2011, 12:19:52 am »
Yet another poll added

Ace of Souls

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361439#msg361439
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2011, 12:58:28 am »
When I was thinking about ways to solve the problem, I didn't think it was a big deal in terms of balance.  I thought the arena would be less fun if people just used the same rainbow deck + the oracle's cards.

But, now that CCCB outlined just how easy it is to to that, I get the feeling more people are going to switch to his oracleBow deck idea, and make the arena even more monotonous.

In my opinion, it's a bad idea to just ban cards that encourage the oracleBow deck idea, and instead encourage their use some other way, like making the oracle's cards not count towards your deck's limits.  In other words, with the 5 copies of the card the oracle uses, plus the 6 you can use, you are allowed 11 copies of that card in your deck.  This allows new decks that wouldn't be possible with standard rules, and therefore a neat challenge for skilled deckmakers.

OR, in reference to the poll you created, crutch decks by requiring them to include 5 of some specific quanta source for the element of the card they got from the oracle.  So the only sources could be mark, pillars(except qualtum pillar), pendulums, ability (devour, etc...) , or the likes of soulcatcher, solar buckler, etc.

I think that just banning rainbows altogether is a bad idea.  I have seen a few good decks that needed rainbow pillars or supernovas that didn't just clone the oracleBow.  A mass mindgate deck, mass improve deck, and even a clever rainbow poison deck that I'm afraid to leak out many more details of :p  Rainbow quanta sources are a necessary addition to quite a few good decks.  And telling these players that their deck isn't allowed isn't fair to them.

Offline bucky1andonly

• Reputation Power: 9
  • bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361440#msg361440
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2011, 01:01:48 am »
Voted NO.  Why you ask, and you did say to explain.  EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE THE WAY IT IS.  If you haven't noticed by your previous polls, majority of people do not want any change at all.  So quit QQ'ing about the way the arena is and suck it up and play the way it is.

This IS NOT supposed to be super easy so everyone can make 50k electrum a day.  Give it up already, majority rules, and that means no change.  I request a topic lock please, because you cannot fix what is not broken.

LifeLockable

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361446#msg361446
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2011, 01:11:18 am »
Look i think that the arena should be a simple challenge of skill, and incorporating more deck building rules would open up a new spectrum of things to the table not only challenging the players of arena but the deckbuilders too, rainbows make the challenge aspect of it zero for the deckbuilding, that is why I'm voting yes in the limitations because I want to see what people come up with then just a rainbow with a bit of everything in it.

Offline inthisroom

• Reputation Power: 13
  • inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361454#msg361454
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2011, 01:22:01 am »
At first, I voted everything's fine, but then I changed my vote to SoG, I don't mind SoG being part of the game but if something had to be removed, the shard of gratitude would probably be the only option that wouldn't cripple the game too much, even though I think in a Rainbow they would probably just be replaced by Sanctuaries so it wouldn't change that much.

I don't believe removing SN or QP would be a good idea, they're part of too many different decks and it would mutilate the game, in the old t50 you had to face a lot of speedbows and regular rainbows already and even though they can be annoying, the right deck can beat them a fair number of times.

So here's my vote: Everything's fine, but if anything had to be altered, SoG would probably be the only option.

And here's my advice: If you can't beat them, play a lower league or build a better deck.

Addicted

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361456#msg361456
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2011, 01:23:38 am »
I think people are forgetting about the people who don't play this for hours and hours each day, or haven't played for a VERY long time. I have CCYB 1.27 with all upgraded cards and thats about it for upgraded cards. I don't have stacks of electrum to go and by cards and upgrade them, just to be thrown into an arena deck for 3 days.

Making rules cutting out the cards that new people use to farm is just gonna make their decks get pushed down the list.
If i had money, then i would make crazier decks to test out. I play trainer just because i like making decks i can't afford here. I got a photon in the oracle so i just threw up my T50 farming deck (fire rush) and that saves me from spending alot more money to build a deck then i win from letting it sit in the arena

QuantumT

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361458#msg361458
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2011, 01:27:14 am »
I think people are forgetting about the people who don't play this for hours and hours each day, or haven't played for a VERY long time. I have CCYB 1.27 with all upgraded cards and thats about it for upgraded cards. I don't have stacks of electrum to go and by cards and upgrade them, just to be thrown into an arena deck for 3 days.

Making rules cutting out the cards that new people use to farm is just gonna make their decks get pushed down the list.
If i had money, then i would make crazier decks to test out. I play trainer just because i like making decks i can't afford here. I got a photon in the oracle so i just threw up my T50 farming deck (fire rush) and that saves me from spending alot more money to build a deck then i win from letting it sit in the arena
So use unupped cards. With double draw and the like, you should be able to build very competitive decks without upped cards.

Offline bucky1andonly

• Reputation Power: 9
  • bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361461#msg361461
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2011, 01:32:04 am »
Don't dictate how a person should make their arena decks.  That is the bottom line of all of this, and you QT said you were bored of seeing all these rainbows, well the same problem existed in t50, lots of rainbows.  No one is forcing anyone to participate.  The rainbows are not that hard to beat, so if you like money, vote no.

LifeLockable

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361465#msg361465
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2011, 01:50:07 am »
The difference of T-50 SpeedBow decks and arena speedbow decks is they simply are outclassed with double draws and double the card it just overwhelms everything, I realize a perfect deck doesnt exist but I have played like 200 arena games today and have only run into a mono or duo like four or five times, which is just rediculous, its taking the fun out of the game and I need my rares that I cant get otherwise or else I wouldnt play arena at all

Addicted

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361473#msg361473
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2011, 01:59:32 am »
Its not just upgrading cards, its just buying them. If i spend 1000 electrum to make a deck that makes 100 electrum that is a big loss for new people. 1000 electrum or more is easy to spend on a new deck where you have none of the cards

anything
blarg: